Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Tow ATV with Integra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow ATV with Integra?

instead of starting a new topic i will just add to this one...

alright...i just bought an ATV, the atv came with an inclosed trailer...just the size of the ATV (its just a little trailer nothing big)...i was wondering if any of you Honda techers ever pulled a small trailer with an integra. It would be nice to be able to pull it with my car but i dont wanna put a hitch on my integra and find out that it is useless.

I know there is an adapter for the wireing that you can buy that plugs into a plug in tail lights for trailer lights...so it comes ready for that....just a matter of buying the hitch installing it and the trailer adapter wires and were good to go.

I would hate to pull such a small stupid looking trailer with my truck and get about 9mpg with that just to pull my atv around...
Old 04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 100k maint. anything to else to do?

Originally Posted by Tegraracer90
instead of starting a new topic i will just add to this one...

alright...i just bought an ATV, the atv came with an inclosed trailer...just the size of the ATV (its just a little trailer nothing big)...i was wondering if any of you Honda techers ever pulled a small trailer with an integra. It would be nice to be able to pull it with my car but i dont wanna put a hitch on my integra and find out that it is useless.

I know there is an adapter for the wireing that you can buy that plugs into a plug in tail lights for trailer lights...so it comes ready for that....just a matter of buying the hitch installing it and the trailer adapter wires and were good to go.

I would hate to pull such a small stupid looking trailer with my truck and get about 9mpg with that just to pull my atv around...
you could maybe pull your car with the atv and get better than 9 mpg LOL but yeah you can put a trailer on your ride. no ****-my neighbors gardner has a purple 1994 ish 2-door civic lowered on konigs and he pulls a triler for his lawn mower. i'll have to post pics next time he comes by LOL
Old 04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tow ATV with Integra?

yeah i know, i try to leave my truck at home as much as possible just because of that.....my problem is the hitch for the integras only have a 200lb tounge capacity...so i will have to keep the atv way into the back of the trailer to balance the load out cause the tounge of the trailer is already pretty heavy.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i know what you mean. is it the trailer that has the 200 pound rating? or the hitch?
Old 04-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oh my badd i didnt read thoroughly LOL. maybe you can over engineer the hitch to hold more weight
Old 04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha i thought about that...i might just put the tounge stand on a scale...and roll the atv on it till it has about 180 pounds on the tounge...and mark out where to pull the atv up to all the time and leave it there...that way i got a decent about of tounge weight so we dont have any crazy fish-tail action...and yet i am still not maxed out on the hitch...
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah i thought about the scale thing but the weight of the enclosed trailer and atv and i imagine its a 6 foot trailer or so....lot of weight. what about putting lead inside some pipes and putting them above the rear door of the trailer in hopes that the weight is far enough behind the axle to cause lift on the tongue and lessen the load? lead filled 2 inch steel water pipe about 4 foot would weigh about 80 pounds each....but whats the axle weight of the trailer
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

200lbs of TONGUE weight. as in, you shouldn't put more than 200lbs of weight on the "tongue" of the trailer. what you need to worry about is the trailer weight rating. generally the tongue weight is 10 percent of the total towable weight, so i'm guessing the max is 2000lbs. don't forget, the trailer has wheels for a reason, it takes a lot of the weight. plus you generally want to load it 60/40, 60 percent of the weight in front of the trailers axle, and 40 behind it.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of atv, a sport or utility?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

utility
Old 04-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

kinda interesting phone call i had today on my lunch break at work...i called a local shop who is known pretty good for doing hitch work..just to see what they would charge to put a hitch on...i plan on doing mine myself but just to be curious...and we got talking about the hitch and the wiring kit and then he comes out and asks "do you want a brake controler added for the trailer?" i was like...are you serious...so i said "buddy if i am pulling a trailer that that is big enough it requires brakes on it...then most likely i wont be pulling that with my 4 cylinder integra...i wont even be able to get up to the top of the hill to get to use the brakes going back down"

Some people just dont think i guess...but then that ran the idea through my head of putting brakes on my small trailer for improved stopping and less wear on my brakes...but the trailer is so light it probally would just be grabby and lock the wheels up all the time on trailer...right?