Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Dc2r non srs steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2019, 11:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dc2r non srs steering wheel

hey guys, how would the non srs steering wheel measure up compared to the srs wheel? And how would you go about installing one in a factory srs car? Looking for a smaller wheel but don’t want to lose the factory look.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:14 AM
too old for school

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Dc2r non srs steering wheel

The JDM non-SRS steering wheel is the smallest "OEM" option for the ITR. That wheel is smaller than the JDM SRS wheel. But even the JDM SRS wheel is smaller than the USDM SRS steering wheel. Google search "integra JDM steering wheel diameter" and you'll find the info you're looking for (I think they're posted on the team-integra forums).

I have the JDM SRS steering wheel. While it is smaller than the USDM wheel, the size difference is not very noticeable. I don't think the difference is enough for you to be satisfied with the purchase... even the beat up JDM SRS steering wheels are expensive (~300). A mint one will run you $600+, and you'll be looking for a bit.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

In my NSX I used a resistor to trick the airbag module into thinking the driver airbag was still installed, no driver airbag, the passenger airbag still works, and no SRS light.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ff terror
The JDM non-SRS steering wheel is the smallest "OEM" option for the ITR. That wheel is smaller than the JDM SRS wheel. But even the JDM SRS wheel is smaller than the USDM SRS steering wheel. Google search "integra JDM steering wheel diameter" and you'll find the info you're looking for (I think they're posted on the team-integra forums).

I have the JDM SRS steering wheel. While it is smaller than the USDM wheel, the size difference is not very noticeable. I don't think the difference is enough for you to be satisfied with the purchase... even the beat up JDM SRS steering wheels are expensive (~300). A mint one will run you $600+, and you'll be looking for a bit.
I’ve actually got a “jdm” srs wheel cause my car is the Australian delivered model, was thinking swaps with a bit of cash since mines sort of worn down but not quite tearing yet