Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions

Old 06-02-2002, 11:00 AM

Location: Bitch Slapping Your Ass Around The Twisties n Doin, it Doggy style At a theater near you
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions

I was drivin by my work in Arlington heights IL, i was approaching an intersection and basically this guy was getting ready to turn on the oncomming side of traffic and he didn't yield to me so he turned, i slammed on the brakes and he stops in the middle of the intersection like a ****** idiot ( it would be more logical for him to keep going cause he was in the middle of the turn already right? ). Well, to make a long story short, my Hood, fenders, bumpers, core support and radiator support is pushed in. THe rest of the car remains intact ( thank god my precious C5 is ok). The weird thing is one of my good friends just got into a wreck with his PY ITR like a week before. Another weird thing is that i just got 2 tickets the day before the accident and i had to sit at the police station becuase he was writing me a ticket for Negligent driving and driving without a drivers license. Another weird thing is that i got pulled over a couple monthes back and the cop let me go but the day after that, i got pulled over and i got 2 tickets again for improper lane usage and speeding.

Well, that was off the topic but the main questions that i have was that i want to get the JDM front end now, i am sure i am going to do it but i don't know where to get one from. I was thinking about getting a used one, after all its going to be repainted and all but if i can squeeze enough money from that idiots insurance company, i'd be able to get a new one.
My first question; whats the difference between the HID JDM headlights and the NON HID ones? I Have OEM Honda HID's off a CL-S, are the housings different?
Second question ; Where can i get a good deal for the Conversion? I was thinking about infinitemotorsports cause they have them in stock but i don't know how complete the conversion is. Its a pretty good price they gave me but i want to make sure its complete. My friend that has a JDM front end conversion got his for a really good deal at Hondamotorsonline.com but thats on backorder so i don't know if i can wait 6-8 weeks. Stage2racing gave me a good price too but like i said, i dont know how complete it is.
I am not too familiar with the JDM front end. What should everything include for the whole conversion. I know its not just the hood, fenders and bumpers plus headlights and radiator support.
The messed up part is the fact that i don't know how much actual damage is on the car and how much i would have to cough up on my own for the JDM if i even have to cough up anything. I will have pics posted up so stay updated. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-02-2002, 11:08 AM

Default Re: My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions (NDLess Type R)

ok, breathe.....

first of all, sorry about your incident, but this may turn out for the better. It doesn't seem that there is much damage other than body work. Do you know any good body shops in the area?

You can buy it new for about 3K, which has ALL parts included, w/ out OEM HID's, add about another grand for that...

You can get the kit from Dave @ R & D or Mike @ IPS for about that price...they also have experience w/ the kit and are able to help talk your body shop through the process if they have any questions, that is the best reason to buy from them...SERVICE!!! you may find it a little cheaper, but you may be missing some critical parts and you won't get the service from them either.

Don't buy it used, as you're going to have to get it painted to match any way, all of the OEM colors are tough to match, and you may have seen pics of different cars w/ the same color that don't look to be the same color, even in person.

either way, whether you get the original parts from Acura, or the JDM front, it should cost about the same, maybe a little more the JDM, but if you have to, spend the difference for the new front, it's definitely the right time to do it!

Good Luck!
Old 06-02-2002, 11:31 AM

Location: kyoto sangyo daigaku, kyoto, japan, sometimes bay area CA
Default Re: My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions (Jason)

it seems like everyone nowadays is getting hit and gettin a JDM front... why can't someone hit me? =P
Old 06-02-2002, 12:54 PM
jet
New User

Default Re: My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions (dLo GSR)

it seems like everyone nowadays is getting hit and gettin a JDM front... why can't someone hit me? =P
some people end up regretting what they wish for...i'd be careful. just save up, even a used one in decent condition is not too bad in price...i've seen it.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:31 PM

Location: Bitch Slapping Your Ass Around The Twisties n Doin, it Doggy style At a theater near you

Thanks For the Info Jason. I get what your saying but i wish my pocket would agree with me. I think i will pick up the JDM but first thing's first. I gotta check the car out and let the body shop check the car out cause i wanna stay as far away as possible from spitting anything outta my own pocket. I wish i had the pics on hand to show you guys so you guys could give me a general idea on how much it would cost to fix my car. One of the most important things thats on my mind is my insurance. He was the one that got the ticket, not me. He didn't yield on the green. The thing i am worried about is him trying to file a claim on my insurance company. I don't want my rates to go up cause of his stupidity. Either way, i want the JDM and i am almost there. I have a reason to get it. I just want to make sure that the kits are complete wherever i pick it up from cause i got an offer for 2700 for the non HID oem kit. I don't know, if insurance pays me more, i can better make up my mind but if not, i might have to look for something cheaper cause i still have to keep in mind labor and stuff. My friend that just wrecked his R just nearly put a 10 grand dent in his wallet ( or his insurance company's wallet ).
Its kinda cool though, now i got a reason to calm down when i drive ( even though it wasn't my fault and i wasn't speeding ) cause i will have a 5 grand front end on my car. Again, thanks Jason.
Old 06-02-2002, 01:37 PM
New User

ndless hit me up on IM, just curious to see if we got them at the same plave, cause thats the same price i paid
Old 06-02-2002, 03:31 PM

the price you found was probably not including shipping, I am fairly sure that R & D has it for 3K shipped, so I'd say they are pretty close, and you can guarantee that Dave's OEM kit is complete!

As far as the other guy coming after you, it won't make a difference. The officer wrote the other party a ticket, which means HE was at fault...that is the reason the insurance companies get a copy of the police report so they know who is going to pay for the damages! You should be OK on that...

like I said before, whether your insurance buys you a JDM kit or replacement USDM parts, it's not going to be much difference and price and the labor will probably be similar as well...it's up to you, but you have the info to make a well informed decision either way.

Good Luck to you...

If you have any other ?'s for me, hit me up on IM
Old 06-02-2002, 03:46 PM

also, check this out...not local to you, but maybe you can work something out w/ him if it is indeed legit... 2500 is what he's asking new in box!
Old 06-03-2002, 10:48 AM

sorry, forgot link

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=199273
Old 06-03-2002, 02:37 PM
New User

KEn hit me up on AOL the place where i bought kit from called me today and said they tried calling you but it was wrong number or something?? well they wont do the same exact price, cause the sale ended or some **** like that but i can still get you a good deal with CF hood.........
Old 06-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions (Nighthawk GS-R)

i got my OEM hid front from hondamotorsonline.com as far as i know they have them in stock....but either way here are the parts you will need

1.Front bumper w/ lip
2.Pair of steel fenders
3.Hood
4.Longer Hood Cable (accord should work)
5.Headlights (extra 400 for the OEM HID ...they were very clean)
6. Metal Bumper Bracket that the bumper is held on by (often forgotten)
7. Grill between headlights
8.Stanley sidemarkers (should be in the fenders if you buy used)

sorry if i forgot anything

http://WWW.HondaMotorsOnline.com
Old 06-03-2002, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My R GOT HIT! JDM Front End questions (jdmspoonitr)

forgot to mention the radiator core support