Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

**HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: **HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)

Originally Posted by YellowKahuna
Cory didn't take his money. Now, I wonder if Karma works on those falsely accusing Cory as a scammer as well.

It's funny to even see people in here who don't even know him posting " oh you better do something about it Cory", get a life.

Cory is doing what his Lawyer told him to do, and he is going to follow that.
Do you know him personally? Do you have him on your facebook? Check your friend list again.

I personally vouched highly for Cory when the buyer asked for it via PM. Now I feel like a douche.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I know him pretty well. I don't have facebook for certain reasons, I don't like sharing my life to the public, I don't know why people do. ( I don't care if it has privacy mode )

I know that Cory didn't get the money for the wheels.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Yeah, I know him pretty well. I don't have facebook for certain reasons, I don't like sharing my life to the public, I don't know why people do. ( I don't care if it has privacy mode )

I know that Cory didn't get the money for the wheels.
I was not going to judge you for not having FB so there's no need to explain to me why.

I've been talking to him since Expo 6 and also talked to him on FB. When I saw the updates in this thread, I kindly asked Cory on FB to clear it up and sooner than I know, I'm blocked from his contact.

Again I vouched highly for Cory before this deal took place, but things are NOT adding up no matter how much I wanted to trust his side of the story.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cory aka JunR's way of dealing w/ this issue has been nothing short of shady. Why not just go to the bank and prove he did not steal the money. Would have taken him half a day to clear his name.

I would never buy anything from him and cannot believe he hasn't been banned yet. Some of you still vouching for this guy are pretty blinded. As an outside unbiased source it's pretty clear that he is not being 100% truthful.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

First off, I'd like to say that this will be my last reply to this thread, I for the most part, I said what I needed to say already, earlier in this thread.

Now, I want to get this whole packaging thing cleared up, because it's stupid, and of course twisted around for it not to make sense coming from me. At first I made a mistake by telling this guy the wheels and tires were packaged "in" the 17" Mugen MF10 boxes, that was my mistake, the "in" should have been "with" from the get go. I later explained to him that I had purchased 4 new boxes from Uhaul, didn't tell him they were from Uhaul but that's not the point. With 2 of the new boxes being put together, I placed the other new boxes laying flat on the bottom of the put together boxes with the fold folded so they'd fit, and for added protection for the wheel itself, along with a good bit of bubble wrap, and 2 wheels with tires sitting on top. On top of the 2 wheels, in each box were 2 layers of more bubble wrap making an X shape on top of the top wheel and tire that were in each box, on top of the 2 layers of bubble wrap were the Mugen boxes flattened out, for more protection, and so he could have them for keep sake or whatever he wanted to do with. I did let him know this, not in this kind of detail, but for him to still be throwing that stupid **** around is ridiculous. I don't know about other people, but personally I would NEVER ship MF10s in MF10s boxes that said Mugen on them, and that said MF10 on them.

Secondly, I said I'd help him with his bank from the get go, which I tried to do. I went to my bank had his legal affidavit signed and notarized, and I faxed to Ken, and mailed to him. After it was said he needed the original, which I sent him, and he says he didn't get, went down a few weeks later and got another one, drove to a post office and sent him the original, which he also said he didn't get. Keep in mind my bank is 36 miles away and getting this done and to the post office to be mailed out took a good half a day each time. Also let him know it was okay for his bank to contact me.

I'm not going to sit around and play puppet, sorry. If what he has from me isn't good enough then I don't know what to say, I tried. Just because his bank doesn't want to fix this for him doesn't mean I received his money all of the sudden.

To all of you who said they vouched for me, and now feel like a "douche" you shouldn't, I didn't scam anyone, I didn't receive a check from the OP.

. . .and to all of you bringing up my situation I had with Geoff, about the floor mats, are completely wrong about the situation, and wrong for bringing it up. Geoff shipped me the floor mats, and it was agreed by both of us that I just bring the money to him at that current years Expo, which I did. He told me that it was pretty much not good for him to take the cash at the moment because he's need to exchange it when he went back over seas to the UK. Yeah after that it took me awhile to send him the money for it, and I apologized to him for the delay, but things were mended. I always had the intention of sending it to him, it just took awhile. End of story.

For those of you who actually know me, and are having negative thoughts towards me over this situation, please don't, I swear on everything I can swear on that I never received a check or any money from the OP.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Who is asking about how you prepped/packaged/shipped the rims now? Nobody, so you can drop that. That's not the issue at hand.

I still have the "original" you sent me. It is clearly not an original Cory. No pen indentations in the paper, no real ink from the notary's stamp or no minor/slight color variations from the signatures, none at all. It is 100% a photocopy, verified by my bank. This is the same "original" I tried so desperately to push through to them. Don't lie to everyone that you sent the original.

The second "original" you sent to Ken was also a photocopy, identicle to the affidavit you sent first via fax. Ken told me this privately by email. You are lying about sending out 2 originals, when in reality you have sent 1 fax and 2 photocopies of the first SAME affidavit. You did not do all this driving you claim to have done, or have not sent the final product from it.

