Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Finally got my R..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: hmmm

Originally Posted by My95DB8
Looks like the car had went into possibly good hands. But being a fellow R owner myself and knowing about this car also.. you might want to disclose the rear end damage as well. It was salvaged due to flood but it has also been wrecked in the rear as well - as stated by the previous owner. Cluster is NOT original to the chassis as he told me as well. It's a solid car and worth the $5,300 you paid but to not disclose the FULL information on the car is just wrong.
Originally Posted by JDM EJ2
I wasn't made aware of the rear end damage by the previous owner. Torque mounts are bad and I tried to be as honest as possible on this ad. Old owner must've switched the ECU out on my because I drove it home from Ohio and had to buy a new ECU and new seats. I have been brutally honest this entire time with the car and got into unforeseen financial difficulties cutting this build short of where I wanted it to go. I failed to mention the cluster, I forgot to be honest.
So who's telling the truth? The previous owner told one prospective buyer about the damage but failed to tell the actual buyer?

OP - we have no issue with making money on a car, but failing to disclose the full history of the car is straight up shady. BTW your craigslist list ad says clean title but the description says salvaged. Which is it?
Old 10-20-2016, 03:52 PM
Plead da Fif

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Finally got my R..

Why is this even in the tech forums? Use the Marketplace like (nearly) everyone else!
Old 10-20-2016, 05:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by pogeeboy27
So who's telling the truth? The previous owner told one prospective buyer about the damage but failed to tell the actual buyer?

OP - we have no issue with making money on a car, but failing to disclose the full history of the car is straight up shady. BTW your craigslist list ad says clean title but the description says salvaged. Which is it?
I am providing everyone with the VIN. I clearly state it's rebuilt but I hold a clean Georgia title in my hand. I don't know why it's like that, I bought the car like that. It's in black and white. It's not priced like a clean title R. I'll be here all night, keep it coming
Old 10-20-2016, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How about a simple yes or no question to keep things simple: did the previous owner disclose the rear end and flood damages to you?

Last edited by pogeeboy27; 10-20-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How about a simple yes or no question to keep things simple: did the previous owner disclose the rear end and flood damages to you?
I was told about the R title when I bought the car as stated in my original post. I found out about the flood and damage when I pulled the VIN days later. I purchased this car with full knowledge of it being R title, and never once have I tried to hide that fact. After being on Honda Tech for 10 years I know you don't pull **** like that on this community, nor would I want that karma.
Old 10-21-2016, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 10-21-2016, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?

Im in for 6k
Old 10-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM EJ2
I was told about the R title when I bought the car as stated in my original post. I found out about the flood and damage when I pulled the VIN days later. I purchased this car with full knowledge of it being R title, and never once have I tried to hide that fact. After being on Honda Tech for 10 years I know you don't pull **** like that on this community, nor would I want that karma.
It's not a yes or no but we're getting somewhere. You bought the ITR well aware of the salvaged title but didn't bother to ask why the title is such. In your eyes the selling price didn't warrant having to ask the question. So by this inference the previous owner did not tell you about the damages because you didn't ask. Am I right?

You then proceeded to pull the VIN and found out about the damages. Cleaned up the car a bit, did some minor fixes, and then proceeded to sell it for a healthy profit all while leaving the onus on the next prospective buyer to pull the VIN for themselves instead of being up front and disclosing the damages. Am I right?

Try to keep your responses short and simple, especially if it can be answered with a simple yes or no. FYI the longer your responses are the more guilty you look.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Honestly, you guys are being douches to the OP. It's his car, he's being pretty upfront and it is the buyers who should be checking vin's, doing inspections etc. Stop trying to **** on the guys R. The fact is he is priced below market even with a rebuilt title and all you guys are doing is trying to make the guy feel shitty about the situation. It's his car and he can sell it at whatever he wants to. He doesn't even have to disclose anything to the next buyer but he is being upfront with what he knows. At the end of the day the car is safe to drive, doesn't look like a pile of ****, is a NYC car with the rear quarter panels still intact and the price is a little higher that your average clean GSR.

