Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Chicago-North Shore area, need body shop reccomendations, need some major repair any help is apprici

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .,

Last edited by KOALA YUMMIES; 12-14-2021 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chicago-North Shore area, need body shop reccomendations, need some major repair any help is app

all i can say is good luck. body shops in chicago suck!
i just got my brand new 05 sti rear ended. and i am just going to settle for a shop that does a lot of insurance work. its just decent work
Old 04-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Chicago-North Shore area, need body shop reccomendations, need some major repair any help is app

pm'ed joo bout mah experiencez
Old 04-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sucks about your car, good luck.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's not the North Shore, but they do excellent work and worth the hassle of getting the car out to Barrington. The shop is Body Shop of Barrington. They work on really high end cars (Ferraris, Lotus, Lambo, etc.).

They have a healthy list of clients in Benzes and Beamers. I got my S2000's cf Mugen hood repainted there along with other custom work. If you want to see the quality of how my car turned out, IM me and I'll be up for showing you.

They are a bit on the expensive side, but if you want quality work, it's the place to go. Talk to Paul, he's the owner.

BTW, I suggest staying away from the "import tuner" body shops (you know, those out in Skokie, Schaumburg, Streamwood, and Chicago). If you want names IM me...if you want actual proof of the work that was done, I can show you as well (on my BMW and my S2K).
Old 04-09-2005, 02:48 AM

Like Luder mentioned, Body Shop of Barrington is a good shop. Paul is a great guy. I've had them do both dent and paint work in the past. Nothing but positives from me.
Also, just around the corner from Body Shop is Barrington Coach Haus. It's another great shop. I've had two cars there in the past for paint work and they currently have our S2000. Chuck is the owner and a great guy. Explain to him what your expecting and his response will be that they will keep redoing it until you are satisfied.

Good luck!
Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

my shop (paul) lol jk... i called them before.. they said it would cost 3k-3.5k for the conversion...
Old 04-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Most body shops do pretty crappy work anyway, thats why I'm asking if anyone has any experience with any, I know a lot of guys have JDM fronts on so maybe they could chime in with some shops that they've had a good experience with. </TD></TR></TABLE>

all of the jdm fronts in this area that i have seen, have flaws!!
Old 04-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KOALA YUMMIES &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah well my caR already has a pretty big flaw!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha. well there are some good jdm fronts, around. i just think i am way to picky with paint. i need to chill
Old 04-09-2005, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Paul is Def the guy to take advise from in this case