Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

I'm having trouble installing my swaybar. I'm using moog stabilizer bar links

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 10:55 PM
Dur Da Dur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm having trouble installing my swaybar. I'm using moog stabilizer bar links

I thought it went:
Nut
swaybar
bushing
washer
linkage
washer
bushing
LCA
bushing
washer
nut

BUT! there's not enough bushings for dat! Each linkage has three washers and two bushings. How the **** do I put this together?!

Old 03-31-2016, 10:48 AM
Dur Da Dur

Default Re: I'm having trouble installing my swaybar. I'm using moog stabilizer bar links

The guy at moog said it goes nut washer bushing washer LCAS bushing washer link swaybar nut.

Seems weird but whatever
Old 03-31-2016, 03:08 PM
Dur Da Dur

Default Re: I'm having trouble installing my swaybar. I'm using moog stabilizer bar links

Maybe someone on this forum could take a couple pictures of their front swaybar links? I just wanna see how the washers/bushings are attached to the lca and swaybar. The moog dude was acting tarded he couldn't find info and called me back an hour later..

Please and thank you
Old 03-31-2016, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

30 second search reveals....

The upper endlink is found on Civic sway bars and the lower endlink is found on GSRs/ITRs.

Last edited by pogeeboy27; 04-05-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:33 PM
Dur Da Dur

Icon7 Re: I'm having trouble installing my swaybar. I'm using moog stabilizer bar links

Originally Posted by hondur
Maybe someone on this forum could take a couple pictures of their front swaybar links? I just wanna see how the washers/bushings are attached to the lca and swaybar. The moog dude was acting tarded he couldn't find info and called me back an hour later..

Please and thank you
Besides that you've got that upside-down, its obviously wrong in that it would have the washer placed against the LCA. It appers they simply put the bushin/washer back on combo upside down after disconnecting it from the LCA.

The difference between that one and what I've got is that I have one more washer.

Does anyone think i'll have a problem throwing the third washer in a spare fasteners bucket?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You only need two washers. I'm surprised they didn't give you enough of the thin washers since those more closely resemble the OEM hardware but it's no bother if the thicker ones work.

The bushings should have the smaller diameter (the necked down portion) inserted into the hole of the LCA then sandwiched by the washers on the outside acting as the buns of the hamburger. The other end of the endlink that secures to the Swaybar is held by just the one flange nut.

I'd take a picture if I could but I just put the car down recently and have been driving it after 6 months on the stands. Not about to put it back up.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27
30 second search reveals....

The upper endlink is found on GSR/ITR sway bars and the lower endlink is found on Civics.
It's the inverse, the bottom is for GS-R/ITR and the top is for the 21mm and 22mm front bars on Integra LS's and Civic's.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by IN VTEC
It's the inverse, the bottom is for GS-R/ITR and the top is for the 21mm and 22mm front bars on Integra LS's and Civic's.
Oops. Thanks for catching that.