Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS (SergEK)

Priorities are ....if you cant afford the things you want.......work harder to get them.

If you have to go to school to make more money to get the things you want than WORK HARDER.

But I guess you could just chug beers buy the knockoffs and wonder why other people work so hard for such little things

Details matter
OK, so I've gone to University for 6 yrs after High School, have two degrees, work 60 hrs a week as an engineering consultant, own my house, taxed up the ying yang, yada yada ...

AND I STILL CAN'T AFFORD THE REAL DEAL, WTF !!!!, I DON"T THINK YOU KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT PRIORITIES.
Old 07-26-2002, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS (HalifaxITR)

Dont blame me if you go to school for more than four years and cant break the 200,000 a year mark.

If you honestly make a decent living your saying 2K is hard to save?

Whatever......to people who love their cars......only the best will do...unless of course youd rather spend 15K on a Rolex watch........its all relative......one day youll understand Quality stands the test of time.........**** knockoff products get dumped by the wayside..............Are old school Mugen wheels from 91 still in demand........bet your *** they are.......is it because the are the lightest wheel....no.....there is more to building up your car than slapping on parts.

PERSONALIZING it make it yours. How many people have knockoffs? How many have the better performing, lighter, stronger , real deal?

Thats what seperates those who do it for the love and for those who do it to get noticed/attention/ pose.

I love my car. I plan on keeping it. I think the overall build up says something about the person building the car.

Knockoffs..........tell me that either A) doesnt really care if he/she buys the best as long as it LOOKS good B) follows the trends C) isnt dedicated to the car as much as I am to mine D) wants to pose and front like they have something they DONT

Either way...........I think they should ask themselves WHY they began modding their cars. I dont imagine its "to be like everyone else" although 95% of them are ricer see ricer do creative types.

As long as the bills are paid.........saving for something you want thats a QUALITY product isnt putting your priorities out of wack.

Saving for something you want is never WACK. Ringing up high interest credit card debt to pay for all the stuff you "want" is. I pay cash......I save my money.....I get what I WANT.....even if that means waiting 3.5 years......which I did for my swap.

I dont make a TON of money in the military but I sure do budget and PRIORITIZE my spending. I am 22 , married, two cars, a 6yr old and one on the way. If I can manage to save after supporting my family......I am sure a single 22 yr old making more than 1800 a month can too Providing they cut out the beer, the strippers, the PS2 games, the paintball gear, the RC race cars etc....

Sounds like alot of sacrifice but hardwork requires a little. In the end having UNIQUE, QUALITY parts will reward you everytime you fire up the ride and people ask "Are those Volks?" - - -"Yup" "Is that a JUN wing?"-- "Yup" "How fast are you?" ---"low 13's all motor"

Props. Not "Are those Rota's"----" I think so" "Are those CTR headlights?" ---"Naw they are APC black headlight housing lights" ----- "is that a ITR **** ****" ---- "Naw.......its a taiwanese special" "How fast are you?" ---- "I dunno, I never been to the track before?"

I know not all rota wheel buyers are ricers as I know a few guys who run low 13's high 12's all motor have a set .........but at the same time they usaually own a set of Volks or Mugen wheels too. They mainly use the rota's for street driving and switch to their Volks for racing........and they know the real deal is worth every penny.

Rota's are nice..........but they will NEVER be the REAL DEAL

As long as we can agree on that all is good.
Old 07-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rota is a quality company that has been around for a long LONG time. Rota = Quality. Rota's are the REAL DEAL Rota's. I like Rota cuz they make strong, affordable, lightweight wheels. Sport Compact Car Mag even recommends them for their strength! So you dont like the fact that they make a knockoff design, oh well. Mugen wheels from 91 are still in demand cuz they are MUGEN, not cuz they are lightweight and strong.
Oh and military boy... dont give us BS about not making much. I know quite a few that are in the military... 1 has a pimped out R34 Skyline GTR V-Spec. Custom GReddy Interior, Custom Stereo, DVD Players, NISMO Body Kit, The WORKS! In addition, he has a family and many kids! Think about how much it costs to bring over a Skyline to the US. It aint cheap. Its nice that we all work hard for our money and pay for these guys to be able to afford such lavish things like "REAL DEAL VOLKS" or "REAL DEAL JUN WING" or "LOW 13's QUARTER MILE".
You got it good living off our tax dollars, dont push it!
Old 07-26-2002, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS (csufweed)

Yeah the REAL DEAL filipino style fOO LMFAO = thats the stupidest thing I have heard yet, congrats

I hit the track like I hit the street.......black Volks.....BFG KD's....do I care if people can tell the difference? No. The people who can are the people who know

Lavish lifestyle huh? Your so ignorant I am not even going to start to describe that one.

I make 21 K BEFORE taxes in my lavish lifestyle. In the civilian world my STARTING PAY would be 50K after finishing the training period that would jump to no less than 90K with a ceiling of more than 500K.

So yeah I am in the military for the MONEY What a joke.

I sacrifice my time with my family, I risk my life, I get paid squat for what my job is and I have to follow more rules and regulations than you probably ever will and I AM THE ONE LIVING LAVISHLY

And as far as not pushing it........what are YOU gonna do? Bitch about how much people get paid to protect your ***? Real smart one you are.

