Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 04:49 AM
CPR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion

For those that haven't read (https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=127108), I recently got in an accident. The tail end of my car kicked out while on the grassy median. I guess in the process, my tires rolled over and allowed grass and dirt to jam in between the rims and tires on the passenger side. I tried everything to scrape it out but to no avail. Should I be worried driving the car around?
Old 02-11-2002, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion (CPR)

I would just get the tires dismounted to remove any debris that got caught between the tires and wheels. Then just remount/balance them. Shouldn't cost anymore than $10-20 per tire. Although I have no idea if the tires are still safe considering the extreme nature of your accident.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:15 AM
CPR

Default Re: Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion (Piston Honda)

I would just get the tires dismounted to remove any debris that got caught between the tires and wheels. Then just remount/balance them. Shouldn't cost anymore than $10-20 per tire. Although I have no idea if the tires are still safe considering the extreme nature of your accident.
The tires are pretty much brand new. I've only had 800 miles on them. I'll have them checked just to make sure there's no debris inside the tires.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:19 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion (CPR)

Probably a good idea to have them cleaned out. I suppose enough debris wedged in there may cause the tire to leak air. But, be careful where you take it. The last place to mount tires for me messed up the rims pretty good.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:20 AM
New User

This sounds like a problem with the tire bead. Have it fixed/checked by a reputable tire shop. Tires are kinda important for control.
Old 02-11-2002, 06:47 AM
New User

Default Re: Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion (figment)

Ask Fuminsho! He has first hand experience with your problem.
Old 02-11-2002, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion (Blazin ITR)

Race cars get that all the time. I would clean it out to keep the bead clean.

Didn't know the ITR was a ralley car.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Got Grass Stuck Between my Rims and Tires via Involuntary Off-Road Excursion (the real steve c)

Man I wish I still had that picture handy on the web.... my wife took it as they pulled me out of the muck. I had the choice of going into the railing or mud..... I had to go with the mud. I forced the tail around so hard that I went into the mud backwards!
But I just took the tire off... aired it back up and put it back on... later I took the car to a self serve car wash and dismounted all four rims ( one at a time of course) and sprayed the whole underside.

Fuminsho