Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

die theived die

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 03:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default die theives die

Good News: My car is "fine". The Bad News: I have BODY DAMAGE and NO EMBLEMS! I HATE LOSERS. I have an alarm but the proximity piece will not be in until today, which would have been a huge help on this past saturday (my sensativity is now cranked up).

I was sitting in my room putting on eyeliner (because I am a girl). Simultaneously I heard POP sound from the car port and my alarm and pager went off...I ran outside with the only thing I could grab...a huge cooking fork ready to bring the wrath...well the scum bag (s) got away but the police are aware, took a report, and have been driving through. Now I have to get an estimate today and pay for this shi* myself...why can't they leave the ITR alone?? The worst part is now they know where i live....i will be moving out as soon as my lease is up. At least I still have my ITR though

Is there anything else that can be easily stolen off my emblemless and dented car??

To the theives : get a fuc*ing job and buy your own ITR...

Modified by NOTHZTYP at 5:55 AM 6/2/2003

Modified by NOTHZTYP at 5:59 AM 6/2/2003
Old 06-02-2003, 03:35 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: die theived die (NOTHZTYP)

damn, that sucks! thieves are piecesoffugginshit! here's your chance to go sleeper though... lemme know if you need a hand, anton knows how much i like debadging cars! again, sorry
Old 06-02-2003, 03:40 AM

Thanks CR....i knew you'd be there for me!! I am getting the badges for cost but if anone dare come near her again i am definitely debadging....not buying shi* for scum bags to steal for free!!
Old 06-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry to hear, its hard to be safe in NYC.
Jersey is no better.
Please find a garage at all cost.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn...I hate car thieves. Glad that the car thieves in Japan don't target ITRs as much (knock wood)
Old 06-02-2003, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 06-02-2003, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theived die (MiraiZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MiraiZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn...I hate car thieves. Glad that the car thieves in Japan don't target ITRs as much (knock wood)</TD></TR></TABLE>
Take precautions anyway, I don't trust Asian Mafia related in US and Canada already shopping in Japan. My friend EV07 in Saitama area has higher insurance due to thief history claim by his broker.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOTHZTYP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Good News: My car is "fine". The Bad News: I have BODY DAMAGE and NO EMBLEMS! I HATE LOSERS. I have an alarm but the proximity piece will not be in until today, which would have been a huge help on this past saturday (my sensativity is now cranked up).

I was sitting in my room putting on eyeliner (because I am a girl). Simultaneously I heard POP sound from the car port and my alarm and pager went off...I ran outside with the only thing I could grab...a huge cooking fork ready to bring the wrath...well the scum bag (s) got away but the police are aware, took a report, and have been driving through. Now I have to get an estimate today and pay for this shi* myself...why can't they leave the ITR alone?? The worst part is now they know where i live....i will be moving out as soon as my lease is up. At least I still have my ITR though

Is there anything else that can be easily stolen off my emblemless and dented car??

To the theives : get a fuc*ing job and buy your own ITR... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, that sucks T, sorry that you had to experience that at all.

But, you should take Chris up on that and have all of the badges and even the wing removed if you want to avoid most attention. And get steelies and hubcaps to cover the 5 lug, (don't think I have any pics of mine like that.)

Hell, Noone even looked at my car when everything was off but, now that I have the wing and "loud-O-fart-O-can" on I do get more attention again, unfortunately...

Have Chris send you some Pics of my car when it was stripped, it looked really clean and subdued.

Best of luck, and hope nothing else happens to your R.

BTW, I just loved this line:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOTHZTYP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was sitting in my room putting on eyeliner (because I am a girl).</TD></TR></TABLE>
ROFLOL

A.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:26 AM

Thanks everyone. I miss all you guys A, Rodney etc!! You fellow ITR owners are such nice people. Until i rent a garage....is there anything else that can be stolen quickly?
Old 06-02-2003, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default damn

Tina, that is not cool at all, im so sorry.
Albany has had a bad ring of theives off and on again, and thats horrible they have found you.
you may want to consider having someone you trust put in a method of disabling your car. one that theives are not aware of (ie rigging it so you have to hit certain buttons on your car in a certain order to enable the fuel pump)
its possible and I know of a few people I can direct you to, to help out

Good luck
Old 06-02-2003, 04:41 AM
thk
Members Only

Sorry to hear that your car was vandalized like that.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOTHZTYP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there anything else that can be stolen quickly?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-02-2003, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The definition of quickly is different between us meer mortals that don't go around f*cking peoples sh*t up and taking what's not ours and the Jagoff's that do this for kicks and or a living.

I think recently on the Discovery or other Learning channel, there was a show that explained just how fast a real thief could take your car. The total car including bypassing alarms and clubs or whatnot could be taken in less than 5 minutes.

