Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

TPS wiring/ voltage troubles.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 TPS wiring/ voltage troubles.

New blox TPS installed a while back on my 1992 GS-R, calibrated the voltage correctly when I installed it. .5v-4.5v

Now a have a CEL for the TPS, checked it out with a graphic multimeter and was getting inconsistent voltage supply.

Under further inspection I noticed the green/yellow wire an the ECU for tps was twisted and taped. I just cleaned up the wires, and soldered them back together. Now I have a big ol flat spot at about 20-50% throttle.

What could be going wrong here? Maybe a bad solder joint? It drove fine before this just had the CEL. I also checked the voltage at the TPS connector, read .03v-.04v.. shouldn't the supply read 5v? when I sweep the sensor it reads from .03v to about 3.7v

Please help this is driving me nuts.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: TPS wiring/ voltage troubles.

i'd just replace the wire from the tps to the ecu. if you see that it's damaged. as long as you're doing that, i'd run a new ground wire, too. there's three wires going into it, replace 'em and you should be golden.

i replaced mine on a couple of DAs that I had, and even though there was no obvious damage, it made a world of difference, even without replacing the sensor.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man crap that's gonna suck, I'm trying to sell the car and want to CEL cleared, and don't want to sell someone garbage. I popped off the connector again and the yellow supply wire is 5.18v, and to check the ground i set the multimeter to 200ohms and got a reading of 18.4ohms on that wire, so I'm assuming that my problem. How did you replace the wires? pull the whole harness?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nah its way easier than that. supply voltage seems fine. just cut the wire at the tps connector for the signal going to the ecu (middle wire)

solder a new piece of wire onto the connector long enough to reach the ecu(16 awg works good, or 14 if you're feeling saucy). run it through the firewall to the ecu

find the D11 wire at the ecu connectors, and cut it. leave enough wire from the connector to solder the new wire onto, and solder your new wire into the pigtail
boom. done. you don't have to mess with the old wire, just leave it in the harness.

if you're feeling extra saucy (or if the problem still doesn't go away), i'd do the same with the ground wire at the tps. just ground it to the block.

http://technet.ff-squad.com/wiring.obd1.htm