Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

2002 Expo... Should we have a car show?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2001, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show?

Hello everyone,

As things sit at the moment, there will be 64 slots open for those who would like to get some track time at the Expo. There has been a lot of interest in getting vendors there such as JUN, Toda, King, etc. I doubt with just the track goers attending, that that would be enough to stimulate the Vendors to come.

So, I am trying to figure out realistic ways to get more people there to spectate and attend the event. I was considering doing a car show also for those that would like to be involved, but would not like to race. So, would any of you be interested in seeing this happen? If so, what would the limits be:

-Type R's only
-Type R's, S2000's, and NSX's only
-Any /
-Any Import

Please let me know what you all think. The weather is also something that we need to consider - there is always that chance of rain.

Let's hear your thoughts...
Old 10-16-2001, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (White Dragon)

No offense to other Honda owners, but don't make it an all Honda/Acura event. That's when things go messy. There is no unifying force once you start mix-n-match. It should be an ITR Expo w/ maybe some track-minded S2000, NSX, Si, GSR, but not open it to everyone.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (Cosworth)

I understand what you are saying Cosworth, and the track would only be open to ITR's, and the few that you mentioned if we don't have enough ITR's to attend.

On the other hand, I thought that if we had a car show, it could be open to a few other cars than just the ITR. I don't think we would have enough ITR's to constitute a car show, so that is why I mentioned opening it to others. If no-one thinks this is a good idea, I will throw it out. In the same breath though, our chance of getting vendors to attend would drop also. There are advantages to all sides... we just have to weigh them.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, there's always a "car show" in the paddock.

I also think it should be an ITR event, and by the same token it shouldn't be a problem if some of them want to "show".

So what's up, Ken said he's not in-charge?
Old 10-16-2001, 09:22 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (zygspeed)

Wes, A show seems like a good idea, I would think lets keep it all ITR maybe a few NSX, S2000, and Some of the board members Integras and Hatchcraps
Old 10-16-2001, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First of all, there's always a "car show" in the paddock.

I also think it should be an ITR event, and by the same token it shouldn't be a problem if some of them want to "show".

I agree with you, but I thought we could have plaques or something as a reward for the winners... and also have different categories.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:38 AM
I shoot brides

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

so S2K's are welcome?

Old 10-16-2001, 09:38 AM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even though im not an itr, i would think a show is not too great of an idea

the itr, is not about show, its about a fast track car.
I thought the idea of the expo, was for itr people to gather and have fun racing and talking amongst each other.

who cares, about some 18" wheels and a carbon fiber hood.

if there is a show, it should be based on the cars performance.
ie: some one who has done something different with their engine or with their suspension.

wasnt someone on here trying to make a bump steer kit? That is a good idea, not on how much paint and side skirt **** you throw on your car

howa bout this guys car. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=78787

do you really think that this guy should get an award for what he did to his itr?

[Modified by bob46802, 10:43 AM 10/16/2001]
Old 10-16-2001, 09:47 AM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (bob46802)

If there is a car show I will definitely have a digi-cam! But not my car!

Lloyd~who plans on flying to the 2nd annual ITR Expo!
Old 10-16-2001, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree with you, but I thought we could have plaques or something as a reward for the winners... and also have different categories.
I think we should be able to fill the bill (except for some who may still be in school ) with Integra Type R (s).
How about doing something like that first for track performance/participation/categories.

After all, this will be the second year, and there should be more participation due to the "central" location.
Old 10-16-2001, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

car shows are ghey...

ceas - a civic owner!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:04 AM

i think what wes is saying is 64 cars is not going to get the big corporate companies interest..a car show seems like a good enough idea...
Old 10-16-2001, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (EPGONZALEZ)

64 cars? What if more people want to attend (drive) the event?

The show sounds like a good idea... just not a rice-fest. Tactful upgrades only!

Combat front-end kits and strobes would highly upset me.

Willis
-who will be there for the track...

Old 10-16-2001, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (Willard)

I say to a car show. They will be plenty of cars that just show up that can be looked at. Second and more importantly for me is my cars security. I don't need people checking out my stuff during the day and trying to steal it that night. "South Haven 2002 thieves paradise" The more riff-raff (see: car show) you invite the more potential for problems. JMO Forunatly my ITR will spend the night locked in a garage near by.

