Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (OEM wheels)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (OEM wheels)?

How many people (although you shouldn't) on this forum run or have ran conical style aftermarket lug nuts on their OEM ITR wheels?

Did you, or did you not have issues? I'm currently running ITR suspension/brakes, and OEM JDM ITR wheels, but am using extended ARP wheel studs, so I figured I'd use extended Skunk2 lug nuts. Now I am reading that an acorn-style seating nut is the ONLY nut you can use. That would be fine and dandy, however little to no manufacturers make an extended Honda threadpitch'd nut with an acorn/ball seat. I suppose I could machine the tops off of NSX nuts, but I don't want to get into that if I don't need to.

What's your experience? This car is going to see the road maybe 3-4 times a month. I could check the torque on the nuts each time I drive...
Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just in the market for lug nuts. Zigen makes some extended acorn style lugnuts. Few guys locally are running non acorn style lugnuts on their jdm wheels. Besides not sitting flush, they said they have had no problem and they drive their cars daily. Hope this helps,
Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (OEM wheels)? (HybridKOOP)

I have never nor would I ever.
Autozone has them cheap enough, no excuses.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Doostur)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doostur &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was just in the market for lug nuts. Zigen makes some extended acorn style lugnuts. Few guys locally are running non acorn style lugnuts on their jdm wheels. Besides not sitting flush, they said they have had no problem and they drive their cars daily. Hope this helps,</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Doostur. I have heard many people say that they have ran them (conical lugs) with no problems on their ITR wheels. Plus, I'm only using them on a weekend car, so I think I will be alright. I expect for safety-****** to jump all over me for it... but if enough people in here have ran them without them loosening up, then that's the way I'm going.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (Titanium ITR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Titanium ITR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have never nor would I ever.
Autozone has them cheap enough, no excuses.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Autozone sells acorn style nuts made for extended studs in gold/bronze?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (HybridKOOP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

but if enough people in here have ran them without them loosening up, then that's the way I'm going.</TD></TR></TABLE>

See IMO... this just follows the "cult methodology" . You are basically telling us that even if there is a chance of there being an issue, you are going to ignore the facts bc enough people are using them. There is no logic to this. You are the one calling the shots though.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR

People who prefer looks over safety are Aholes. Simple.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you search ebay there are a few companies that make them. One is Zigen and another company that sounds like Zigen. They were going for 50-100 shipped if i remember correctly depends on how many you want and if you want locks.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Umm, haven't seen any problems as of yet. Almost make year. Work RS Lug Nuts BTW
Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (HybridKOOP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Autozone sells acorn style nuts made for extended studs in gold/bronze?</TD></TR></TABLE>

If it is more important to you to have your lugnuts be a certain color rather than seat correctly to hold your wheels on, well, that's your call. But it's not a good call.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:28 AM

i didnt know lug nutz were so important
Old 02-21-2007, 07:39 AM
99-0104

Default Re: (cltitus)

darwin will win so why play with him?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn you guys show no mercy. He asked a question, we gave him the answer. Who cares what he does and why. Honda-tech beats the dead horse too much.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

reading this thread is like watching a train wreck about to happen

Old 02-21-2007, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueR)

just go out and buy the crazy bling T1R lug nuts
Old 02-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (actionanh)

Blah blah blah.

I asked for people to speak up who have or who do run conical lug nuts on stock wheels.

I didn't ask for kiddies in here to try and act like my father. I street race, I sky dive, I have surfed extremely large waves... it's how I like to live. I'm not a pocket protector nerd who gets off by driving around cones all day in a 160whp car with a 36 point cage... to each his own.

If you don't like it, I don't care. If you do like it, I still don't care. I asked for feedback from people who have or who do use these lug nuts. Half of the friggin' lug nugs advertised as acorn are STILL CONICAL.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe you should have ask him for some advice then

Old 02-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe you should have ask him for some advice then
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're so cool BlueR!

Read my build thread and then fire off some ricey F&F crap at me. I've owned and build 16 Hondas in the last 10 years, including the "oh so Godly ITR (98-587)".

/thread

Apparently some things never change in the ITR forum.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MiamiEJ1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiamiEJ1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Umm, haven't seen any problems as of yet. Almost make year. Work RS Lug Nuts BTW </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey MiamiEJ1, we've spoke before... again I'll say, beautiful car!

Oh, and you might want to delete your post before all the cone-nerds come at you in here for running those deadly conical nuts. LOL...
Old 02-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're so cool BlueR!

Read my build thread and then fire off some ricey F&F crap at me. I've owned and build 16 Hondas in the last 10 years, including the "oh so Godly ITR (98-587)".

/thread

Apparently some things never change in the ITR forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Blah blah blah

want a cookie?

Old 02-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (OEM wheels)? (HybridKOOP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I could check the torque on the nuts each time I drive... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Who the f*ck wants to check their lug nuts every time they drive their car? *shrug*

FWIW, I used conical lugs on a set of Integra wheels back in the day. They never seemed to tighten up properly, so I went and bought a set of OEM lugs. Whatever, do what you want...
Old 02-21-2007, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Blah blah blah

want a cookie?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No Dad, thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No Dad, thanks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

good

now, run along and go play with your lugnuts
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 AM
D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HybridKOOP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Read my build thread and then fire off some ricey F&F crap at me. I've owned and build 16 Hondas in the last 10 years, including the "oh so Godly ITR (98-587)".</TD></TR></TABLE>

So after building 16 hondas, you never came across the OEM open ended acorn lugs? Christ... you don't miss much.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does no one make open-ended acorn nuts for Hondas?

[edit] D was quicker.

Quick Reply: Be honest, do you or have you ran conical lugnuts on your ITR (OEM wheels)?