Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Camber Kit installed, still cambering?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Camber Kit installed, still cambering?!

I recently installed my Skunk2 Pro Series Plus camber kit on my 95 gsr sedan to remedy my cambering problem after I replaced my wheel bearings, but it got worst after. The camber kit is maxed out. The passenger side cambers more than the driver side. My car is lowered on H&R Sport Springs that were made for a civic. I'm on stock struts as well. If anyone has an idea what could be wrong, let me know. Here are some pictures of what I'm talking about:

Driver Side 1

Driver Side 2

Passenger Side 1

Passenger Side 2
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Camber Kit installed, still cambering?!

Ur too low then. Thats a ton of camber you had to start out with its gunna be hard to find a adjustment for that. If the kit isnt working u can try shimming the upper control arm which mite give u a degree. Or u can take and extend ur swing arm its not that hard you just need to find how to calculate the length of extention of the swing arm. Thers gotta be an old short track racer here somewhere that knows it.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

H&R sport springs aren't suppose to drop the car that low, are you sure you got the right springs, mines only dropped the car about 2". Also, are you sure they are installed correctly? Get the car aligned if you're sure you got the correct springs with the correct spirng rates, and installed them corrrectly.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Woot, your passenger side looks to have almost as much camber as my car.

Then again, I'm running my camber kits maxed for more negative camber (which is the only thing that justifies a camber kit).

Something has to be bent, to have the wheels sit like that.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by j_bizach
Ur too low then. Thats a ton of camber you had to start out with its gunna be hard to find a adjustment for that. If the kit isnt working u can try shimming the upper control arm which mite give u a degree. Or u can take and extend ur swing arm its not that hard you just need to find how to calculate the length of extention of the swing arm. Thers gotta be an old short track racer here somewhere that knows it.
eh what cars have you been working on? Hondas don't have swing arms, at least not that ones made since 1988.

OP: are you sure you pulled them all the way out? I definitely didn't have that much negative camber on H&R Sport springs with NO camber kit. I never had any tire wear problems, either.

I advise you to return or sell the Skunk2 arms if you can, and put that money towards good shocks, and a 4-wheel alignment. You definitely don't need a camber kit with H&R Sport springs. Toe kills tires, not camber.

This is my car on H&R Sport springs with no camber kits (next to a stock GS-R same color heh). If you have more negative camber than this on stock upper control arms, then you have something bent.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
eh what cars have you been working on? Hondas don't have swing arms, at least not that ones made since 1988.
Mistype ment control arm mybad
Old 03-05-2009, 06:52 PM

I have Skunk2 Pro Series full coilovers and Ingalls camber kit front and rear on my 4Dr 2000 Acura Integra LS as well and all four of my wheels are straight. something is probably bent or you need to get an alignment.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My camber kit is pulled out all the way/maxed out. I had less camber before the install. The H&R springs as I mentioned, are for civics, but I like the drop because the back doesn't drop lower than the front. Now let me ask this, are the GSR and LS spindles the same? I bought a set of front spindles to have new wheel bearings pressed into them. I had new wheel bearings pressed in and swapped out with my old spindles thinking that would be easier. After the spindle swap, that's where the camber came in. I'm thinking maybe LS and GSR spindles are different?
Old 03-06-2009, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrvong
My camber kit is pulled out all the way/maxed out. I had less camber before the install. The H&R springs as I mentioned, are for civics, but I like the drop because the back doesn't drop lower than the front. Now let me ask this, are the GSR and LS spindles the same? I bought a set of front spindles to have new wheel bearings pressed into them. I had new wheel bearings pressed in and swapped out with my old spindles thinking that would be easier. After the spindle swap, that's where the camber came in. I'm thinking maybe LS and GSR spindles are different?
No, all 94-01 Integras, 92-95 Civics, and 93-97 del Sols use the same knuckles/spindles. You definitely have something bent under there, probably those spindles you installed.

Compare the length of a stock UCA to your S2 UCA, from the plane of the UCA bushings out to the ball joint. You say you maxed them out, so the distance should be longer than stock UCA's, which means there should definitely be LESS negative camber than before. But since you have more, you have problems elsewhere. Either that or you installed the wrong parts.

Wait a sec - are you sure the knuckles you put on were from a 94-01 LS? If they were from a 90-93 Integra, then that is your problem, as those had taller knuckles, which makes the UCA angle upwards farther, making more negative camber. Please take a pic of the UCA and knuckle, or just tell me if the knuckle has 2 small tabs right below the upper ball joint hole where 2 screws can go in to hold a cap that covers the ball joint?