From what I'm reading, your telling me you sent me the first original 2 times? That doesn't make sense. Now I am reading that I was supposed to get mail twice from you? You sent all this mail out to me without informing me via email that I should be expecting it? Please buddy, stop your BS. So where is the affidavit you promised from October 5? Why run and hide for over 3 weeks until I called you out this way?

Just going over your emails again, you told me "I have multiple sets of MF10's (meaning 3 or more) and I could care less about 1 set" You also admitted here in your previous post that you've made mistakes in your past but are beyond that now, meaning that you scammed people of out their rims and remote control car gear.

Stop lying and lets continue to discuss this publicly. The truth will come out, unless of course you run away for another 4 months.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

At this point, i'd contact his local PD and file a complaint for internet fraud. That would motivate him to move his *** to get this settled.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crx(gator)
At this point, i'd contact his local PD and file a complaint for internet fraud. That would motivate him to move his *** to get this settled.

Seriously,

And this whole "I tried" attitude is lame. JunR sells a decent amount of items in the forums and considering no one will touch your FS threads until this is settled............... you may want to do a bit more than "try".

I'd be running around w/ my hair on fire to clear my name and I don't even sell much on the forums.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Look Cory, this is becoming a he said she said topic. I have support for every single thing I have claimed, whether it be by email or third party. I know for a fact that you are lying in a lot of your claims, and I am sure as hell confident that you have no proof behind the same claims because they are lies.

You made this real difficult on me over the past 4 months. You talk about harsh times and the economy, etc. well **** I'm not immune to it either. Even though my harsh words in previous posts are justified imo, I'm going to apologize for saying it. Let's straighten this out, no more bs.

The way we had the resolution set-up with Ken (Nsxtacy) was perfect and is the only way this can be resolved now. Just send an originally signed + notarized affidavit to an unbiased third party, who we both agree on, who can then forward it by mail to me. (This DID NOT happen with Ken, ask him yourself) This way I get my affidavit and you get your vouch that you did what was necessary. This is what I have been asking since late June, and what you agree'd to. I am telling you right now that this has not been fulfilled on my end to this day, so let's make this right.

Do you agree to this resolution?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cory didn't take his money. Now, I wonder if Karma works on those falsely accusing Cory as a scammer as well.

It's funny to even see people in here who don't even know him posting " oh you better do something about it Cory", get a life.

Cory is doing what his Lawyer told him to do, and he is going to follow that.
Karma has been working fine for me, thanks.

I haven't accused Cory of anything. I'm just suggesting a way for him to clear up this situation ASAP. That is something that he shoulda done months ago. If I were in a similar situation I would've sent the original affidavit via Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation and kept a receipt and copy of the document. It would cost him less than $10, which is a small price to pay to uphold an honest reputation. Then he could simply post the evidence online to clear up any doubt.

BTW, Why would he need a lawyer or need to listen to one? He hasn't been formaly accused of anything in court or reported to any authorities.....yet.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, the whole lawyer thing is kind of not necessary unless he did do something. All Cory needed to do was give an original signed statement to the buyer. Once he did that, and the check/cash was back in boy_hout's account, im sure he might have tried to send money again.

To me it seems fishy that this check would somehow disappear from a mailbox and would be cashed via a third party.

Boy_hout, your bank can't get the information from the bank that processed the check and account that has the funds in it now?
Old 10-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They have the info, but because I went the route of vouching for Cory to my bank, they stated to let the legal department (@ corporate) handle it. Once I had all requested documentation, they told me that it is favorable that my money would be returned and that the bank that cashed it would be at fault. It seems after I told Cory this, he started to be wishy-washy and dodge me. Whatever investigation they decide to perform is out of my hands. I'll ask them for a follow up and hopefully I they can give me where it was cashed, and the photo ID of the person who cashed it.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

WTF. How could so much **** not add up? It's plain as day what is going on. This dude is giving u the run around, not a doubt in my mind that he received the check. Gl bro. Hope everything works out.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seriously,

How often does a cashiers check get intercepted in the mail and then the bank is stupid enough to cash it w/o the payees documentation.

This whole story is slimey. Keep us updated on what the bank does. I can't believe it's taking this long
Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

I don't understand why is it so difficult to mail the original affidavit??
Old 10-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Wai
I don't understand why is it so difficult to mail the original affidavit??
It probably does not exist? Ha...

Like I said on ITRCA, things are not adding up. At this point, Cory should straighten things out. If not, his name will be tarnished for a long time.

BTW, Cory is selling a different set of wheels over on nwp4life, just a heads up.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i have cashed a 2000 dollar money order without photo id....
Old 10-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Originally Posted by chad
i have cashed a 2000 dollar money order without photo id....
That's actually the best scenario for both parties. Say:

- The check in the mail got intercepted.
- Thief cashed it, without identity being verified.
- Cory provided the original affidavit that he didn't cash the check.
- It's the receiving bank's fault for not verifying the identity. Transaction overturned.
- Buyer got his money back.
- Cory cleared his name.
- Everyone's happy and SWED.

