Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

I just got nailed by a prick cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this.

the ticket is for "excessive tint /front window" now I have some knowledge and it needs to be specific right? like the % or something and does the ***** cop have a meter built in to his eyes because he did not use one to check the darkness.
Ok but here is the catch. I have Fl reg and ins with a perfectly clean lic, BUT the ticket was issued in NYC about a half hour ago (cause I'm in NY).

anyway I'm sure in NY the back windows can be whatever darkness as long as the car has 3 working mirrors, the windsheild can have a 6inch strip whatever darkness and the doors can only be 30%.

So on pricipal alone I would like some help to beat this ***** Cop's ticket

Thank you for any help!!!

SO the question is how do i beat this ***** cop's ticket (its not the money only $50.)

***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP ***** COP
one more time ***** cop

ya know what he said to me when I asked him "for which window", "I'll back up the car and write all five so you know!"

thats why he is a ***** COP

P.S. I have limo tint
Old 01-08-2002, 10:08 PM

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (Bbasso)

ANY tint on those windows here in California is illegal
Old 01-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (Chris)

ANY tint on those windows here in California is illegal
It sucks big time. I usually have my windows down already so cops don't usually spot it.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:15 PM

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (B2FiNiTY)

Just get a "friend" or neighbor CHP! Works for me!
Old 01-08-2002, 10:15 PM
I shoot brides

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (Bbasso)

if it's a FL licensed/insured car, then it doesn't have to follow the NY laws right?
is your driver's license from FL also?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (yoshi234)

Rob -
finally got busted for something in the R eh? Sorry to hear..
Old 01-08-2002, 11:39 PM
New User

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (yoshi234)

if it's a FL licensed/insured car, then it doesn't have to follow the NY laws right?
is your driver's license from FL also?
exactly what I was thinking. I mean, in FL, we don't run front plates either, and I know in some states thats mandatory. What are they gonna make you do, stamp your own plate or something? No way this ticket passes in court.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:26 AM
New User

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (VaporTrail)

my fronts r slightly tinted stock.... i know they rn't clear and i bought it in cali too wierd
Old 01-09-2002, 06:40 AM
New User

I have Fl reg and ins with a perfectly clean lic, BUT the ticket was issued in NYC about a half hour ago (cause I'm in NY).
Since you live in NY, why don't you have NY registration?

You do know that cops like to pick on people from out of town because they're more likely to pay the ticket than come to court to fight it, right?
Old 01-09-2002, 06:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (nsxtcjr)

cops are ********. . . . all tint is illegal herre in pa.. . i tried to fight them all the time and l;ost . . i even got a note from my doctor saying my eyes are light sensative and basically told me where to stick that note. i almost got arrested for going off on the cop the one time
Old 01-09-2002, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (itr206)

i got pulled over for my exhaust in MD....they said it was illegal, i showed the cop my virginia drivers licence and noted to him that my plates also said virginia and that i was only in MD to visit someone (which i was) and that my exhaust fell under VA state laws and that i couldnt help it if it was illegal in MD that i dont have the time to switch my exhaust each time i cross the border (i live maybe 25-30 minutes away from bethesda and rockville down here in VA) he let me off and told me not to let him catch me again, i just rolled my eyes and said thank you sir and continued my drive home.

another friend got pulled over for no front plate in MD....even though he was from NC....no front plate required in NC.....but that cop insisted since he was in MD he MUST have a front plate, oh man was that guy an *******.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:25 AM
sgT
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (junglistgsr)

Either way its still bullshit.
They dont have the authority to enforce equipment regulations from other states.
Only moving/parking violations in their own state.

Of course that doesnt mean they cant write you a ticket, but it wont stand in court.
Old 01-09-2002, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if you really want to fight it, here's what to do:

- Go to court and get the date postponed. Do this twice (maximum # of times you can do it), because it gives you a better chance the cop won't show up.

- Present your case and plead not guilty (this is very important).

Of course the cop is a dick. You're in NY and he's a cop. Those are the most crooked cops ever (well, a close 2nd is Chi-town but that's another story).

Since it wont affect your insurance or anything, I'd say pay the $50 because you'll spend much more time than it's worth fighting it.

[Modified by Black R, 1:28 PM 1/9/2002]
Old 01-09-2002, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Rob,
Sorry you got busted. I was worried about the tint when we were talking at the R-speed meeting. Also, I know you are angry, but the cop was just doing his job. Just go to court and fight the ticket. Since the cop didn't have a meter and most likely will not show at court for such a small ticket, you should get off (hopefully). But, before hand, you may have to make your registration "legal" and put it into NY.
Old 01-09-2002, 09:06 AM

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (davidnyc)

Rob,
I think you've a case here.
Plea NOT guilty and go to the court !!
The judge will ask the cop to present the case first.....then you will have the chance to question the cop......Be sure to ask the cop " How do you know my window tint is illegal without using a machine to measure ?? "
There's good chance the judge will dismiss your ticket cuz I believe they're require to use that machine !!

