Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 itr on craigslist

low miles and JRSC. May be worth checking out

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/1511389185.html
Old 12-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 2000 itr on craigslist

It would be interesting to know the exact history of this car. 70K is pretty decently low mileage. I wish there were some more detailed higher quality pics. You always have to wonder how your personal definition of "perfect" varies from another.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Painfully Stupid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A supercharged ITR.

Someone save it.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are superchargers on ITR's a bad thing?
Old 12-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DCRB
are superchargers on ITR's a bad thing?
superchargers on hondas in general are a bad thing, unless your into spending a few thousand bucks to make 20 horsepower more than stock.

Someone save the caR, more importantly save it from being in filthadelphia.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ummmm, my ITR is supercharged and it makes allot more then 20 more hp. I doubt it needs to be "saved". Aside from the fact that he's running a 10 lb pulley (a bit much), he's got it set up right. It's tuned on hondata and not halfassed.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Someone needs to pick this one up!
Old 12-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is a friggen steal, bring it back to stock and have some good parts to sell off.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:15 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd bet this car is clapped-out. Just something about what I can see and the poster being a douche and including every automotive rice keyword that he can think of.

Even for $12K, not sure it would be worth it unless the body is pristine. My guess is that someone will need to rebuild that motor since the person is running a 10psi pulley.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate this return to stock phase thats going on right now.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

10psi on a proper tune is perfectly safe for the B18c... I'm sure it's fine if it was taken care of... Sounds like a great deal if the Carfax checks out. Oh and btw, supercharger itr's are a BLAST to drive...
Old 12-21-2009, 07:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 10sec4door
Says the guy with a 1/4 mile time reference in his username, lawl.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its FRESH!
Old 12-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol. lawl?
Old 12-21-2009, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by S2kRyan
10psi on a proper tune is perfectly safe for the B18c... I'm sure it's fine if it was taken care of... Sounds like a great deal if the Carfax checks out. Oh and btw, supercharger itr's are a BLAST to drive...
Bone stock ITRs are a blast to drive too.

A supercharger on an ITR is a lot of money for the return that you get. Better off doing that to a GSR, where the power increase is much better for the buck.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 10sec4door
I agree. I think it's cool to return to stock if that's what you want to do. It definitely makes the car more desireable to a perspective new buyer. But stock Type R's aren't fast. They perform great on the track/autocross but don't give you that take your breath throw you back in the seat feeling. I think the smart move is to mod your car keeping in mind that you may want to return it to stock at some point. Keep your original parts and don't do anything that can't be undone relatively easily. My SC gives me 50 extra whp safely, requires little maintainence and can be removed easily. Cosmetically, I think it's stupid to hack up a clean title R for the sake of looks. I'm not down with the JDM convos, shaved door handles or bays. If everyone who has an R returned it to stock, our hobby would be quite boring.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i've seen that car in person. the exterior needs some love. i'm not sure how it runs. owner says it was never hit but the hatch doesn't line up right. i wrote the badge number down, it's 1491. i believe he said it made 240hp.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00
Bone stock ITRs are a blast to drive too.

A supercharger on an ITR is a lot of money for the return that you get. Better off doing that to a GSR, where the power increase is much better for the buck.
Yes, stock ITRs are great if you dislike torque... Sounds to me like you don't any exp with a charger... I have owned one and let me tell you, it wakes the ITR up so much and gives you a power curve very similar to a $5k N/A build all for maybe $2k. So I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that a charger on an ITR is a waste of money as opposed to being on a GSR??? It would actually make more power on the ITR for the same amount of money as a GSR.

The only downside to the charger is the under hood temps and throwing belts. Other than that it makes everything about the driving experience in an ITR better.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes, stock ITRs are great if you dislike torque... Sounds to me like you don't any exp with a charger... I have owned one and let me tell you, it wakes the ITR up so much and gives you a power curve very similar to a $5k N/A build all for maybe $2k. So I fail to see how you came to the conclusion that a charger on an ITR is a waste of money as opposed to being on a GSR??? It would actually make more power on the ITR for the same amount of money as a GSR.

The only downside to the charger is the under hood temps and throwing belts. Other than that it makes everything about the driving experience in an ITR better.