But now it's stuck on the affidavit part and left the buyer stranded.

Suggestion to boy-huot
Look at the notary stamp and search out the notary public from the state's website. See if there's contact information. Contact the notary public and they're responsible to keep a book of record. See if on that specific date, he or she really stamped an affidavit for Cory Williams, then it could help determine if the photocopy you have is real or fake.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Suggestion to boy-huot
Look at the notary stamp and search out the notary public from the state's website. See if there's contact information. Contact the notary public and they're responsible to keep a book of record. See if on that specific date, he or she really stamped an affidavit for Cory Williams, then it could help determine if the photocopy you have is real or fake.
Excellent suggestion
Old 10-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I tried to look for her but couldn't find any contact info. I asked Cory for it a long time ago but never got anything from him. The info on the faxed affidavit is as follows:

Cecilia I. Strasser
Notary Public State of Nevada
No. 93-1225-1

Keep in mind that my bank already has this info as they have the copy Cory mailed to me of the affidavit. I proposed to them Wai's suggested solution and they said even if they were to confirm her existence over the phone, which I don't think they have done, they still wanted the original copy. Again, this stem's from the route I took in telling my bank I believe Cory and that he was willing to help out in any way, which he said he would but hasn't. They were FIRM about this original and it does pose a bit of headache. However, it's not that hard for Cory to do.

I thought long and hard about why he would send 3 copies but not the original. The only thing I could come up with was that he is trying to hide something like forging of documents or manipulation. Not sure but nothing else makes sense.

Anyways, the admins over at NWP4life are trying to help me out but I haven't heard anything from them. Cory is MIA from this thread which was expected and pisses me off, his attitude of "this is the last time, last post, last thing I'm going to do, etc. regarding this situation and then I'm done with it"

Lastly, my bank has told me that in Canada regarding certified cheques, you need to have photo ID present when cashing it. This is why they told me it is favorable I get my money back if Cory is telling the truth. Otherwise, anything up in the air will become the bank that cashed it's fault, which is a good thing if Wai's best case scenario has occured.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:22 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just read this updated thread. (I was off honda-tech for the past week - I would tell you where I was, but what happens there, stays there. )

Everything is exactly as boy_huot describes it.

There is no issue with how the wheels were packed. And there is no proof that Cory did or didn't cash the original check. To me, the issue is, Cory has refused to send an original of the affidavit stating that he didn't cash the check. Sending it is NOT a big deal. He has the form (sent to him by boy_huot via e-mail), and all he has to do is sign it, get it notarized, and send it to either boy_huot or to me. He has our addresses and he can send it FedEx or through the post office with a tracking number. I'll be happy to pay the postage. All I've received are photocopies and all I've heard are excuses.

I don't believe that it's so difficult to get the document notarized, unless you live 36 miles from the nearest neighborhood. You can walk into any bank, insurance office, real estate office, or currency exchange to get a document notarized, and most places won't charge you anything for doing so, even if you're not a customer.

Cory, you can clear this up very easily. Just send a signed, notarized original and boy_huot can take it from there.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Now everything points to the fact that this Cory guy is a scammer, but he still presented himself as wrongly accused, annoyed and pissed off by those who keep bugging him. I'll bet that the copies of affidavit were forged.

To the OP, even with the copies, you can still proceed with legal action. It's one thing for not shipping the item (dispute between two parties), but now it's a totally different thing for forging (that's felony!!). He could serve time for that. Go get him and don't let him walk away.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Type Zero
Now everything points to the fact that this Cory guy is a scammer, but he still presented himself as wrongly accused, annoyed and pissed off by those who keep bugging him. I'll bet that the copies of affidavit were forged.

To the OP, even with the copies, you can still proceed with legal action. It's one thing for not shipping the item (dispute between two parties), but now it's a totally different thing for forging (that's felony!!). He could serve time for that. Go get him and don't let him walk away.

I couldn't imagine risking sharing a cell over $2000 dollars. How lame. It's pretty apparent something is very fishy.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cory,

If you don't clear this up, you aren't going to be allowed to come to Expo. You know me and know I've never had any problems with you, but both Ken and the buyer are in agreement that they haven't received an original. Send it to Ken, or send it to me, just send the damn thing.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just an update for everyone. First, I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and willingness to help. Cory has been MIA, as expected, and doesn't look anyone will be hearing anything from him anymore.

I'd like to ask anybody with investigative/research skills to try and find me the contact of notary public Cecilia I. Strasser, state of Nevada. I've been given a link to her on Las Vegas MLS but it has no contact info.

Finally, the folks over at NWP4Life have banned Cory from the classifieds until he resolves this issue. Kudo's to them; whatever money problems Cory has had in the past and had to negate using these kind of ways looks like it's about to come to an end. Maybe I will contact all the people from my original post who have been scammed and let them know. At the very least, his shady ways have been exposed. Cheers all.

Quick Reply: **HELP PLEASE** Business Deal Gone HORRIBLY Wrong (w/ JjuuN R)