Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Instructions for installing oem optional side skirts and hardware necessary- ANY HELP greatly apprec

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instructions for installing oem optional side skirts and hardware necessary- ANY HELP greatly apprec

I am looking for instructions for installing the oem optional side skirts for integra coupes and more so Im am looking for a list of the hardware necessary to install such skirts...any help diagrams, links would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Instructions for installing oem optional side skirts and hardware necessary- ANY HELP greatly ap

Side skirts are simple bolt on. No cutting or drilling. Easy
Old 02-25-2003, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Instructions for installing oem optional side skirts and hardware necessary- ANY HELP greatly ap

i did it on my roomates car and it goes on the same way the stock ones go on. No extra hardware to my recollection, maybe there was a screw or two on either side by the fenderwell, but i don't htink so.. But regardles.. it was an easy install.. its the easiest piece to put on of the oem kit. on drillin no nothing required..

EDIT: Damn you dennis. haha. beat me to it

[Modified by pdcdragon, 3:19 AM 2/25/2003]
Old 02-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Once you remove the screws in the wheel wells, slide the existing sill forward before pulling it out and away from the car. Remove the square white pegs that run the length of the old sill and install in the new one. Push the new sill into the car and backward to seat it. Install screws and repeat on other side....
Old 02-25-2003, 11:54 AM

thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-25-2003, 02:08 PM

Once you remove the screws in the wheel wells, slide the existing sill forward before pulling it out and away from the car. Remove the square white pegs that run the length of the old sill and install in the new one. Push the new sill into the car and backward to seat it. Install screws and repeat on other side....
took me 30 mins to figure this out when i did my install.
Old 02-26-2003, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a little off topic, but related.... I am looking for the rubber seal off one of the rear skirts for my OEM optional body kit ... Does anyone know where to find one ???
Old 02-26-2003, 06:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is a little off topic, but related.... I am looking for the rubber seal off one of the rear skirts for my OEM optional body kit ... Does anyone know where to find one ???
You might want to start your own thread on this; I've read here that many peeps with CW caR's removed that seal before they installed the rear pieces (visually stood out too much), and possibly a few still have them laying around!?
Old 02-26-2003, 08:12 AM

is there any reason to keep that seal on or remove it? it might look silly on a white sideskirt being put onto a white car..... but if it serves some function i'll leave it on

You might want to start your own thread on this; I've read here that many peeps with CW caR's removed that seal before they installed the rear pieces (visually stood out too much), and possibly a few still have them laying around!?
Old 02-26-2003, 08:51 AM
New User

i took the black seal/strips off mine, didn't like the look of it at all...

also, when installing the skirts, you need to re-use the hardware/pegs from the oem sides. BUT you have to turn them around to mount the kit. I'll see if i have the orignal instructions lying around at home still.

[Modified by tie par, 10:51 AM 2/26/2003]
Old 02-26-2003, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is there any reason to keep that seal on or remove it? it might look silly on a white sideskirt being put onto a white car..... but if it serves some function i'll leave it on
i left mine on.. it doesn't really stick out all that much.. it looks good!
Old 02-26-2003, 09:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey tie_par !!! If you still have the seal/strips I'll be VERY happy to buy them from you !!! Please send me an IM !!! My case was that my body kit came in red and I had it painted black to install on my ITR. The jerkoff at the shop ruined one of the strips when he pulled it to paint the skirt. My car is black so the strips don't even show and the strip helps keep the dirt out from underneath the skirt.