Plus, it's much easier to remove the blower then rebuild a built motor back to stock.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had a supercharged em1, and the car was a blast to drive. It made 212whp and 141tq.

I think this car is a pretty good deal.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 AM

Nope, I have plenty of experience with them. Had a friend with a JRSC GSR and another with a JRSC ITR. Heck, even Jackson will (would) tell you that their stock GSR kit is more bang for the $$. IIRC, the GSR kit came with a higher boost pulley than the ITR kit. High N/A compression is not the friend of any type of boosted car.

And since when could you buy a JRSC, Hondata and get a full dyno tune for only $2000? I think your figures need to be almost doubled.

Also, don't forget about the ~35 lbs the supercharger adds to the nose of the car.

If you ever run a high-boosted ITR on a road-course, you also might run into problems with the heat (and thrown belts, as you stated). The B18C5 is a gem in a N/A configuration. I just don't see why so many folks try to turn it into a drag motor--something it was never built for.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Todd00
Nope, I have plenty of experience with them. Had a friend with a JRSC GSR and another with a JRSC ITR. Heck, even Jackson will (would) tell you that their stock GSR kit is more bang for the $$. IIRC, the GSR kit came with a higher boost pulley than the ITR kit. High N/A compression is not the friend of any type of boosted car.

And since when could you buy a JRSC, Hondata and get a full dyno tune for only $2000? I think your figures need to be almost doubled.

Also, don't forget about the ~35 lbs the supercharger adds to the nose of the car.

If you ever run a high-boosted ITR on a road-course, you also might run into problems with the heat (and thrown belts, as you stated). The B18C5 is a gem in a N/A configuration. I just don't see why so many folks try to turn it into a drag motor--something it was never built for.
10 psi on a B18c5 > 10 psi on a B18c1

Common sense can't be argued here.

My charger kit was sold for ~1200. + 300 for a used Hondata S300 + $300-500 for a tune and you are looking at $1800-$2000 for 240-250 whp. The used parts market is a beautiful thing.

Take an N/A B18c5 vs a SC'ed B18c5 on a road course and see what happens. Good luck pulling out of the corners with a N/A setup behind a SC'ed set up with equal driver skill.

No one I know has ever SC'ed a honda for a drag racing car. That's what turbos are for.

And actually a high compression supercharged setup is EXTREMLY potent. Hence why the SC'ed B18c5 is such a performer.

But I agree like I stated before the under hood temps were a pain to put up with. The belt situation just comes with the territory.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Tuner Eddy
I had a supercharged em1, and the car was a blast to drive. It made 212whp and 141tq.

I think this car is a pretty good deal.
I feel no need to respond to any other post than this one in regards to the statement myself and others made about superchargers.

So what did it feel like to have a B-SERIES and make the same whp and 40 foot pounds of torque LESS than a turbo d16z6 on 10 psi with a junkyard DSM turbo?

Hondas have a severe torque issue, why in the HELL would you put a parasitic power adder like an S/C on it?

You wanna talk about a raw feeling? how about the raw feeling your *** might have after spending all that money and watching a cobalt blow you away.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by forcefedferio
I feel no need to respond to any other post than this one in regards to the statement myself and others made about superchargers.

So what did it feel like to have a B-SERIES and make the same whp and 40 foot pounds of torque LESS than a turbo d16z6 on 10 psi with a junkyard DSM turbo?

Hondas have a severe torque issue, why in the HELL would you put a parasitic power adder like an S/C on it?

You wanna talk about a raw feeling? how about the raw feeling your *** might have after spending all that money and watching a cobalt blow you away.

Reliabilty and ease of maintenance for those who aren't so mechanically inlclined? Most people would agree that aftermarket turbo setups aren't exactly ideal for daily driven vehicles. If raw HP was what someone was looking for, a Type R or any other Honda for that matter probably wouldn't be their first choice anyway.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by forcefedferio

You prob won't understand this, but I would rather have a SC'ed car on a road course than a turbo'ed car any day.

Honestly if I were to ever go turbo again, I would put a small turbo on in order to get as close to a SC effect as possible. I prefer a linear powerband over a peaky high hp one.

Drag racing is another story.

Quick Reply: 2000 itr on craigslist