Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

JDM folding mirrors

Old 03-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Folding mirrors

Please don't IM me about this topic. I had it done 2 years ago and dont remember what we did.

Modified by DC2R714 at 3:27 PM 3/4/2006
Old 03-15-2003, 02:14 PM

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (DC2R714)

very nice, good write up
Old 03-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that video is dope lol.

crap, i wish someone did a write up for civics with no power anything to start with
Old 03-15-2003, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (zer0zer0 TypeR)

does this make you cool or something???? JFYM I think does are ******* tight, why does JDM get all the good ****.
Old 03-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (georgiajdm)

does this make you cool or something???? JFYM I think does are ******* tight, why does JDM get all the good ****.
haha ya it does. Its JDM y0! For real though the mirrors aren't as functional as the USDM ones cause they are on the wrong side for us. So when I look in my side mirror I feel like I have googlie eyes or somethin, its weird. I might be switching the actual mirror out with my USDM one so no more googlie eye
Old 03-15-2003, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally like the raised section version better but great write up on how to do it!
Old 03-15-2003, 02:56 PM

Good write up but, all tha work for what??
Just to look JDM??
Old 03-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Glad I could help with the install. You should have posted the movie of me looking like an ***. Oh well. Looks great man. Hope you enjoy them. You JDM *****!!
Old 03-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Here is where we did the install. It's great that Scott honda lets Tim do projects on the weekend.
Kinda like my friend w/ a turbo Eclipse, he works at America's largest Chevy dealer, in Memphis, and they let him do work on weekends. We mounted and balanced my new tires and checked and adjusted the alignment last Sunday.

Old 03-15-2003, 05:46 PM

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (PatrickGSR94)

I must run to the bathroom, I messed my shorts watching the video

Nice job want to come to my house with everything I'll pay.
Old 03-15-2003, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (Bbasso)

Is it just me or do they look just like 94-96 USDM side mirrors?
Old 03-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

folding mirrors are so convenient...I should get some.....highly needed here.
Old 03-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (MiraiZ)

Glad to see you got them in and are happy with them. Not more than a day after I mailed those out to you, my CTR ones came in, so Jonas you'll have a similar writup for the EK in the coming weeks.

Old 03-15-2003, 07:34 PM

Please. please post a wiring diagram. I have the mirrors and the switch, but I am not sure if I have the correct relay. Is the relay the power door lock relay, or is it a seperate relay?

I would really appreciate it if you can go into more detail for the wiring between the two extra wires from the switch and the relay, and the mirrors. I plan on installing mine this week

I have the harness from the switch, the harness to the mirrors, and the harness going to the door lock relay.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (canuck-mx6)

Please. please post a wiring diagram. I have the mirrors and the switch, but I am not sure if I have the correct relay. Is the relay the power door lock relay, or is it a seperate relay?

I would really appreciate it if you can go into more detail for the wiring between the two extra wires from the switch and the relay, and the mirrors. I plan on installing mine this week

I have the harness from the switch, the harness to the mirrors, and the harness going to the door lock relay.
Tim is whipping up a wiring diagram as I write this. He will post it up soon.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (Tweety R)

Just to look JDM??
What the **** is your problem?? ...so he doesn't want his car looking like everyone elses...so ******* what? I personally think it looks awesome and he did a damn ******* good job! I am ******* sick and tired of reading post from haters who can only criticize..take your negative comments somewhere else! Its because of guys like you that I refuse to post pics in the ITR forum anymore.

Where I come from, if have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all!!my 2 yen!
Old 03-15-2003, 11:40 PM

Great job...
Old 03-16-2003, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my 2 yen!
rofl... actually, as of 2003.03.16 18:51:36 GMT, 1 USD = 118.200 JPY, so it would be your 2.36400 yen

but seriously speaking, what are folding mirrors for? is it for parking purposes? or to adjust the viewing position? sorry for the ignorance.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:30 AM

Just to look JDM??

