Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

STATE REF. stock gsr with bolt ons? should I ref. it or no?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 02:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STATE REF. stock gsr with bolt ons? should I ref. it or no?

Is it even possible to ref. a stock gsr with bolt ons. Reason for doing this is so when I get pulled over, I can show them the ref. sticker and they wont write me up for BS which they well cuz thats how the cops run down in nor cal.

I got a skunk2 manifold the old verson where it doesnt say skunk2 on top so I dont know where the carb. number is located

aem intake with carb number

dc sport intake with carb number

msd carb approved?

if I put a spoon N1 exhuast could I possibly get a ticket for it?

So ref. the car or no? Just trying to get cops to leave me alone.
Old 10-29-2006, 11:09 AM

bump?
Old 10-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kangolbrand)

hows your gsr stock if you have bolt ons
Old 10-29-2006, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the manifold never had the carb number stamped on it. it came with separate sticker so if you aint got that your screwed as far as the manifold. the msd should have came with carb stickers also. the exhaust itself doesnt matter what matters is the noise decible that it puts out, spoon n1 probably wont pass. just keep your stock exhaust and when you get a db ticket just switch back to stock and take the db test, its free in cali. all youll have to pay for an exhaust ticket is 10 court fee. everything else your fine on. and theres really no point in refing it when you can just show the officer the carb numbers and your good to go. unless you are swapped theres no point. just make sure you have carb numbers for everything for when you get pulled over
Old 10-29-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Re: (toofast4u752)

The exhaust still has to be carb legal too. I found this out recently. When you go ref just take it off and use a stock one one or get one that is carb legal. If you still have the receipt for the skunk 2 IM you can ask them for a new sticker or you can try and ask them for one. Most likely won't get one without a receipt, it doesn't hurt to try though.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:10 PM

well i brough the car with the manifold, the owner gave me the skunk2 manifold box it came in... could i give the the barcode on it and maybe skunk well give me a carb number sticker?
Old 10-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kangolbrand)

If the cops are really that bad just wait until one of them forces you to go to the ref. What do have to lose?
Old 10-29-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: (f2rider)

Most likely you end up going at least once I had everything and I still had to go ref. He gave me a modified exhaust ticket, even thought i had a greddy which is fifty state legal. He did not give it to me for noise violation.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: STATE REF. stock gsr with bolt ons? should I ref. it or no? (Kangolbrand)

sounds like everything you got has a carb sticker so your cool, the exhaust however will be a noise issue if you were to get pulled over, if that ever happens you buy a $15 muffler silencer go to the reff and watch your car pass with flying colors, i just did it last week and laughed at the cop in court
Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: (phoshizzle88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phoshizzle88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hows your gsr stock if you have bolt ons</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol

the general consensus is that you either have the CARB stickers or not. If you dont have them, then you are SOL...
Old 10-29-2006, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cosmokramer)

Remember you have to be sent to the ref, you just cant go on your own
Old 10-30-2006, 06:50 AM

Default Re: (teknoracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teknoracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Remember you have to be sent to the ref, you just cant go on your own</TD></TR></TABLE> That is not true. You can make an appointment to get your car checked out. Cost like $30-40 dollars. If your car doesn't pass, the ref just tells you what you need to do to the car to make it pass.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:54 AM

Default Re: (vinai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vinai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The exhaust still has to be carb legal too. I found this out recently. When you go ref just take it off and use a stock one one or get one that is carb legal. If you still have the receipt for the skunk 2 IM you can ask them for a new sticker or you can try and ask them for one. Most likely won't get one without a receipt, it doesn't hurt to try though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AS long as the db is not over 95. You are not breaking any laws. Exhaust does not need carb. read for yourself. http://www.dcsports.com/Faqs.a...21#32