There was another show that displayed Repo guys taking a car in less than 60 seconds.

But, just stealing sh*t off of the car? The easiest things could be the wheels and then the wing.

For the wheels, you could install 2 different wheel locks on each wheel, for the wing, I can't see much more of a deterrant other than you removing it nicely yourself since these D*cks just rip it off however they can, damaging your hatch regardless.

You could also buy a car cover so noone hopefully takes any interest in it.

The Club, I've seen is just a visual deterrant for amateurs. Motivated Pro's just hack through it in seconds.

Autolock seems to have a strong following as near impossible to override. Some people use 2 Autolock's

1 or 2 fuel cutoffs are another idea.

My favorite, Wheels boot's , not just 1 but, maybe 2, for one side.

But, in the end as most of us already know, if they want it, they will take it. Nothing can stop them from dragging it or pushing it away with a tow truck or large truck. Several in our group have had their's taken but, I believe Dave is the only one that had his recovered in decent shape due to Lojack.

Just make sure you have good insurance and hopefully some better luck.

Again, sorry.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:52 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOTHZTYP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I was sitting in my room putting on eyeliner (because I am a girl </TD></TR></TABLE>

see, if you were a tomboy, you would have caught the thieves..... again, that sucks, just trying to make you laugh (or make myself look like an ***, both of which i probably succeded)
Old 06-02-2003, 04:57 AM

Ok A so tell me more about the wheel locks....and does anyone know if a car cover will interfere with the proximity portion of my alarm...
Old 06-02-2003, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theived die (machgo5go)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by machgo5go &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Take precautions anyway, I don't trust Asian Mafia related in US and Canada already shopping in Japan. My friend EV07 in Saitama area has higher insurance due to thief history claim by his broker.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The main targets in Japan are SUVs, German cars, VIP cars (like the Cima and Celsior), and believe it or not Chevy Astros
Old 06-02-2003, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theives die (NOTHZTYP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOTHZTYP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok A so tell me more about the wheel locks....and does anyone know if a car cover will interfere with the proximity portion of my alarm...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ask Rodney about better wheel locks than the Mcguards sold at the dealership.

As a matter of fact I'll give you mine if you want 'em, I have no use for them anyway. You'd just need another set and could get a different brand that is more secure to confuse them a bit more.

I have no idea about the cover and the sensor, I just think, out of site possibly out of their minds. You could talk to your alarm installation shop or even call the manufacturer to find this out for sure.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:30 AM
New User

Default Re: die theived die (Willard)

I wish Pat still have his R. I never got to see it.
I think we all just need to move to Japan.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theives die (1GreyTeg)

problem with alarms is most of them use ignition cutoff right under the dash. Takes 30 seconds to rewire the car to make it run.

you want some hidden fuel cutoff so that NO ONE knows how its hooked up, something unique.
Wings, wheels and badges will always be stolen. Last year at school i lost my badges and someone tried to steal the car all together.
Worthless people who steal really pisses me off
Old 06-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Default Re: die theived die (Type-R Yo!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-R Yo! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wish Pat still have his R. I never got to see it.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Eh, if you've seen one black one, you've seen them all

But the pix Willard posted are of my former Hype R on the morning her spoiler was ganked. I think the repair bill was in the $2600 range. I still have the old hatch shell if anyone wants it.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theives die (NOTHZTYP)

Sorry to hear about your misfortune it was provably just an isolated incident
sum punk-*** kids ya know,might wanna take you're stickers off and maybe put on some aftermarket H emblems,good luck!
Old 06-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: die theives die (OutLaw R)

That sucks, sorry to hear that. On the bright side at least it wasn't any major stuff like wheels or the car itself.

If you don't already have them make sure you get a Club and the Other one that goes on the Brake pedal. If you have an alarm (Hope you do) I'd suggest bringing it to a shop and having them put in self resetting circuit breakers on the Alarm, Siren output, Light Flashing output and Main Power (+ & -) this way if they try to zap it it will trip the circuit breaker and then reset so that the car is still defended Vs a Fuse setup were the fuses would simply blow and the alarm would be dead.

If you need any help or suggestion let me know.

PS a Bunch of us HTers could always just hide outside with some baseball bats one night waiting for them to comeback
Old 06-02-2003, 12:53 PM

Default Re: die theives die (Mike M)

Old 06-02-2003, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theives die (Mike M)

sorry to hear bout that....i just recently got my fron emblem stolen from you so i feel ya....and the day after i bought my car some stupid *** in a truck backed into my front bumper and left a nice gash and then left w/out a note or anything. at least you still have the car girl!
Old 06-02-2003, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: die theives die (LillDragun)

Sucks!!

Something that must be dealt with when owning an R.....

Quick Reply: die theived die