Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

JDM ITR transmission - clicking noise!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!!

My friend has a jdm itr tranny 4.785 final drive lsd. When I drive the car it starts to click. The faster I go the faster it clicks. When im at a complete stop it doesnt click. When i push on the clutch pedal it doesnt click either. Its only when the car is moving. I coasted my car down a hill with the car on and its still there. need help fast!!! Yes it clicks when its in neutral.

A : Throw Out bearing
B : Input Shaft bearing
Old 11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!! (handa)

help! bump
Old 11-22-2005, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The throwout bearing only engages the splines of the pp when you push the pedal in, so it won't be that.

I doubt it's the input shaft bearing either.

Drop the tranny and inspect the clutch.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!! (Dr Pooface)

TTT
Old 11-22-2005, 07:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by handa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">TTT</TD></TR></TABLE>

There is NO BUMPING in this forum.

If I could help you I would. If you don't get any responses then there is a reason for it.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not to come off as sounding like an *******, but in the FAQ it blatently states that there is no 'bumping' in the ITR forum.

As Dr. Poop said...drop the tranny and take a look. Do you know if your buddy has a stock clutch?

This may be a little off base, but recently I had some Volks. 7.5 inches wide. I had a weird little clicking noise and changed the axles and wheel bearings because of this noise. It ended up being that the inner tire wall had broken and had a slight bubble that was smacking the suspension

I'd recommend trying the cheaper stuff first. Who knows.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 PM

Your description sucks. More percise details please. I think I have been every kind of tranny problems there can be. Wed morning My clutch gave out on the way to Dave B's What a PIA that was.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!! (ossabB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ossabB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your description sucks. More percise details please. I think I have been every kind of tranny problems there can be. Wed morning My clutch gave out on the way to Dave B's What a PIA that was. </TD></TR></TABLE>

and pushing a car hundreds of miles sucks ***!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!! (Haleiwa-Brando)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Haleiwa-Brando &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and pushing a car hundreds of miles sucks ***! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it does, and his situation was not funny. I was lucky since I was stranded only 60 miles from home. He got stranded a thousand from home and hundreds from where he needed to be.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!! (Mythias)

But the reward was worth it. I got a serious Job offer in Sarasota FL. Now to get the POS running 99.9% and take the job
Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for the bumping situation,

anyways i first started off running just the jdm itr flywheel with exedy stage 1 clutch and pp. Then after a couple weeks i dropped in a ACT 8lb flywheel. I changed the throw out bearing and the pilot bearing but still used my clutch and flywheel. Drove fine for about 1 month then it started to click. Never really driven hard just raced about 3 or 4 times and misshifted 3rd gear about 3 or 4 times.

I just took my car for a spin and it seems like when i floor my car to around 6.5 to 8k rpms, my clutch pedal felt like thier was a vibration through it. Like a shaky feeling. more feedback would be really nice
Old 11-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ossabB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But the reward was worth it. I got a serious Job offer in Sarasota FL. Now to get the POS running 99.9% and take the job </TD></TR></TABLE>

Rob that's great! I'm stoked for you. Please, keep me informed on your situation. Maybe now you can afford that heafty plane ticket to come check out Hawaii
Old 11-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Maybe there's a nail in the tire.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: :::JDM ITR Tranny Clicking(help)!!! (SoCal ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoCal ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Maybe there's a nail in the tire.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe it isn't even your clutch. You said that you misshifted a few times....this could be a noise/vibration coming from your valvetrain....like a valve slapping a piston.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 PM

We coasted his car down a hill with the motor off, in neutral, and it still clicked, i thought it had something to do with axles but they're new and installed right, i got under the car and had him spin the tire by hand... sound was coming out of tranny.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JoeEF9)

You have to drop the tranny. If you're lucky the clutch is fukced. If not then open the tranny up and inspect it. You're not going to get a magic bullet by sitting on your couch surfing the net.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:17 AM
cool guy name

Default Re: (Dr Pooface)

Check the axles. Even though they are new, driving like a jackass,<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by handa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry for the bumping situation,

anyways i first started off running just the jdm itr flywheel with exedy stage 1 clutch and pp. Then after a couple weeks i dropped in a ACT 8lb flywheel. I changed the throw out bearing and the pilot bearing but still used my clutch and flywheel. Drove fine for about 1 month then it started to click. Never really driven hard just raced about 3 or 4 times and misshifted 3rd gear about 3 or 4 times.I just took my car for a spin and it seems like when i floor my car to around 6.5 to 8k rpms, my clutch pedal felt like thier was a vibration through it. Like a shaky feeling. more feedback would be really nice</TD></TR></TABLE>

which you do, your axle/axles could of broke. Any vibration while driving?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:30 AM
ITB

maybe before you drop the tranny you might wanna check the axles. people always jump to the worse thing
Old 11-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ITB)

i forgot to state that yesterday i check my clutch resavoir and it was dry empty i added some in right after that. Could that be the problem. And ill check the axles and well get back ta ya. Thanks for the replys. there are no vibrations at all. Gears still go in smooth. I can feel a difference in my clutch pedal.
Old 11-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (handa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by handa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i forgot to state that yesterday i check my clutch resavoir and it was dry empty i added some in right after that. Could that be the problem. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No