Mattj
Old 10-16-2001, 11:47 AM
New User

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (Willard)

I've passed the baton to Wes, who will head up the event for us. I'll be able to provide advice as needed. We still have the dates at the track and such.

My vote is that it's okay to have a car show if people want it, but to limit it and all other activities at the Expo to ITR's. This is OUR big event, for the ITR owners. In fact, it's the only event all year long that is limited to ONLY the ITR. Let's not dilute it with other cars. Let's keep it for the ITR's. If and when the RSX-R makes it to these shores, we might consider letting them in too - hope we will need to decide that soon.

64 cars? What if more people want to attend (drive) the event?
64 student participants, plus however many ITR-driving instructors are in the event. Based on the attendance at the first ITR Expo (and how many people said they would show up and didn't), this would be a phenomenal turnout, double that of this year's event. I don't think we'll have to worry about turning people away. Of course, I also hope I'm wrong about this.
Old 10-16-2001, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (nsxtcjr)

WES!!! props to U for taking this ball and rolling with it!!!!!

Car Show
Old 10-16-2001, 12:04 PM
D

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (B18CXr)

Car Show
yeah, seriously... what's next... vagasil as a sponsor?

D
Old 10-16-2001, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (D)

Car Show

D
No, that's probably water soluable, and we all know that you shouldn't mix oil and water!
Old 10-16-2001, 12:07 PM
New User

Just a quick note - and please understand that I'm not PUSHING for a car show, I think we should do what folks seem to want to do.

Let's all keep in mind that some folks might want to come and do things that other folks don't. For example, I want to do the track event, and I don't want to have my car in a car show. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean there shouldn't be a car show!!! There may be other folks who feel differently, who want to come for a car show but don't want to drive their cars on the track. If there are ITR owners who feel that way, this is your chance to speak up and tell us what you want! If no one speaks up, then there is insufficient interest.

IOW - don't say car show just because YOU don't want to participate in it, if other folks DO. (No diss towards anyone in particular.) This is our chance to all hang together. If some folks want to do a car show, and others want to drive on the track, and still others want to just hang out (with their ITR's, of course), there will be plenty of chance for everyone to do what he/she likes.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:11 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (nsxtcjr)

How about actually promoting the 2002 gathering somewhere other than h-a.net? That's the only place that I saw it, and if I hadn't been a member of this board, I never would have known...

And car shows suck Import car show = ricefest 2002
Old 10-16-2001, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (Todd00)

Yep!

If a car show for non R cars is on hand, I'm sure quite a few people will not show just on that alone.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:20 PM
Trial User

I agree with the advertising on other sites as well. There are plenty of other owners on other sites that may be interested in going.

I think a show would be OK if it was for Type R's only. Otherwise, definietly not. The whole premise is for an ITR gathering.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (D)

Car Show

D
Hahaha Damn, you guys are harsh!

Like Ken said, it is all about what people want. If enough people do want a car show, we'll have it, if not, then we won't. It is all up to you guys and gals.
Old 10-16-2001, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think a car show is a good idea, only because I dont know if I can afford to go. Being a student sucks! A car show is generaly alot cheaper then a track day. This way I would be able to attend and I know alot of other students might be in the same boat. You could have the show mainly composed of itr's and maybe some s2000's and nsx's. The only cars on the track would be itr's cause its an itr event.
Old 10-16-2001, 01:07 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show? (canuckr)

My 2 cents

If the car show brings in Sponsors etc. then its a good thing. If it brings rice, I'll take No MSG
As far as S2000 NSX regular tegs and civics coming to either the show or track I think the only ones alowed (as long as we can fill the event with ITR's and dont need extra participants) would be people on this board like Dave (Dave ROR), Jack (B18CxR), Demian (Killingtime), Etc. Not just anyone.

On the topic of Advertising this on other boards.
I and a few others posted q few times about the first Expo, on both SHO and HA.net and we got maybe one response. The responses were from people that were also on HT.com. So I'm not sure how much it would help, but hey it cant hurt to try. I will make it a permannent post on the top of the ITR forum on SHO, If we can get someone to do that on HA.net and any other boards that would be great.

Also What about taking out an add in the back of a magazine Super Street etc.? or having the expo mentioned in someones add (I would be willing to do this)

Quick Reply: 2002 Expo... Should we have a car show?