Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

What next?

Old 12-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What next?

i have a pretty much stock 95 gsr, recently spun rod bearing fully rebuilt motor, arp studs itr pistons and rods, king race bearings but that’s about it, recently put lots of money in parts in it, dc headers, cold air intake, test pipe, seats and harness, sound system, and much more but not much for performance, my question is, I want more power, what’s the best way for a budget? Motor has about 1.5k miles on it. Can I turbo it reliably for a daily? Just like 250-280hp? Really don’t have a lot of money so just currious my best bet, don’t want to spend 1k on skunk two cams and valves for 15hp and do more motor work. If turbo is an option what would be a good option for my power goal and budget wise? What parts would I need? Injectors throttle body tune and what?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What next?

Originally Posted by Logan McGrew
Can I turbo it reliably for a daily? Just like 250-280hp? Really don’t have a lot of money so just curious
Just drive it and enjoy it. As fun as it can be, boosting your car is not cheap and can't be done half-assed, or you'll just have to rebuild your engine again. If you're set on boosting, get a decent kit and replace the engine mgmt with something real (Hondata/Neptune/etc). Ebay turbos are hit or miss, leaning towards the failure side.
Piggyback ECU/No tune=
Old 12-13-2018, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thewrai6th
Just drive it and enjoy it. As fun as it can be, boosting your car is not cheap and can't be done half-assed, or you'll just have to rebuild your engine again. If you're set on boosting, get a decent kit and replace the engine mgmt with something real (Hondata/Neptune/etc). Ebay turbos are hit or miss, leaning towards the failure side.
Piggyback ECU/No tune=
thank you for the response! I wasn’t planning on doing it half assed I was planning on a good kit thinking like 1500 but what other parts would I need? Do I NEED a bigger intake and Tb and cams and all that just for 300 or less whp?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you for the response! I wasn’t planning on doing it half assed I was planning on a good kit thinking like 1500 but what other parts would I need? Do I NEED a bigger intake and Tb and cams and all that just for 300 or less whp?
No you don't, you can boost a completely stock engine, provided it is healthy and the goal is within a realistic range. But $1500 is not enough. Double that and then some, unless you can find a complete used kit. I'd head over to the Forced Induction forum and read the FAQs a few times. There is a lot to it, spool times on the turbo you choose will greatly affect driving characteristics. Too big and you don't get boost until redline. Too small and it becomes a restriction at high RPM. etc...
Old 12-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by thewrai6th
No you don't, you can boost a completely stock engine, provided it is healthy and the goal is within a realistic range. But $1500 is not enough. Double that and then some, unless you can find a complete used kit. I'd head over to the Forced Induction forum and read the FAQs a few times. There is a lot to it, spool times on the turbo you choose will greatly affect driving characteristics. Too big and you don't get boost until redline. Too small and it becomes a restriction at high RPM. etc...
agreeed and take your time with it. My daughter is learning Patients with her built we are doing. That’s what I have learned in all the cars I have built
Old 12-14-2018, 08:24 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

Really don’t have a lot of money so...……….

Just drive it the way it is. Putting together a nice turbo setup isn't going to be cheap. Just look at all those shitty *** cars on FB/Craigslist. Shitty parts and owners not having the knowledge to work on them.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
Just drive it the way it is. Putting together a nice turbo setup isn't going to be cheap. Just look at all those shitty *** cars on FB/Craigslist. Shitty parts and owners not having the knowledge to work on them.
this is good advice, I’m going to wait and save up about 3 grand or so. Till then I’ll do wheels and tires and maybe suspension. I’m just getting bored or 130whp you know I want something with a little more guts, don’t get me wrong I love my car and it’s a fun little rig but I’m just wanting a little more ummf
Old 12-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

this is good advice, I’m going to wait and save up about 3 grand or so. Till then I’ll do wheels and tires and maybe suspension. I’m just getting bored or 130whp you know I want something with a little more guts, don’t get me wrong I love my car and it’s a fun little rig but I’m just wanting a little more ummf
oh and brakes, the whole stainless limes Mini Cooper slotted and drilled rotors , type r calipers and tsx pads for like 350 for the custom front big brake upgrade