Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Looking for a trust worthy boosted Honda guru in OC Cali area

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Looking for a trust worthy boosted Honda guru in OC Cali area

Hey guys. I am posting in this forum because I trust other ITR owners would recommend someone trust worthy. I am looking for a Honda guru/tuner that can come out my home to help get my car running.

As you may have seen in my other post, I haven't been able to get my car started after installing my JRSC setup. In summary, I have a fuel map from a buddy that sold me his LHT setup. However, I haven't had any luck in getting my car to start even after updating the fuel map to match my setup. I did get the car to start when I sprayed in starter fluid but the car died immediately and couldn't hold idle. I'm no guru here ... I've configured as much as I could comfortably (and with some help from a friend) to at least match my setup and add a bit of fuel. I haven't had much luck and I feel like it's best to leave the rest to someone who knows what they're doing. Mechanically I've done what I could to confirm that I indeed have fuel and spark so I believe I do not have any mechanical issues and that my problem is strictly related to tuning.

I am located in Orange County and hopefully someone here has a trust worthy tuner/guru that can come out and help a fellow ITR owner!

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-10-2017, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looking for a trust worthy boosted Honda guru in OC Cali area

One thing I can recommend you check. The TPS and MAP sensors have identical plugs, make certain the connections for each are correct.
Old 07-10-2017, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Seedc2
One thing I can recommend you check. The TPS and MAP sensors have identical plugs, make certain the connections for each are correct.
I double checked that awhile back and I have them plugged in correctly.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump! anyone?
Old 07-12-2017, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you got it to run by spraying starter fluid, then you most likely have a fuel problem......

Did car run with no problems prior to installing S/C?

Did you upgrade fuel pump?

Is it a BRAND NEW unit?

Is your fuel pump priming? (When you turn your key to acc is it whining from the back seat?) or (Fuel pressure gauge on rail or firewall)

Is the fuel reaching your injectors?

Did you upgrade the injectors?

Are they NEW injectors or used?

Are all 4 operating properly?

Even with a shitty, it should atleast start and run. It would most likely idle all over the place, or be super high, or really lumpy low and barely run. But saying that it ran for a moment with directly spraying starter fluid would lead me to believe its a fuel related issue. Run through that checklist above and report back.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DC2-ProdUcTiOnS
If you got it to run by spraying starter fluid, then you most likely have a fuel problem......

Did car run with no problems prior to installing S/C?

Did you upgrade fuel pump?

Is it a BRAND NEW unit?

Is your fuel pump priming? (When you turn your key to acc is it whining from the back seat?) or (Fuel pressure gauge on rail or firewall)

Is the fuel reaching your injectors?

Did you upgrade the injectors?

Are they NEW injectors or used?

Are all 4 operating properly?

Even with a shitty, it should atleast start and run. It would most likely idle all over the place, or be super high, or really lumpy low and barely run. But saying that it ran for a moment with directly spraying starter fluid would lead me to believe its a fuel related issue. Run through that checklist above and report back.
Hey DC2-ProdUcTiOnS

Even though I was able to turn the car over with starter fluid, it took a full can and I was only able to start it up twice (and not consecutively either). So the car ran fine before installing s/c. I did upgrade to Walbro 255 (brand new). Fuel pump primes and I have fuel pressure when I turn the key on. I get 40ish psi on prime and 50ish psi on crank (and it remains a steady at 50 psi when I try to crank). My injectors have pulse and fuel is getting to the injectors and spraying (verified when I removed them from my rails I saw the tips had fuel on them). They are brand new injectors.

I also tried putting back my stock injectors, stock MAP and ECU, kept the bypass valve open so car won't see boost and didn't have any luck turning the car over either. So this leads me to believe it may be more than just fuel map issue. I'm running in circles here since I confirmed I indeed have spark and fuel but car won't start with stock components. Everyone I talked to says my car SHOULD start *sigh*
Old 07-14-2017, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Poro,

have you checked your grounds? Technically, if you add a supercharger and keep everything else as is, theres no reason it wouldnt start/idle. so then start thinking of things you changed. or removed. Triple check grounds. Get an injector tester (fancy light bulb) and see if they are pulsing when you are cranking. I imagine this isnt a tune related issue but instead a mechanical issue thats probably being over looked.
Old 07-22-2017, 03:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've had a really similar experience regarding the starter fluid helping start the engine , but die right after . My issue was 2 of the cylinders were just slightly out of round , couple thousands off . That was enough to leak a crucial amount of compression needed to keep the engine on at idle . Just my experience.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Issue SOLVED but having problems using DW 1000cc injectors

So I figured out the issue and finally got my car running! For awhile when I was trying to diagnose my crank-no-start issue I had on Deatschwerks 1000cc injectors. During this time I verified everything: injector pulse, fuel pressure, spark, grounds, TPS / MAP plugs are plugged in correctly ... all that jazz. I decided I should slowly put back stock components to diagnose the issue. First thing I did was put back stock injectors and stock ECU. I zip tied my bypass valve to make sure car will not see boost. No luck. I gave up (since it's been over a month diagnosing) and decided to take a break for a week or two. This past Monday my buddy came over and he had me check my spark. I was pretty adamant that I had spark (since I confirmed this about a month ago). We did our test and no spark. So we removed my dizzy and put it in his car (since we know his car will fire up) and his car wouldn't start so we know that something in my dizzy was bad. He took out the ignition coil from his dizzy and put it in mines and voila, his car started. So I run off to buy a new ignition coil. We put that into my dizzy and sure enough my car fired up. Finally! Now I can move forward with my build.

After successfully firing up my car on stock injectors and new ignition coil, it was time to put back the DW 1000cc injectors in. We calibrated my ECU to compensate for the new size. After getting them on, the car would not start. WTF! We tried to slowly add fuel but the car would just not start with these guys. So we thought about it and I had a hard time getting them in (I experienced this the first time I put them in three months earlier). I had to gently tap the fuel rail with a rubber mallet so that the rail would properly mount over the manifold studs and I can tighten them down. By doing so I believe the force is pushing the injectors too far inside the fuel rail? These injectors are brand new and I did check that I had pulse when I used injector clips. I tried spraying in starter fluid and the car started but it immediately died and could not hold idle. So it must be the injectors aren't able to deliver fuel because it's getting kinked?

So now I either have to find a way to get them seated properly or sell them off and try to get something closer to stock form (physically) like RCs? It's very disappointing since I spent a pretty penny on them and they aren't working out for me. I know it's not the clips and it has to be the injectors since I had to force them in. I'd like to try to make them work and I don't want to go with a different brand only to be faced with the same problem.

Has anyone ran into this issue with DW injectors on a b-series? Anyone have any suggestions?

PS I am currently back on stock injectors, fuel map is adjusted and car starts up fine.