Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Stolen, stripped and abandoned 94-97 GSR sighted in Bronx near yankee stadium. Is this your car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2001, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen, stripped and abandoned 94-97 GSR sighted in Bronx near yankee stadium. Is this your car?

On saturday night I took the D train uptown to hang out with my friend. As I was walking to her house I saw a GSR that was stripped. The airbags, headlights, bumper lenses, engine, rims and spoiler were gone. at the sight of this my heart broke. I was gonna look under the car for the motor but I concluded that the engine was gone since the front half of the car sat so high. It also was resting on 4 donut spare tires. Spoiler was missing. The entire cloth interior was there though. It also had NY plates on it. I feel bad for the owner of the car.

I wish I had all my friends there with me so that I can show them why I never park my car on the street. They would have been able to see firsthand the evidence of what happens to stolen Integras. Maybe'd they'd complain less when I dont take my car to certain places.

If anyone in the NY state area has lost a green Integra.....call the police.

Ohh by the way and the car was parked in a residential neighborhood a few paces away from the train station.

[Modified by VTEC-MAN95GSR, 2:15 PM 9/24/2001]
Old 09-24-2001, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Stolen, stripped and abandoned 94-97 GSR sighted in Bronx near yankee stadium. Is this your car?

thats bullshit i cant stand that crap......hey VTEC-man u seem to have good eyes for finding stuff like this.....keep an eye out for a red 96 ek civic hatch (prolly a shell now) but it had a **** load of werk into it had a big Profile sticker in the front window (if you have been to fizz axz tnt ultima etc u may have seen it before it got stolen)
Old 09-24-2001, 02:35 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Stolen, stripped and abandoned 94-97 GSR sighted in Bronx near yankee stadium. Is this your car?

lol... thats not something new to my eyes... ive seen plenty of stripped gsr's /type r's in the area.

Old 09-24-2001, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Residential neighborhood + NYC = stolen cars

They are being stripped inside people's garages. Watch it when in those NYC resedential areas with garages, your car can be stolen towed by another car or even PUSHED into someones garage. be careful, the looks of these neighborhoods are decieving.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did your front windshield sticker say just Profile? or LowProfile? I know some guys from that crew. I been to fizz, ultima and all those local NYC speedshops before, but lately I haven't driven my Teg much, I usually drive it on weekends cuz I spend most of my time in manhattan: read, my main mode of transportation is with the MTA

Sorry to hear about the loss though....it really sucks.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

flex97itr. Humm I dunno if I can handle the sight of many stripped GSR's ITR's at once.

If I wanted to take some stuff from that GSR that I saw, I'm sure there were plenty of parts that I could get. Again, I will not disclose the exact location of the vehicle....I dont want anyone from HT flocking to the carcass of that GSR.
Old 09-24-2001, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The neighborhood I was in didnt really have any private houses. The car was parked near a park on one side of the street and with a whole line of apartment buildings on the other side of the street.
Old 09-24-2001, 06:54 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Fizz??? Holy **** thanks guys. The first week I got my GSR a friend and I got into a little race with a silver Subaru 2.5 RS. All i saw on his car was the sport exhaust. Well to make the story short we were dead even past speeds of 120 then i got to my exit and I got scared(hey it was the first week) so i hit the breaks found out how loose the rear gets when you unload the weight and all i saw around his back licence plate was fizz tuned. Is this the same place???