Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Steering Column and SRS Reel.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Column and SRS Reel.

well, when changing my tan dash for a black one i had lying around, i noticed that the part where it has the turn signals and the wipers were tilted a little as in one side is lower than the other (will post pics tomorrow). this is annoying the hell out if me since it is tilted a little, the ignition key hole does not fit into the hole on the steering wheel cover.

I came to the conclusion that it is tilted because the bracket that is welded onto the steering column behind the SRS reel and the clickers are welded incorrectly. now i have an extra steering column and SRS reel lying around. i am debating whether i should replace the whole steering column or just the column itself since i do not know whether or not the SRS reel on my extra steering column is F'ed up or not.

this also raises the question if i am to just replace the steering column, am i able to remove the SRS reel on my original an put it on my extra steering column? also, is there anything else i should be watching out for?
Old 06-01-2005, 03:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never encountered this problem when I was swapping out my tan dash. If you have pictures of the steering column area I'll have a better idea of the problem. Let's hope it's not too problematic.