As for the side note......I did receive such a ticket about 3 years ago in my Bimmer. The funny thing was the cops only use the machine to measure my driver's side window.......so in the court, I asked the cop how did he know both of my window was the same colour ?? Also, when I got stopped, there was 2 cops,
and in the court, the cop did not mention his partner As soon as I mentioned those points......I was free to go home

If you have to fight.....do it !!!!!!!!!!

[Modified by WhosITR, 10:07 AM 1/9/2002]
Old 01-09-2002, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Fight it.

btw why do you have limo tint? (5%) Who are you, P. Diddy or something? Really dark tinted windows are a heat score imo.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Rob, aren't you still registered in FLA?

If so his ticket is useless and moot.

Anyways, be sure to sign the not guilty, then photocopy the ticket and send in the origional ticket with your response and a typed letter to the court clerk listing the days that you'd be free to appear in court. Make sure the letter is registered mail with a RETURN reciept from the post office. You need to protect yourself ya know.

Then and also IM me tonight and We'll talk in length about tickets and fighting them in the Empire state. I have a very good lawyer and a very good friend who is a cop. I have lots of experience in these matters. Though I may have had tickets written to me I haven't had one stick in awhile and haven't had a speed ticket stick in over 10 years.

The key to all of this is to be sure to respond and to show for the court dates and to plead it down. Unfortunately window tint is a lame ticket that is rarely pleaded down. Boy he must have been a *****.

Good luck,

Anton

PS I'll be on later around 8PM or so We'll talk then...

Old 01-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (1GreyTeg)

just plead not guilty and say that you did not know that tinted windows were illelgal. I have yet to see them not dismiss a case like this, here in Chicago anyways
Old 01-09-2002, 10:51 AM

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (py1188)

there is no way you should lose if you fight it. since no meter was used then he can't tell you its to dark.
Old 01-09-2002, 12:40 PM

Thanks for the advise everyone!!!

what I'll do is fight the ticket and I''l show up at court and tell the judge he was being very aggressive and did not use a tint meter... beside the fact that I live and have everything legit in Florida too

So should I have all my paperwork for thte car (reg,ins and lic) and just show up for a court date?

also should i piont out the interior of my car is all black and that the contrast from yellow could have thrown off the ***** cops judgement? and knowing my tint is or could be illeagal in NY seeing how I reside in Fl?

Now should i also make a piont about the ***** cop saying ""I'll back up the car and write all five so you know!" or should i leave that out maybe admitting some guilt or whatever seeing how its a Fl car???

once again, Thanks!
Old 01-09-2002, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

BAS,

what I'll do is fight the ticket and I''l show up at court and tell the judge he was being very aggressive and did not use a tint meter... beside the fact that I live and have everything legit in Florida too YES!!!!!

So should I have all my paperwork for thte car (reg,ins and lic) and just show up for a court date? YES!!!!!

also should i piont out the interior of my car is all black and that the contrast from yellow could have thrown off the ***** cops judgement? and knowing my tint is or could be illeagal in NY seeing how I reside in Fl? NO!!!!!!!

Now should i also make a piont about the ***** cop saying ""I'll back up the car and write all five so you know!" or should i leave that out maybe admitting some guilt or whatever seeing how its a Fl car??? NO!!!!!!!

g'luck
Old 01-09-2002, 12:46 PM

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (Big Phat R)

Well one of the reasons why i have 5% tint, have you ever fold down the rear seats with a woman?

Old 01-09-2002, 02:11 PM

that ticket is VOID...he can not write you a ticket for tint in a state that the car isn't registered to...

you're telling me that anyone visiting from another state can't have tinted windows???

the legality of tint in FL is 18% on ANY of the windows, minus the windshield...tell him this and you should have it dropped...don't be disrespectful, nor rude...

I know this for a FACT!

Old 01-09-2002, 02:16 PM
New User

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (typer98)

Cops can be real dicks at times. Seems like he just wanted to bust *****.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:54 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: I just got nailed by a ***** cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this. (Frank White)

I also live in Ny and my friend has a 540 that is registered in Fl because its a lot cheaper and because you don't need little things like front plates and stuff. We have gotten pulled over a few times and I think the law states that you have to register your car in Ny if you have lived here for a certain period of time so they could get you on that one, unless its not under your name and/or you are a Florida resident. The only way he gets away with it is because its under his grandfathers name who lives in Florida, but since its a small town the cops get all pissy about it because they know its his and they allways see him in it. zJust watch out because they might try to **** you on the Florida thing.

Quick Reply: I just got nailed by a prick cop and wrote me a ticket, need help to beet this.