Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

I really need help passing smog (part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I really need help passing smog (part 2)

Continued from the original thread here:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=636796

So i ended up putting on my stock cat and putting my VAFC numbers to 6 in 6 out, everything worked out fine and my check engine light is now off. So I guess my cat is working and everything is a go to pass smog.... besides visual.

I took my car to one of those ghetto shops to get my car smoged today but my car was too low for their rack. I talked to some of their technicians about my car anyway, and they said there were sure NO ONE will pass me for smog because of my header, and I MIGHT get away with my intake, but they werent sure.

Incase you guys dont know, I have a JDM 4-1 header with no heat shield and a AEM CAI w/o a carb sticker on it.

What the hell do I need to do to pass smog? I know some of you guys got crazy engines with turbos and ****, what the hell do you guys do when I have trouble passing a car with just a jdm header? I dont want to have to go buy a head shield and a stock intake just to pass smog, thats horibly gay. Please help me out guys, and if you guys can recommend me somewhere in Sacramento please do.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I really need help passing smog (FusionITR)

You have two choices:
1) buy a jdm heatshield and get a carb from aem or use a stock integra intake, doesn't have to be ITR
2) go crooked.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:56 AM

Default Re: I really need help passing smog (B2FiNiTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You have two choices:
1) buy a jdm heatshield and get a carb from aem or use a stock integra intake, doesn't have to be ITR
2) go crooked. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont like those choices.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FusionITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont like those choices.</TD></TR></TABLE>

THose are pretty much your only choices....you cant expect to pass smog or visual inspection w/out a carb sticker on your intake and the jdm 4-1 header there, people are not stupid.

Just take 30 min of your time, put the stock intake on, dont have to put the complete intake on, just until the air box, and just buy the heat shied, i believe they are only like $40 last i checked, and you can probably find it for cheaper.

If you are reluctant to do those things, then good luck passing smog legally.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:58 AM

Default Re: I really need help passing smog (PacMan ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PacMan ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

THose are pretty much your only choices....you cant expect to pass smog or visual inspection w/out a carb sticker on your intake and the jdm 4-1 header there, people are not stupid.

Just take 30 min of your time, put the stock intake on, dont have to put the complete intake on, just until the air box, and just buy the heat shied, i believe they are only like $40 last i checked, and you can probably find it for cheaper.

If you are reluctant to do those things, then good luck passing smog legally. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont have the stock intake, and it takes too much time to order a heat shield. Heh.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:32 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FusionITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I dont have the stock intake, and it takes too much time to order a heat shield. Heh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that's too f8kin bad aint it
Old 10-11-2003, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont have the stock intake, and it takes too much time to order a heat shield. Heh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like going to a shady place is the only way.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

FusionITR, i met u along time ago when i came to Sac I was the indian dude in a Black R...I have a stock ITR intake that u can BORROW, i will be coming to Sacramento the 18th, so if u wanna set up a smog date on that day or something I can bring it...let me know
Old 10-11-2003, 04:53 PM

Default Re: I really need help passing smog (hYpE-R-29)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hYpE-R-29 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">FusionITR, i met u along time ago when i came to Sac I was the indian dude in a Black R...I have a stock ITR intake that u can BORROW, i will be coming to Sacramento the 18th, so if u wanna set up a smog date on that day or something I can bring it...let me know </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was gonna borrow my friends intake, but if that doesnt work out i'll hit you up
Old 10-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know what kind of shops you are dealing with up in the area that you are at, but most shops, including all the board sponsors have this item ready to go, and can get it to you within a few days. I guess you should of thought of all this before you got rid of your stock parts, or before you bought a car that didnt have the stock parts.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I really need help passing smog (PacMan ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PacMan ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...I guess you should of thought of all this before you got rid of your stock parts, or before you bought a car that didn't have the stock parts. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed. Taking the time to sit down and organize your modification plans can almost always weed out many problems one might run into in the future. A bit of planning goes a long way.