To the post above me, it is not that he is more guilty with long answers. How would you respond when a forum is on tilt attacking you and your car? You'd start defending yourself from the barrage of criticisms coming your way.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Prudz_lude
Honestly, you guys are being douches to the OP. It's his car, he's being pretty upfront and it is the buyers who should be checking vin's, doing inspections etc. Stop trying to **** on the guys R. The fact is he is priced below market even with a rebuilt title and all you guys are doing is trying to make the guy feel shitty about the situation. It's his car and he can sell it at whatever he wants to. He doesn't even have to disclose anything to the next buyer but he is being upfront with what he knows. At the end of the day the car is safe to drive, doesn't look like a pile of ****, is a NYC car with the rear quarter panels still intact and the price is a little higher that your average clean GSR.

To the post above me, it is not that he is more guilty with long answers. How would you respond when a forum is on tilt attacking you and your car? You'd start defending yourself from the barrage of criticisms coming your way.
Up front?! Yeah up front with what he chooses to put up there. I don't know about how you do deals but I'm up front with every thing that is wrong with a car. Yeah it's the buyer's responsibility to do their homework but to be up front especially with major damages is just the right thing to do. We are not knocking the R. Matter of fact it looks like a very nice rebuilt example. The issue here is the fact the OP did not disclose the major faults he discovered with the ITR on the Craigslist ad. The previous owner told one prospective buyer about the major damages but failed to tell the OP? Who's lying here? Let me throw this question to you. You think the person who buys this R would feel like he got a deal paying the OP's asking price without knowing the full history of the car? Yes or no.

You know how I'd respond to attacks on my for sale ad? First I would edit the ad to disclose all major faults with the car. Second, I'd be up front and answer yes or no questions with yes or no answers. If the question is more open ended, then and only then would I provide a longer answer. Plain and simple.

OP - choice is up to you to edit your Craigslist ad. Either you stay here and continue defending your integrity or you can do what is right.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Prudz_lude

Thank you my man, I appreciate it. Sour little children on here. I'm selling a used car and have given an incredible amount of info. At this point this is all redundant and has been covered. They're looking for a bad guy when I did nothing wrong. Either put up the money or move along. I appreciate those who have contacted me regarding the car.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Up front?! Yeah up front with what he chooses to put up there. I don't know about how you do deals but I'm up front with every thing that is wrong with a car. Yeah it's the buyer's responsibility to do their homework but to be up front especially with major damages is just the right thing to do. We are not knocking the R. Matter of fact it looks like a very nice rebuilt example. The issue here is the fact the OP did not disclose the major faults he discovered with the ITR on the Craigslist ad. The previous owner told one prospective buyer about the major damages but failed to tell the OP? Who's lying here? Let me throw this question to you. You think the person who buys this R would feel like he got a deal paying the OP's asking price without knowing the full history of the car? Yes or no.

You know how I'd respond to attacks on my for sale ad? First I would edit the ad to disclose all major faults with the car. Second, I'd be up front and answer yes or no questions with yes or no answers. If the question is more open ended, then and only then would I provide a longer answer. Plain and simple.

OP - choice is up to you to edit your Craigslist ad. Either you stay here and continue defending your integrity or you can do what is right.
Yes, knowing it has a rebuilt title you would assume it had got hit somewhere at some point flood damage or not and at OP's price it is still a redic deal on a Type R especially considering the condition.

Let me ask you a question. Do you ever not post novels for replies?
Old 10-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've provided the VIN to everyone who has contacted me. It will stay the way it is. If you're interested in the car, PM me. If not, mosey on to the next post to whine.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OP:

People on these forums know that it's the buyer's responsibility to get the car checked out, before making an offer and many know that once you're next to an ITR that's for sale, you're willing to over look a lot of issues (if the car's paint is nice).

Don't drag down your advertisement, with a "story".
"Keep it simple", like Honda's late 70's advertising campaign.

Example:

FS: Acura Integra Type R, Black, Salvage title, VIN available upon request. $9,000 obo

Don't give info that you don't have 1st hand/hands on knowledge of, otherwise you can be held accountable. For instance... Don't pin yourself down on the motor. Is the JDM motor really the "R" version or is it the JDM GS-R version, with a red valve cover?

If the buyer is serious, he'll spend money evaluating car, before an offer is made.

Regarding your unbranded GA title:
The laws are designed to keep businesses in check.
Junk yards can't sell salvaged cars with clean titles, so all vehicles purchased from a junk yard will have a branded title.

