Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

What year throttle body and FITV?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Premium Member

Received 189 Likes on 164 Posts
Default What year throttle body and FITV?

I have a B18C1 from a '96 GSR hatch that was swapped into my EH3 Civic back in '02 (not by me).

I am doing a re-fresh on much of the engine and am not sure what year my throttle body and FITV are?

When I look up a '96 GSR, I see there is no FITV on the TB, and they ran that TB from '96-'01.

A '95 GSR TB did have FITV on the TB, and they used that TB in '94 and '95.

Is it possible to swap a '95 or earlier TB on a '96 intake?

The other thing that bothers me as that the nipple on my FITV points straight out to the front, while the FITV on the parts websites and in the '94 FSM show the nipple pointing up. Does anyone know what FITV this is?

Thank you in advance for any wisdom you might have!

Attached Images  

Last edited by 94 Civic Si; 11-09-2016 at 09:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: What year throttle body and FITV?

It wont make any diffrence using a diffrent TB just save your self the time and headache and leave it alone, its from a diffrent year integra maybe a LS but makes no sence to swap it if theres nothing wrong with it. You can get a after market TB that bypasses the FITV but you have to rerout your coolant hoses! or basiclly use a longer hose to reach straight to the IACV.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:42 AM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
It wont make any diffrence using a diffrent TB just save your self the time and headache and leave it alone, its from a diffrent year integra maybe a LS but makes no sence to swap it if theres nothing wrong with it. You can get a after market TB that bypasses the FITV but you have to rerout your coolant hoses! or basiclly use a longer hose to reach straight to the IACV.
Looks like you nailed it man! I remember seeing something about Integra with automatic keeping FITV, so I looked at a '96 LS w/ A/T, and look at the FITV - Ha!
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2016, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

Thanks again man.

Speaking of re-routing coolant hoses, it seems like all the GSR intakes I see have 2 coolant ports, 1 big, and 1 small for the FITV & IAC. My intake does not have the little port. My coolant line going to the FITV comes from the the radiator hose connection on the head - does anyone know what year or application did that?

The reason I care is b/c I am trying to order parts to re-fresh everything. I ordered o-rings for the FITV by ordering for the '95 GSR FITV - hope I did not order the wrong ones if it is actually a '96 LS FITV.

Here are some comparison pictures of the intake connection I am talking about:

My intake - not a great shot of the coolant ports:

Old 10-29-2016, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

They just chenged them on the GSR years later with two seperate ports i believe. But it should have a hose coming from the fitting from the intake manifold to the FICV then from the other port of the FICV to the IACV and one hose from the other fitting on the IACV to the back of the engine.

The otherer bigger fitting on the intake manifold goes to the Thermostate housing.

The other fitting on the back of the manifold in the last 2 pics you posted with the red arrow should not be routed to a coolant line or you will be sorry. Its a Vacume line.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:00 AM
Premium Member

They just chenged them on the GSR years later with two seperate ports i believe. But it should have a hose coming from the fitting from the intake manifold to the FICV then from the other port of the FICV to the IACV and one hose from the other fitting on the IACV to the back of the engine.

The otherer bigger fitting on the intake manifold goes to the Thermostate housing.

The other fitting on the back of the manifold in the last 2 pics you posted with the red arrow should not be routed to a coolant line or you will be sorry. Its a Vacume line.
My coolant feed for the FICV comes from where the top rad hose connects to the head, not from the intake. I will try to see if I can find a good picture.

Thank you, yes, I was pointing out the vacuum ports with the red arrows in my build thread and just used those pics - thank you for the warning.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:36 PM
Premium Member

I learned some more today after looking at my intake and looking at the '98 Integra FSM. You can see my intake just has the one coolant fitting that as you noted, goes to the thermostat housing. There is not a smaller port to go to the FITV.

The second image is from the '98 FSM and shows the small port off the upper rad hose housing, like mine. My swap deleted the Breather Tube, so I had a small coolant line going from the upper rad housing straight to the FITV.

So it changed sometime between '94 and '98. I think I am going to have to break down and buy a Helms for a '96.
Attached Images