Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

98 integra gsr issues....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 integra gsr issues....

so two weeks ago I went out to start the car and it would not turn over or anything all the lights came on just would do anything when you turned the key to start. I figured since the car had been down south in warm weather and is now up north and it was like 28 degrees it didn’t have enough cold cranking amps. Fast forward two weeks I go out the car starts fine takes me a minute to warm it up enough to idle on its own with the 1000cc injectors. I drive the car hit boost it’s driving great around the neighbor hood. All of a sudden it starts bogging when I give it gas and I don’t mean a stutter it wants to die. I drove it home by barely pushing on the throttle. Get home and I started trying to rev it in the drive way if I barely push on the throttle I can rev it up to redline. Anything more then I dunno 30% maybe half throttle and the car just wants to die. I shut it off and leave it over night. Next day I come out to start the car and I notice the fuel pump never primed I try multiple times no fuel pump priming. I think to myself well either my fuel pump went bad or my main relay. So the following day I come out and and pull the main relay and open it up. I resolder some of the contacts and notice two were touching so I melted the solder and separated them and reinstalled and nothing. I then remember I have a couple main relays in the garage pop a new one in still won’t prime. I went out to the garage and grabbed the stock p72 and plugged it in fuel pump primed immediately every time I turned the key to II. I took the cover off my s300 so I could watch the green light it’s immediatly green. I turn the key to II and 02 light turns red and then the 03 light turns green after 1 second and then fuel pump primes. In all when I click to II it takes a couple second before the fuel pump primes. Then it stops priming and then all sudden it works. When the car does start it runs like complete crap will not let me rev past 3k at full throttle and will let me rev to redline with barely any throttle. I don’t think it’s the ignition barrel but I don’t have any check engine lights. I pop the stock p72 back into the car and it runs the same exact way with no tune. I have unplugged the ecu completely for the night. So I have a few questions.

has anyone ever heard of an s300 losing it’s tune?
are there any sensors that would cause the fuel pump not to prime?

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.