Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Im in love or is it lust???

Old 01-13-2006, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im in love or is it lust???

Any one know where i can get a good deal on these???
JIC coil-over kits have proven worthy on Japanese racing circuits and are now ready to make an impact stateside. JIC USA has custom tailored their coil-over systems for the American market by re-valving and carefully selecting spring rates to better suit America’s tougher roads. Constant testing and tuning ensure you receive the best coil-over system available, allowing your vehicle to improve its chassis balance, adjust ride height, improve braking, and reduce body roll. Whether you drift, autocross, or road race — JIC coil-overs are designed for enthusiasts looking for that JDM style, status, and performance. All JIC coil-over systems are made in Japan.

FLT-1US coil-overs are perfect for Acura/Honda drivers looking for adjustable ride height, but don’t want to tinker with dampening settings. The FLT-1US fixed-rate coil-over system features a twin-tube nitrogen gas shock with stable viscosity index oil, allowing consistent dampening regardless of temperature. A "cool bend" manufacturing process ensures spring rate consistency and perfect matching with shock dampening for spirited driving conditions. Lightweight Duralumin 6061 lock and spring seats provide extreme durability, even after years of adjustment. A solid steel (front) and aluminum (rear) adjustable height lower bracket provide greater resiliency over OEM specs, providing drop adjustability between 0.5" – 2.5" inches. Bump stops included. The FLT-1US coil-over system comes complete with all required hardware.

Features

* Fixed Rate Coil-Over System Exclusively Made for Acura / Honda Applications
* 0.5" - 2.5" Ride Height Adjustability
* Twin-tube Nitrogen Gas Damper
* Cool Bend Linear Spring
* Duralumin 6061 Lock and Spring Seat
* Steel Adjustable Height Front Lower Bracket
* Aluminum Adjustable Height Rear Lower Bracket
* Bump Stops Included
* Front and Rear Application

Spring Rates (front / rear): 7 / 5 kg/mm

Installation Tip: When altering any suspension component, it is highly recommended to have a front alignment performed. Proper alignment can improve gas mileage, handling, and greatly reduce premature tire wear. Application Note(s)

* Front and Rear Application
* Chassis Code: DC2

Old 01-13-2006, 10:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (Rene M)

I think before you fall into anything you need to research these a bit.

IIRC they have poor valving and or extremely poor customer support as well as possibly more issues I don't recall clearly.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (1GreyTeg)

Yeah I ordered a set of their "Custom Valved" shocks once along with about 20 other people (wired speed labs group buy) and everybody got the same exact rates and valving no mater what they ordered. Then when we tried to send them back to get changed, they didn't do anything and wired had to eat them
Old 01-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (AssPenny)

After watching everyone go through that group buy and seeing/helping with the installs first hand... I'd never buy JIC.

Ive also watched a MI guy get a set that came with one leaking... and no one was willing to do anything about it.

There are MANY better options out there.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (splitime)

Koni/GC setup seems to be the best bang for the the buck. Plus it only takes a week to get differnent rate springs, not 3 months
Old 01-13-2006, 08:12 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AssPenny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Koni/GC setup seems to be the best bang for the the buck. Plus it only takes a week to get differnent rate springs, not 3 months </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow i had no idea.... Thanks for flicking on the light there guys..

While i do not share you enthusiasm for Ground Controls i will use Koni shocks and Koni coil overs which are much better..
Old 01-13-2006, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I love my Koni/GC setup. Running 400 lbs/in front, 500 lbs/in rear. Tracked it 4 times already (3 different tracks that I've tracked before all stock) and love it, along with the JDM 23mm rear anti-roll bar the car rotates well.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (KOALA YUMMIES)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah I love my Koni/GC setup. Running 400 lbs/in front, 500 lbs/in rear. Tracked it 4 times already (3 different tracks that I've tracked before all stock) and love it, along with the JDM 23mm rear anti-roll bar the car rotates well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You know out of the thre cars that had GC's in them none do now.. I have had a hard time with the hardware freezing up and being un adjustable ..
Old 01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
B A N N E D

wierd but JIC makes sick **** for other cars and has an awesome reputation for performance, from what u guys r sayin service sucks tho
Old 01-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

JICs = will break on you easily. Not to mention their customer service is atrocious as hell.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DC2IntegraTypeR)

i'm running a set of the Apex-i N1 Evolution Circuits, variable spring rates available, but a bit on the pricey side, i wouldn't trade these for anything, ride can me a little rough, but if you can dodge construction sites or don't live in NYC you're golden

Modified by JUN.R at 8:31 AM 1/14/2006
Old 01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i have heard mixed opinions about jic. but who knows every company has a bad batch it seams.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1119039

That should show you what there all about
Old 01-14-2006, 02:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rene M &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You know out of the thre cars that had GC's in them none do now.. I have had a hard time with the hardware freezing up and being un adjustable .. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I realized how off topic that was just going on what else was said, but what I should have contributed is one of the many problems (posted in threads like what Casey posted) people have had with JIC's product and service.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (neo_)

we been useing the JIC's on our nissan with no problems for the last several years. but on the hondas/acuras we been useing Ksport(http://www.ksportusa.com/ )which i personally like a little better and the price isnt to bad either.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:13 PM
.RJ

Default Re: Im in love or is it lust??? (DontBlink)

Koni
Old 01-14-2006, 11:39 PM

wen i had my 240sx i had used jic's from my cousins 240, they were blown wen i got them, so i got them rebuilt which then again blew in about 3-4 months (the rears), my tokico 5 way/skunk2 set up on my civic now ride much better. i may of jus had a bad experience but id never buy jic products again.

jus my 2 cizents