Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 12:30 PM
New User

Location: work in Tennessee and live in Georgia, from Tampa, Florida, USA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks?

checked out groupbuycenter.com but didnt see anything, any websites that have a pretty good price on these?
Old 01-13-2003, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (Andrea_Aunie)

I hear Autozone blanks are good enough. Pretty much just Brembos w/out the brand name.
Old 01-13-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (Andrea_Aunie)

http://www.collettimotorsports.com/
Old 01-13-2003, 02:05 PM

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (frogsr)

the best place i have come across for brembo blanks is http://www.nopionline.com 16 a piece for rears and like 24 for fronts
Old 01-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (jtintegra)

Yep, Nopi is the best place to go. Search the Best Buy forum also....there was a guy offering good prices a while back.

Autozone also is the same thing, just not "Brembo."
Old 01-13-2003, 03:36 PM

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (newgsrdriver)

You should buy from cobalfriction.com. ANdy is an awesome guy and they give 15% off their rotors. Support a honda-tech sponsor!
Old 01-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (tygsr)

How's the quality on the Autozone rotors?

Anyone ever Had a set?
Old 01-13-2003, 07:02 PM

I bought my Brembo Blanks from http://www.collettimotorsports.com it was like $28 for the front rotors and $20 for the rears and $10/ea for shipping... this was over a year ago.. so not sure what the current pricing is..click on the "specials"

Nopi also had really low pricing about a month ago when someone asked if they were the real brembos or something...

there was also a place I think it was http://www.performancemotorcars that had them for a decent price and orders over $50 (2 rotors would be over $50) had free shipping.. not sure if that promotion is still going..

theres also http://www.cobaltfriction.com I haven't personally bought from them or dealt w/ Andy personally.. but Andy (cobalt on HT..I think?) should be able to help you out w/ your brake purchase and supply you w/ a good price on rotors...
Old 01-14-2003, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (GSRaCeRbOI)

I've been running AutoZone rotors and pads in front for over a year now, and also AutoZone pads in the rear for several months, no problems yet. No warping or anything. The AutoZone rotors and pads together for the front were only $75.
Old 01-14-2003, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (PatrickGSR94)

Autozone rotors rock! My bro has a set with like 10+ track days on them with Hawk Blues, they are starting to show signs of heat cracking, but nothing major. And hey, for $18 each, cant beat that ****! LOL, kinda ironic that 2 rotors are half the price of a set of front pads

[Modified by BabyBadassIntegraGSR, 12:06 PM 1/14/2003]
Old 01-14-2003, 08:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (BabyBadassIntegraGSR)

I bought mine at Irotors.com.
Old 01-14-2003, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (IntEGNYC)

Got mine from http://www.nopionline.com last week.. fast shipping, good prices. $100 shipped for vented fronts and solid rears (four all together).
Old 01-14-2003, 10:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.groupbuycenter.com
Old 01-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm using the autozone rotors and they work fine. Can't beat the price either.
Old 01-14-2003, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (SargentNg)

definately Autozone.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (Tweakmeister)

definately Autozone.

if im not mistaken .. i believe the Brembo blanks are sprayed/treated with some kind of heat reduction spray or something that reduces warpageeee
Old 01-15-2003, 11:51 AM

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (zilverz)

if im not mistaken .. i believe the Brembo blanks are sprayed/treated with some kind of heat reduction spray or something that reduces warpageeee
if it's only a spray on, how does it last? if it has different metallurgical properties and/or is formed in a certain way to make the material less prone to deformation would make more sense.
Old 01-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (ee-gsr)

if it's only a spray on, how does it last? if it has different metallurgical properties and/or is formed in a certain way to make the material less prone to deformation would make more sense.
I was repeating something i read a while back ... i went ahead and looked on brembo site to see if i can find the correct information ... I did not find anything about a special "coating" to reduce warpage.. but the Brembo Sport systems which include (Drilled, Slotted, and Blanks) says this:

"The Brembo systems will show their greatest advantages when braking from higher speeds, or when tasked with repeated heavy braking. The increased braking torque provides for maximum deceleration at speed, and the ability to absorb and quickly dissipate the intense heat generated during repeated braking insures that the braking system will perform at the same high level each time. "

reduced heat does = less chance of warpage

but no i didnt find anything about the coating ... i cant remimber where i read that |: sorry fellas
Old 01-15-2003, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (zilverz)

they are coated with oil to prevent surface rust. you should always clean your rotors before using them.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:43 PM

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (Tweakmeister)

Are your rotors out of spec? You could try refinishing them.
Old 01-16-2003, 11:14 AM

Default Re: whats a good place to order some oem rotors or brembo blanks? (Trac226)

what r u runnin for pads on there need new pads and rotors maybe SS lines too

thinkin bout vented brembos with EBC green stuff in the front and blanks and greens in the back what do u think