Old 07-20-2007, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look who stole my cams...

Trying to inform everyone so it does not happen to them

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2047260
Old 07-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (B16b-EJ8)

how do you know what cams you had if you dont know the difference? unless you have before and after pics of the cams then I dont know how you can claim you dont have the cams you went in with.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (RTW DC2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do you know what cams you had if you dont know the difference? unless you have before and after pics of the cams then I dont know how you can claim you dont have the cams you went in with. </TD></TR></TABLE>

there is some truth to that. But honestly if you bought an ITR swap wouldnt you expect it to come with ITR cams. yes you would, i am going to have the lobes measured tonight so i know for sure. also based on every picture i have seen on the net and otherwise the cams i have are B16a cams and i was making decent power before i did the cam swap so that leads me to belive they were b16b cams in there....but you are correct in some of what your saying.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how do you know what cams you had if you dont know the difference? unless you have before and after pics of the cams then I dont know how you can claim you dont have the cams you went in with. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and on that same note....

so, you say you have a swapped engine (jdm b16b ctr)

who is to say that when the motor came over here from japan that it did not already have a different set of cams in it....

i have seen tons of posts where someone has bought a jdm car and it has had mods aready done to it....

maybe the original owner in Japan changed the cams out to whatever he/she had before they sold the car....you see this all the time here in the states.....
Old 07-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (cmdr430)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cmdr430 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and on that same note....

so, you say you have a swapped engine (jdm b16b ctr)

who is to say that when the motor came over here from japan that it did not already have a different set of cams in it....

i have seen tons of posts where someone has bought a jdm car and it has had mods aready done to it....

maybe the original owner in Japan changed the cams out to whatever he/she had before they sold the car....you see this all the time here in the states.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

QFT. thats the thing you have to realize, you DONT KNOW what cams you had in there to begin with. you cannot PROVE what cams you had in there to begin with. you have to be able to prove it bro.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Very true.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JjuuN R)

This is true. I've heard of JDM engines having different stuff done to them as well and without cracking it open you don't what you got nor can you prove it.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look who stole my cams...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cmdr430 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who is to say that when the motor came over here from japan that it did not already have a different set of cams in it....</TD></TR></TABLE>

To the OP, what exactly is the pedigree of the CTR engine that you bought from Japan? How well do you know the seller? Is your trust in the seller and your conviction that your engine had CTR cams so solid and unwavering that you have no reservations telling all of H-T that IL4 defrauded you?
Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (RTW DC2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RTW DC2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

QFT. </TD></TR></TABLE>

o.k. i am oblivious.... what does that stand for....

i am sure it is something really easy, but my brain is not picking it up...
Old 07-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (cmdr430)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cmdr430 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

o.k. i am oblivious.... what does that stand for....

i am sure it is something really easy, but my brain is not picking it up... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Quoted For Truth
Old 07-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (Batoutahell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Batoutahell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

To the OP, what exactly is the pedigree of the CTR engine that you bought from Japan? How well do you know the seller? Is your trust in the seller and your conviction that your engine had CTR cams so solid and unwavering that you have no reservations telling all of H-T that IL4 defrauded you?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Bought the motor from IL4 they did the swap, they pulled the head and installed the new VT, cams and so on. Look i was a little heated by the situation did i jump the gun maybe...maybe not. If you knew what your cams were supposed to look like and you realized that was not what was given to you so you ask about it and they bring a used "ITR" exhaust cam out and say see look no grooves, when the intake cam is the one in question, or tell you that "honda was trying to save money by not putting grooves in the newer cams" wouldnt you second guess their integrity?

Look, there are many possibilities as to what could have happened to my cams, maybe they werent even in the motor before it got to the states who knows. The fact of the matter is i did not look at the cams before they came out of the engine so i cant say for an absolute certainty that they did jack my cams. I have done $11,653.43 worth of EXCELLENT business with IL4 (I added up my reciepts for the last year this morning before going down there) so i hate to have to make a thread like this about them. Like stated before i am going to have to get the cams measured.

Thank you H-T for your support
Old 07-20-2007, 01:26 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I think you're going to end up chalking this up as a loss... You have no proof that they did anything wrong. Sucks to say.

Perhaps they didn't do anything wrong, and you bought your engine with the incorrect cams. I've seen it happen before, many-a-time. A friend of mine bought an LS/VTEC that supposedly had Type-R internals, and CTR cams... I told him to take the head off BEFORE he bought the engine and check (I gave him everything to check), he didn't, and he ended up with a stock LS bottom end, and a stock B16 head/valvetrain/cams.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16b-EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Bought the motor from IL4 they did the swap, they pulled the head and installed the new VT, cams and so on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If IL4 sold you a CTR engine, then I agree you have every right to expect that it came with CTR cams. I hope the cams spec out properly for you.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (Batoutahell)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Batoutahell &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If IL4 sold you a CTR engine, then I agree you have every right to expect that it came with CTR cams. I hope the cams spec out properly for you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks
Old 07-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16b-EJ8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

Granted it'd be nice to take your side... But Inlinefour has been around for a longggggggggg time... It'd be nice if you resolved this issue before you drug their name threw the dirt on H-T.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (itrSteez)

IL4 doesn't have the best reputation anyhow, the F on their BBB card can tell you that.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (itrSteez)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itrSteez &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Granted it'd be nice to take your side... But Inlinefour has been around for a longggggggggg time... It'd be nice if you resolved this issue before you drug their name threw the dirt on H-T.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what you saying, and if you noticed in my original thread i was really apprehensive about giving a name untill something was resolve. I have spent almost 12k at IL4 in the past year without issue, not once. I though i had developed a nice realationship with a shop. Getting dicounted parts and hanging after hours...but i felt like i was getting smoke blown up my *** when i asked them about the cams not having any grooves. But other than the one picture on H-T no one can actually confirm if the newer CTR cams did in fact not have any grooves. Man this sucks, time to get the cams measured or get over it....speaking of does anyone in here know where to get cas measured properly preferably in SoCal, or anywhere else for that matter it would be worth it to me to have them measured.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look who stole my cams... (JjuuN R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JjuuN R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">IL4 doesn't have the best reputation anyhow, the F on their BBB card can tell you that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh ****, it's that bad?

I never checked... I haven't really ever ordered anythign major from them... but they've been around so long I figured they couldn't still be in bitnazzz if they sucked that bad.... it's not like one of those jdm fly-by-night sites.

I should guess again.......

Either way if you cant get it on Hmotors then there's a dealer of whatever part you need somewhere on HT