Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos?

Thinking about going nos, but I don't want to blow my motor. What do you need for your motor to handle nos?
Old 11-26-2002, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (Audio28)

You should get a bigger fuel pump, colder plugs, retard the timing, and good compression #'s from the motor and you will be fine. Also the number one thing people forget with a nitrous kit is the bottle warmer. You could be spraying a 100 shot with a cold bottle and only get like 35 hp to the wheels. Trust me the warmer make a night and day difference.
Old 11-26-2002, 05:17 PM

If you want to nitrous your car the first thing you need to do is buy a nitrous kit.. Second thing you need to do is intstall it.. Third thing you need to do is fill the bottle. And last but not least go use it..
Old 11-26-2002, 07:01 PM

Thinking about going nos, but I don't want to blow my motor.
dont get it then.
Old 11-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (Ferrell)

Thinking about going nos, but I don't want to blow my motor.
dont get it then.
Just starting you car can blow the motor . It not the nitrous, its the nitrous user, or installer.
Old 12-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you need my NOS plate kit...450, bolt in WITH Manifold! 40hp jets installed...peace
Old 12-06-2002, 08:31 PM

hey.. this might be a redundant question,

but what are the con's of using Nitrous Oxide? I have 10k on my car.... 2K1 GS-R, NO2 seems to have the best bang for my buck
Old 12-06-2002, 09:20 PM
jus f0 dekarayshunZ

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (majeed11)

but what are the con's of using Nitrous Oxide? I have 10k on my car.... 2K1 GS-R, NO2 seems to have the best bang for my buck
cons are it goes faster...not necessarily a super good thing
Old 12-06-2002, 09:33 PM

power is not always there...its temporary. thats why i dont get it...i go for things that are always there. i hear the juice is addictive tho....

oh yea, and if you are around here, people will really hate on you. I dont know what people's problem is, but they will. people dont like the idea that others are faster than them, especially having spent significantly less money.
Old 12-07-2002, 01:02 AM
New User

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (97hb)

you should learn more before slappin on a nitrous kit on your car. the more you learn, the less likely youll blow your motor.
Old 12-07-2002, 05:36 AM

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (dlplayboy)

you should learn more before slappin on a nitrous kit on your car. the more you learn, the less likely youll blow your motor.
I agree, search y0.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:09 AM

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos?

im running a 75 direct port shot in my car right now. all i have is a B&M fpr and aem intake. stock timing and fp set at 48 psi.

after half a bottle my plugs say im running rich. i also did a compression test. i got 210 on all 4 cylinders. nitrous is good as long as you know when to stop and how to monitor your engine.
Old 12-07-2002, 06:12 AM

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (gsrstyle)

Very true... thanks.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:02 AM

i've ran nitrous and turbo before (not at the same time..) and turbo is nice because its always on but for the best bang i would do NOS. in my best attempt to describe it, i would think of it as insta-vtec that doubles your torque and makes your flywheel weigh 2 lbs. all that power at once.. so sexy! i became addicted.. started using it just to get on the freeway and ****.. haha damn me.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:30 AM

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (sushibug)

Hey Sushibug,

You had turbo and nitrous before on the same motor?

Runnong nitrous, I heard it wears the motor down pretty quick... true? If so, what pre-cautions must be taken?

[Modified by majeed11, 5:30 PM 12/7/2002]
Old 12-07-2002, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No it willnot wear ur parts down faster than turbo. if anythin turbo is worse..thats right, i said it. every time you turbo nutz get in ur car and hit it to hear that bov your pushn the boost, same thing a n20 guy would do when he was sprayn...but he doesnt at every light! there are a lotta misconceptions and a lotta plain pussies. why do u want teh power all the time i waht i dont understand when ppl say that remark in regards to choosing turbo? why!? so you can spin your wheels all the time and get 0 traction? it is very hard to drive a 300whp honda on the streets at 300whp all the time. id rather have the power there when i need it. although i am going turbo my self, i only plan on boosting 5 lbs on the street...why? theres no use for the 25+psi my motor could handle. my fav. is n20 is cheating...ya! take ur turbo off and see how fast you go. grab your ***** and your wallet if you want the speed, research the product and make a wise decision. [/end rant]
Old 12-07-2002, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (roby)

ive always wondered this and it may sound like a n00b question but what does it mean when you say "100 shot." or whatever number. just curious. ive never looked into nitrious so thats probably why i dont know.
Old 12-07-2002, 09:01 AM

