Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 02:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions

Hey everyone,

i dont post much so i'm not sure if any of you rem me. I posted pics of my car awhile back. Im teh dude in BC that rolls with AJ, yellow ITR, green rims=P

Anywho....i needed some suggestions.

My car is stock PY, but the paint is fading, clearcoat is just dead, rock chips etc.

I was thinking about repainting the car S2K Rio Yellow, with more metallic and a more solid yellow.

What do you guys think?

Car wont hav green rims as i psted before they got stolen. Gold ce28ns will be what im rolling on. old vinyl is off too, new deisgn for 07 is coming soon and main colors will just be either black and chrome or gold and charcoal.

Thx guys...appreciate it.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions (ahfung)

I would suggest sticking to the original PY, just to keep the value of the caR up. Color changes kill the resale value of a car.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Since the green wheels are gone I vote for Takata Green caR
Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just so u know, ur paint doesnt have clear coat.

I would stick with py to keep the value
Old 03-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (floatfisher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by floatfisher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just so u know, ur paint doesnt have clear coat.

I would stick with py to keep the value</TD></TR></TABLE>

really eh? i heard this before but. .......

maybe you should clay bar your car or wet sand it

omg i clay bar'd my car and it's so smooth
Old 03-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: (floatfisher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by floatfisher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just so u know, ur paint doesnt have clear coat. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, completely wrong, way to spread misinformation.
Every car in production today has a layer or a few of clear coat, some older cars didnt as well as some cars only use clear on outer panels and not on the underside of a hood etc. The only cars that might not have clear on them nowadays are some cheap *** small brands in europe or asia. Every large manufacturer uses clear coat to protect the base coat.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: (Mike M)

i think what he meant to say was that py cars, are single stage paint, so it doesnt really have a layer of clear, its all mixed together
Old 03-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

wow quick replies....keep them coming

yea i've been debating and the only thing holding me back is that it would change the resell value...buti keep thinking, if im going to throw money to repaint it.....itd be kinda dumb to paint it the same color...

if u were me what would u do?

PY is a single stage paint but there IS clear coat. Maybe its painted diff from factory bt from experience from bodyshops there is....

But thx for the input guys!

Keep em coming!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: (01-0720)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 01-0720 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think what he meant to say was that py cars, are single stage paint, so it doesnt really have a layer of clear, its all mixed together</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Color PY itself is a basecoat, clear is Not mixed into it. The Finish on all Integras is a two Stage 1-basecoat 2-clear coat.

If you want I can take some pics of my PPG mixing room and post up the mix specs on PY paint, I do know what I am talking about here.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: (ahfung)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ahfung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><U>You walk in the room and your friend john is posing in front of a mirror in a neon pink mini skirt.</U>
You call him a *** - well I'm not sure on this one since technically he is just a crossdresser, unless he was going down on some dude at the same time.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who cares what we all think, do what you want and what you like. It only affects the resale value if the purchaser wants PY and an unpainted car. Just repainting a car lowers its value and yes you can usually tell when a panel is repainted even on a good paint job.
BTW If its just your hood and bumper that is peeling and has chips you could always ask your bodyshop to simply refinish the bumper and end of the hood and blend it into the rest of the hood as well as the fenders, you can't see any lines and its impossible to tell if the paint is even a shade off if done correctly (Body shops blend paint jobs all the time for insurance jobs)
Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea but the paint nt he whole car is fading alot.......

i just needed some opinion. i like both py and s2k yellow so i just wanted to see what u guys think or if u were me whatd u do.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

start a poll. everyone loves polls ....errrrr, you know what I mean . start with my vote of PY
Old 03-31-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: (attentionwhore)

I went through this about a few months back. I stuck to the PY it is a beautiful color when you see it brand new. The s2k color is HOT also but i vote on the PY with several High clear coats.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ahfung &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea but the paint nt he whole car is fading alot.......

i just needed some opinion. i like both py and s2k yellow so i just wanted to see what u guys think or if u were me whatd u do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously who gives an effin eff... if your paint is fading, try a clay bar and a good wax first.

it's your car - do whatever makes you happy. Do you really need us to hold your hand on something as trivial as cosmetics?

Are you insecure in your own decision making process that you might be afraid that somebody might say something like "shoulda kept it PY" after you post the new pretty pix of your car in S2k yellow?

Really now, do it two tone yellow... you like both colors right? Paint all removable panels S2k yellow and the rest of the car PY.... but whatever, my car's all different shades of white and somehow ended up kind of black too...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hey guys..seriously..if u rent giving me any suggestions....dont post bs in my thread...have some respect....each to their own
clearly im not here to ***** my car ..i cant make up my mind so id like some suggestions....
if u have no good opinions or input....negative comments are seriously unnecessary....plz grow up guys.....''

to those who have given me suggestions..thankyou so much....some of u have made very good points....

esp PY with more clear coating....should give the yellow a more solid feel and less fading issues..

but im still deciding.....
Old 04-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do what u gotta do bro.

what car's value? whocares as long as u have her right?

and look at all the stuff u got on the R. they're not gonna help bring the value of the car at all

but. maybe you can just get it wet sanded and have a new clear coat on..or just repaint it with PY
Old 04-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats a good idea..maybe just wetsand and reclear coat......hmmmm..
Old 04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From the looks of things your car is heavily modified (front-end etc..). I don't really thin resale value should be much of a concern. Personally I think a nice fresh layer of PY and a thick clear would look great.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do the Lambo metallic yellow with pearl.

That paint is niceeeeeee.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions (Big Phat R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Big Phat R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do the Lambo metallic yellow with pearl.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hells yeah. There is an EK rollin' around with that paint on it. Looks tiiiiiight!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions (white rocket)

You can get creative with it and do s2k, but personally on a Type-R I would redo the original paint. IMO.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions (Big Phat R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Big Phat R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do the Lambo metallic yellow with pearl.

That paint is niceeeeeee.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This sounds sexy, do it Sam! DO IT!!!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:00 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions (Spoon Spec R)

PY ITR's do not have clearcoat. If you polish a PY 'R', the dead paint comes right off on whatever applicator/cloth you're using. Definitely unusual in this day and age, who knows why Honda went that route with the finish.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:06 PM

PY all the way, IMO Spa Yellow looks cheap compared to PY.

PY is just a better yellow to me, nice shade.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

whiterocket: theres an ek with lambo yellow?! is it the hatch with no kit and ****...looks kinda...beaterish? i thought his was spa yellow

i was thinking of doing s2k rio yellow..spa is kinda cheap....i think so too

hmm this lambo yellow...very good idea...lol

justin (mooman) haha why dont u hint me what shiney color u r doing haha....we do da same time... lol

lambo yellow....white rocket...u got pics?

Quick Reply: AJR LKF - PY ITR, Paintjob need suggestions