I hit the track and the street with my "expensive" wheels. I also took out the A/C, the PS and the back seats........if I was gonna try to use the bling bling appeal........I wouldnt be driving a civic hatch.
Old 07-26-2002, 03:52 PM

Rota's are nice..........but they will NEVER be the REAL DEAL

As long as we can agree on that all is good.
all is good to begin with.
stop preaching before people actually listen to you.
speaking of prioritizing..
:eganja:
Old 08-26-2002, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS (p()()p)

.....what's the difference in cost for the work rims FORGED?

And Dee, you need to post a pic of your BALLER rims!!!!!
Old 08-26-2002, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS (Black R)

I can't beleive this thread got resurected...
Old 08-26-2002, 09:27 AM

Yeah the REAL DEAL filipino style fOO LMFAO = thats the stupidest thing I have heard yet, congrats

I hit the track like I hit the street.......black Volks.....BFG KD's....do I care if people can tell the difference? No. The people who can are the people who know

Lavish lifestyle huh? Your so ignorant I am not even going to start to describe that one.

I make 21 K BEFORE taxes in my lavish lifestyle. In the civilian world my STARTING PAY would be 50K after finishing the training period that would jump to no less than 90K with a ceiling of more than 500K.

So yeah I am in the military for the MONEY What a joke.

I sacrifice my time with my family, I risk my life, I get paid squat for what my job is and I have to follow more rules and regulations than you probably ever will and I AM THE ONE LIVING LAVISHLY

And as far as not pushing it........what are YOU gonna do? Bitch about how much people get paid to protect your ***? Real smart one you are.

I hit the track and the street with my "expensive" wheels. I also took out the A/C, the PS and the back seats........if I was gonna try to use the bling bling appeal........I wouldnt be driving a civic hatch.
ignorance!!!

well you know what, if you were to see me on the streets and see my rota wheels you'd think i am "faking it". so when i pass your silly low 13 second *** you will be suprised.

look bro i totally agree in you get what you pay for. if i tracked my car and only tracked my car then i would spend the extra loot to get some nice forged rims since i will have less of a chance of bendng them on the messed up pavement like in the streets.
the thing is that i do drive my car everyday to and from work and everywhere in between. just cause i decided to be a little smart and buy some cheap *** rims that are still light doesnt mean i am following a trend or am faking it.
i have over 1o grand of engine work done to my car, i have payed a guy to custom make me a real carbon fiber hood that weighs 4 lbs so it would be the lightest. i couldve bought 4 of these everyday carbon fiber hoods.
the thing is i cant see myslef spend all this money on some rims that are going to get torn up in the shitty street conditions. if the car was just a track car then yes i would go for the lighter better real deal rims.
if i buy some sppon or mugen and bent one on a pothole i would cry!
therefore i buy some cheap *** rotas and if i bend one it is no sweat of my back..
i strongly agree with lighter is better, but it isnt always better if you use your car for more than track racing.
i prefer people to look at my car and think what a poser. therefore they wont know what it is really made of and then i might have less of a chance of them trying to steal it.

Old 08-26-2002, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dont blame me if you go to school for more than four years and cant break the 200,000 a year mark.
ROFL....you honestly think that going to school for four years means **** when your trying to make $200,000? not even 5% of this country makes $200k a year. I live in the richest county in the country and most people out here arent even making $200k a year...I know if I was I sure as hell wouldnt be driving an integra. But I know if I was i'd probably be buying rotas anyways because I dont find the dollar to weight ratio very favorable to the "REAL DEAL" wheels as opposed to the knockoff ones that only weigh 2-3lbs more but look the same. I wouldnt do it to pose on something i didnt, i wouldnt ever try to play knockoff wheels as the real deal. and who are you to say that someone who buys knock off wheels isnt as dedicated to their car as you? maybe they are more dedicated which is why them saving the extra $1500 for the "real deal" wheels isnt worth it to them because they'd rather buy some more products, or get some track time in with that money or they want to get some real good tires (which is what matters anyways) AND some lightweight wheels for the track so they get both.

you brand snobs get all pissy about these knockoff wheels because your pissed that you spent so much money on something that REALLY isnt much better at all over something that is 1/4 the price. stop being so snitty at people who want the look and the lighter weight for the cheaper dollar, there really is no reason to care unless your bitter about spending so much. someone who really is dedicated enough to their car and racing to spend so much on wheels if they are dedicated enough they wont be worried about who has what brand name...they'll be worrying about who they are faster than on the track and I bet the guy who has an extra $1500 in his racing budge this car will be a bit faster around the track than the guys car that doesnt.
Old 08-26-2002, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS (eviltwin)

I have had 2 sets of Volks and I had a set of Rota's. Bent my Volk SE-37K's being a dumb ***. Straighten'd them out and then sold the car. Put some Gun metal Rota's on my Hatch and sold them a month after I did because the paint started to chip. I have bronze Volk Gram Lights now and I'm glad i do.

You do get what you pay for. I plan to pick up a set of gunmetal Rota Gram Light knock offs to have fun with in 15 inch.

Being from both sides of the track I agree that spending more money results in a better product...this is from experience. But having some rims I could care less about is also convienent.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS

I wonder if, after all these years and after all the horror stories of broken wheels, all the people in this thread have the same opinion now as they did over a decade ago.

Name:  ZQIVw.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  64.2 KB
Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: CLosest looking MUGEN MF10 REPLICAS

N-N-N-N-Necro Bump!

About what? Have people changed their minds about Rota's being just fine?

Probably not. Probably thousands of sets of 'knock-off' wheels get used in motorsports every year. Very likely far in excess of 'real dealz' wheels.

Some failures are inevitable. You just see it more often with the 'knock-off' wheels because they actually get used in motorsports, unlike the 'real' wheels.