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (roby)

so here s how i feela about it. i'm not quite sure how much you can do to a relatively stock motor to handle nos. Maybe after building up the engine from the ground up with better rods and pistons and rings, throwing on the right size head gasket, port/match/polish the exhaust/intake manifold on the upper block, throw on some high temp ceramic coated valves and then use a nice pair of cams springs retainers. . . .single runner manifold ported/matched/polished, a bigger throttle body, adj. gears for tuning, some sort of ecu program, fuel management parts -from the injectors back to the fuel pump, then your gonna need about two hours of dyno tuning, after that i believe the engine could handle a turbo, a 50+ shot of n2o, supercharger, or a combination of two out of th ethree. as to how long th eengine would last. . . **** if i know but i bet it would win some races and make some money for ya. but don't forget that setup would require tranny work, suspension to ahndle the torque, at least a 3 inch exhaust system and bigger brakes an wheels to handle the increased speed. i think everyone dreams of a car like this once in a while

[Modified by au-gsr, 11:04 AM 12/7/2002]
Old 12-07-2002, 09:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (au-gsr)

roby i understand your point about having all that power in a honda, but most people that have that kind of power rarely use it on the street and they have a lot more done to handle the traction and everything else that comes along with that power.

presonally i do like nitrous, why, because its every ricers first this on their mind, that and becasue of F&F.

also, as far as cost, i think in the long run, nitrous is more expensive, with turbo/sc, you have the power there all the time, with nitrous its a button thing and then you have to recharge the bottle, keep recharging and itll cost u.
my $.02
Old 12-07-2002, 10:18 AM

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (bocian)

I don't see why people dont like N2O either. What ever floats your boat is what you should go with. I think N2O is a good idea for people who don't always want power in their car. as far as Turbo being cheaper in the long run... how much extra money do you turbo guys spend on gas? With all that extra gas money you coould refill your N2O bottle maybe more than once depending on how you use it. I don't have either on my car but I like getting 30+ miles on the highway so if I was going to do any work on my car, I will first build up the motor and then get N2O. Of course I have a 94 Turbo Legacy sport as well as a Teg so I don't need another turbo car. Turbo 4 door sedan is a plenty good sleeper car.

its been a while since high school chem.

[Modified by Brolli007, 3:36 PM 12/7/2002]
Old 12-07-2002, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do I need in my GSR motor to handle nos? (bocian)

i really dont think cost is an accurate reason. the people who want to make power through n20 end up spending a lot off the bat ..not as much as a turbo guy though. a proper n20 car NEEDS a fuel pump at the least, an ignition, and a fpr would be nice, and some plugs. this is what you need to run a "100 shot"...1 shot refers to 1 hp.. of course building up your motor does benefit you more regardless of your method, n20 or turbo. so that + you kit is a pretty good chunk right there. then of course you figure ur refills at 30 a pop. well, that is expensive but a turbo car eats gas a lil quicker regardless and a turbo is NEVER a "bolt-n-forget" item!!. if i could accurately calculate the maintenance costs of maintaining a turbo vs that of a n20 car and its useage fees ie fuel and what not , we'd have a real good model for comparison. unfortunately, i do not posses the resources to do that. n20 has always been coined as the underground power adder, atleast before the ******y and fruitiest.

w/similar mods such as beefing up the block w/ rods or pistons most turbo hondas can get away w/ what, 15 psi right~rougly 150 hp ..the same is true for n20 guys..you do have the ability to spray 150 shot and gain that 150. tuning is always a good idea..n20 is not a "ill just read this manual w/ pill chart and pop it in " affair.

bocian: you do have a very good point..but there are so many guys that run a turbo nowadays..its an epidemic. a lot of people are getting near 300 hp mark or just shy w/ an fmu and basically a stock car . even those that are not, the ? was on wear and tear...believe it or not a turbo is more pounding.