Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

traction bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction bar

so im planning on installing a traction bar on my 91 db1, im not a track car by no means it is my daily driver but i am tired of wheel hop and crappy traction when i launch my car, ive been looking at 2 different traction bars

Innovative competition bar
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=59311

http://www.full-race.com/store/tract...ction-bar.html

there is a $100 price difference between the 2 but just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these set ups and which one they would recommend.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: traction bar

You just need better tires and more practice at driving.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

no thats not the problem, and driving is the one thing i am good at..my tires are just fine, if i wanted to know tire selection i woulda asked, but my title says traction bar, so i want advice on traction bars..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by slowDB1
so im planning on installing a traction bar on my 91 db1, im not a track car by no means it is my daily driver but i am tired of wheel hop and crappy traction when i launch my car, ive been looking at 2 different traction bars

Innovative competition bar
http://www.innovativemounts.com/Prod...ductCode=59311

http://www.full-race.com/store/tract...ction-bar.html

there is a $100 price difference between the 2 but just wondering if anyone has experience with either of these set ups and which one they would recommend.
They're both good company's. Get what you can afford.

How much power are you even making?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

cars motor is currently stock, just header, intake, and 100 shot..im racing it like this while im gonna start a built motor on the side
Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the innovative bars and i love them. people say that the single heim joint is a bad idea. i have yet to have any problems. i also dont have any noise issues like most cars i have ridden in that had dual heim joint traction bars. but do more research, and buy what you feel will suit you best.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how hard is one of these to install?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When you launch your car where?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i havent taken it to the drag strip yet, i wanna make sure i can beat some people before i take it to the track lol, but when im messing around on base on the concrete streets it doesnt do it, its only when i launch it on the street that i get bad wheel hop..
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i havent taken it to the drag strip yet, i wanna make sure i can beat some people before i take it to the track lol, but when im messing around on base on the concrete streets it doesnt do it, its only when i launch it on the street that i get bad wheel hop..
Oh boy!

Ok, I will be of some help, get the Full Race unit.
Get better tires and learn to drive if you are having issues like wheel hop and no traction.

What is the motor setup?

If you really care about launching and at the track, get a good set of drag radials or slicks.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the motor is currently just my stock LS motor with a cold air intake, headers and exhaust on a 100 shot..and yea i want the traction bars and slicks before i take it to the track, i already have good tires and the driving is not an issue here, my other cars dont do it, just my db1
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All cars aren't the same.....
What tires?
Is this a Zex kit with engagement on full throttle?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a nitrous direct kit with the WOT switch, since my cars pretty much stock i launch it at 4-4500K..and rite now im on kdw-2s in the front
Old 03-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its a nitrous direct kit with the WOT switch, since my cars pretty much stock i launch it at 4-4500K..and rite now im on kdw-2s in the front
Well there is your problem, you are spraying a 100 shot at launch, on street tires?
You need to either feather the throttle until you get going, get an EMS to control the nitrous or use a switch with window engagement and set it higher in the RPM range.
So again, it comes back to your ability to drive this setup. It takes time and practice.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i do feather it on launch to avoid spraying till i have better traction..im thinking of switching it to a push button in my shift **** or something, and yea im on streets, i was thinking of borrowing my friends slicks to try a few launches and see how it works..i didnt want a WOT switch but thats the best priced nitrous kit ive seen lol
Old 03-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i do feather it on launch to avoid spraying till i have better traction..im thinking of switching it to a push button in my shift **** or something, and yea im on streets, i was thinking of borrowing my friends slicks to try a few launches and see how it works..i didnt want a WOT switch but thats the best priced nitrous kit ive seen lol
That would be a good idea. I had a ZEX system as my first nitrous system and had to learn to launch with it as well, best solution was drag radials for track use. Using something like S300 would be ideal because you can then tune the car to optimize the use of nitrous and program a switch to trigger the activation under certain conditions such as throttle % and RPMs
Old 03-02-2012, 10:30 AM
Surje.motorsports

i have the innovative and love it, picked it up thru corsport for 268 shipped to my door...
Old 03-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea it seems like most people run the innovate set up..i still got some time so ill keep this thread going
Old 03-02-2012, 11:19 AM
been there done that

with a car that old why dont you focus on mounts and bushings first? you'd be surprised what poly can do over the old worn rubber. after that if you still feel like traction bars would help you have at it.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i second full race traction bars. they improve the lauch and you can hit the gas more out of a turn.

i would also listen to these guys about filling the stock motor mounts. 3m window weld is the shiz. make sure its the black urethane

or you could get a dampener and only hook it up on the track to prevent the motor from moving.

worn bushes do suck. they wear out fast in the dry heat of texas. you can get a poly bush kit for 150 shipped. but you need to install them thats the tricky part. they will help the handling and stop some of the wheel hop.

also good tires are better than anything for a car performance wise. you can lauch better, handle better, brake better all because of the right compound and tire size. the grip is crazy.

most ppl over look the most obvious part. the tires. they are the only part that comes into contact with the road.

example:
so if you had the best suspension ever with worn all season tires a guy with stock suspension on r coumpound will beat you all day. the tire is the best bang for your buck mod known to man. ask around on different fourms.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive thought about doing the mounts and bushings, they cost about the same as the traction bars..
Old 03-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Genetically Gay

if u get the taction bar it be lighter.i was thinkin about gettin one for my gsr.get one and let us know what is on the car.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well once i go to court and i get my bail money back ill have enough cash for traction bars and all new innovative mounts..for now ima keep working on reliability of the vehicle, i think my drivers side lower ball joint is bad, it sounds like change in a cup sometimes over bumps when going slow
Old 03-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you might be amazed at how motor mounts with inserts will help with traction, and having new bushings really tightens things up also.

J
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ya i wouldnt waste $300 on mounts either. once i filled mounts ill never go back

buy a $20 tube of 3m window weld and fill them your self after doing a lil research. you can get away with just filling the torque mounts in the front of motor. thats what i daily drive right now.

or buy the inserts for $50 and you can always remove the insert if you dont like the ride.

if i were you i would buy the traction bars you want . then fill or use inserts on the mounts then youll have more $$$ to throw at the ride.

i would suggest stiffer suspension. or poly bushing kit. if you already have tires.

Quick Reply: traction bar