Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

teg starting up then dying right away

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 09:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teg starting up then dying right away

hey guys. I got a 94 gsr, 108,000 miles with no motor work.

The car sat at my apartment complex for about a month while i was out of town. When i got back it had to be towed to a shop cause the clutch had gone out prior.

A few hours after the car was dropped off the guy at the shop called me and said the car wouldnt start. ...this has never happend. He said it wasnt anything having to do with the alternator or battery, it seemed like the car wasnt getting fuel. So the guy disconnected the fuel line, put it back, and i guess it started up fine for him. He said this probably happened cause the car sat in the heat for so long (?)

1 week later/yesterday i try to start my car and it dies right away (i assume the same problem he had) So i tried it a few more times and bliped the throttle and it started up. Ever since its been fine.

Can anyone help me out?

thanks!

Old 08-06-2002, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: teg starting up then dying right away (jiiser)

Need some more info. Does the car want to turn over ? Do the rpms begin to jump at all while trying/on the last crank of turning over ?

DOES the car turn over ?
Also try pulling a spark plug, attaching it to the boot and turn over the ignition... is there any spark ?

Listen to see if you fuel pump primes when you switch the ignition to the on (II) position.

x2
Old 08-06-2002, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: teg starting up then dying right away (X2BOARD)

when the car starts up normally, the rpms jump to about 1500 then lull to just under 1000 (its been hot).

on the time it didnt start up, the rpms would try to jump up as normal but quit at ~1000 then just die. ...although blipping the throttle right after i turned the key, started the engine and would idle just fine.

so I take it the car is turning over? (hey im learning )

The car seems to be working fine as of now. Im just wondering if thats a telltale sign of something going out, or just a freak occurance.

also.. would the car sitting so long (bout a month) in heat have any affect on the fuel pump or lines? (like the guy at the shop said)

thanks for the quick reply!
Old 08-06-2002, 12:11 PM

Default Re: teg starting up then dying right away (jiiser)

could be heat soak.

Whats the condition of the motor? Have you ever changed your fuel filter. Another issue could be your ignition.

Heat can do bad things to an aged distributor and ignitor.