What the **** is your problem?? ...so he doesn't want his car looking like everyone elses...so ******* what? I personally think it looks awesome and he did a damn ******* good job! I am ******* sick and tired of reading post from haters who can only criticize..take your negative comments somewhere else! Its because of guys like you that I refuse to post pics in the ITR forum anymore.

Where I come from, if have nothing good to say then don't say anything at all!!my 2 yen!
wow, wow, wow, take a chill pill pal... just because of you I won't refrain from giving my own opinion. Not all the opions have to be positive all the time like everybody have to kiss everybody's ***. Just like you, I'm giving my two cents too. Where I come from we live in democracy so, the criticism have to be taken too and it wasn't even directed to you. So, **** off freak!
Old 03-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (Tweety R)

wow, wow, wow, take a chill pill pal... just because of you I won't refrain from giving my own opinion. Not all the opions have to be positive all the time like everybody have to kiss everybody's ***. Just like you, I'm giving my two cents too. Where I come from we live in democracy so, the criticism have to be taken too and it wasn't even directed to you. So, **** off freak!
::CALMED DOWN::

Yes, everyone has a right to their own opinions. But lately this forum has gotten a bit obsurd with people putting other people down for just trying to be a bit different. Where I come from, that's called freedom of expression, and nobody should be shitted on for it. This isn't high school where we have to look like our friends to be accepted. And he didn't do anything outrageous and obviously he spend a lot of time and money on his project. I feel priveledged that he wanted to share his how to with us.

But lately, guys like you with their little one-liner comments like "why?", really gets offensive and annoying...all I'm saying is think about the other guy before you go riding on his nuts with your put-downs.

[Modified by MiraiZ, 5:50 AM 3/17/2003]
Old 03-16-2003, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (bunmango)

but seriously speaking, what are folding mirrors for? is it for parking purposes? or to adjust the viewing position? sorry for the ignorance.
Folding mirrors are for people who live in areas where there is alot of snowfall every year, and for people who park on narrow city streets. Snowplows take off mirrors every snowstorm, but if you have folding mirrors, they just fold away when the plow hits, and no breakage occurs thus saving you $$.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:17 PM
Global Moderator

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (2000gsrsedan)

Snowplows take off mirrors every snowstorm, but if you have folding mirrors, they just fold away when the plow hits, and no breakage occurs thus saving you $$.
Stock Integra mirrors fold.
Old 03-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JDM Folding mirrors (2000gsrsedan)

Folding mirrors are for people who live in areas where there is alot of snowfall every year, and for people who park on narrow city streets. Snowplows take off mirrors every snowstorm, but if you have folding mirrors, they just fold away when the plow hits, and no breakage occurs thus saving you $$.
ahh thanks... I guess living in Southern California, I wouldn't know that

Stock Integra mirrors fold.
yea, but not electronically speaking of which, do they fold automatically when you turn off your car? or do you have to do it yourself with the switch? makes sense if it's the former... if it's the latter, wouldn't you be better off folding your mirror yourself?
Old 03-16-2003, 01:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

speaking of which, do they fold automatically when you turn off your car? or do you have to do it yourself with the switch? makes sense if it's the former... if it's the latter, wouldn't you be better off folding your mirror yourself?
We will be wiring them to the ignition switch as well so you can do it manually or when the car shuts off.
Old 03-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

To answer your question...on some cars they fold when you turn it off....I think on the Integra, you have to pushed the fold switch....cars like the Lexus LS400 (Celsior) series and the Nissan Cima in Japan do it completely automatically and even have touch sensors inside and outside of the car that signal it to fold.

In Japan, folding mirrors are a necessity because parking spaces and roads are very narrow....I could show you may car in a tight parking space, but I refuse to post pics here, because of the low maturity level deplicted lately.

Electronic folding mirrors are increasingly becoming necessary because of the automated parking lots in Japan, where you car literally is put on an elevator and hoisted up a vertically stacked parking lot. You HAVE to fold your mirrors and have power antennas to use those...so you now see why we have them....not bling or rice over here.

[Modified by MiraiZ, 7:28 AM 3/17/2003]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: JDM folding mirrors