If the owner (of your itr) bought it back from the insurance company, after it was totaled, a junk yard was not involved.
The owner (or who ever the owner sold it to) got it repaired, then it passed a state safety inspection, and maybe an emissions inspection. Once fixed up and back on the road, it could be sold and the title would not have an unusual marking on it, hence, it looks clean. (Getting insurance on it is another story.)

The car never had to go to a GA State inspection center, for rebuilt cars. If it did...Once it would have been determined road worthy and safe, its title would have been marked/branded.

Tennessee has the most relaxed vehicle title laws and it is not hard to "wash" the title of its branded status there.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by safedriver
OP:

People on these forums know that it's the buyer's responsibility to get the car checked out, before making an offer and many know that once you're next to an ITR that's for sale, you're willing to over look a lot of issues (if the car's paint is nice).

Don't drag down your advertisement, with a "story".
"Keep it simple", like Honda's late 70's advertising campaign.

Example:

FS: Acura Integra Type R, Black, Salvage title, VIN available upon request. $9,000 obo

Don't give info that you don't have 1st hand/hands on knowledge of, otherwise you can be held accountable. For instance... Don't pin yourself down on the motor. Is the JDM motor really the "R" version or is it the JDM GS-R version, with a red valve cover?

If the buyer is serious, he'll spend money evaluating car, before an offer is made.

Regarding your unbranded GA title:
The laws are designed to keep businesses in check.
Junk yards can't sell salvaged cars with clean titles, so all vehicles purchased from a junk yard will have a branded title.

If the owner (of your itr) bought it back from the insurance company, after it was totaled, a junk yard was not involved.
The owner (or who ever the owner sold it to) got it repaired, then it passed a state safety inspection, and maybe an emissions inspection. Once fixed up and back on the road, it could be sold and the title would not have an unusual marking on it, hence, it looks clean. (Getting insurance on it is another story.)

The car never had to go to a GA State inspection center, for rebuilt cars. If it did...Once it would have been determined road worthy and safe, its title would have been marked/branded.

Tennessee has the most relaxed vehicle title laws and it is not hard to "wash" the title of its branded status there.
Thank you for the info.

Here is a link for a perfect Type R for everyone who cried on this post over a $9,000 R. Bring your checkbooks.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-acura-integra/
Old 12-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Car sold this week. Thanks for all the info and help HT.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:39 PM
Trial User

Just saw this post while looking for something from long ago. I am the original owner of this R and I put it to hell and back. I use to use the Name SlowassR on hondatech and if current owner of this car want to check some the old post out im sure they are there. Sadly the pictures are probably gone. We use to have our server and our pictures were saved to WeToddDidRacing.com....but thats long gone.

Its not the original ECU, that is true. its actually not the original motor., transmission, paint, seats, gauge cluster, and tons of other stuff. When I gave the car up around 65k miles it was on motor #3. the transmission was also swapped several times.

I put a lot of hard track and road miles on this car. for the last 15k miles it was track only (lost my license from racing) and thats where the car really took its beating.

I had something happened, I forget the exact details, but I had to replace the rear suspension and control arms. Im sure I put a tread up about it. Also the car was hit bad in the rear on the track for an RX7 that spun out and hit the car., that was the first repaint.

A tire and rim completely broke free once, which caused the front fender to come off and damaged the hood. We never found that rim....That was on the way to the Expo that was at beaver run.

The ECU I dropped and was using an aftermarket fuel management. I did leave the factory harness so it could be plugged back in easy just incase I had a problem and had to limp it home on the stock ecu. I also pulled the gauge cluster and had electrical gauges that gave my fuel trim and some other data. interior I gutted and I had a sparco Evos. I traded the original seats to a guy in Jacksonville name reberto for the second paint job.

I really wish i had all my old pictures. If any are around I would love them. There was a lot of awesome guys in that scene too like Mile mugenR, and Marco and D from Orlando and all the guys down in Fl. Good time. I have had some awesome cars since then but truth be told the truly 100% the car I enjoyed driving the most. And to whom ever has the R now, don't be scared the car had a few bumps and bruises. Everything was fixed 100% perfect and when I had the car not a cheap or crappy part touched that thing. This R had soul and im sure you can still drive it like you stole it. if you have any questions my email is project1.00@gmail.com.

-Luke :-)