Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Should I buy this Integra

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Should I buy this Integra

So I've been looking in to buying this GSR but I am a little hesitant. It's a 1996 GSR with a b20b swap. Chassis have 173k on them and the engine has 53k. The only problem is as everyone knows the b20 isn't legal in a Teg. Everything about the car is super clean and he would take $3300 for it. Now getting it smogged wouldn't be the problem. The only thing I'm worried about is the police checking under the hood and having to pay some huge fine for an illegal engine...What are your thoughts and or stories regarding the b20? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Should I buy this Integra

they run good if they are done right (B20 that is...) but honestly i wouldn't buy a car with that motor swapped into it. maybe a gsr or a b16 swap, IN MY OPINION, but not a b20.
Why? I've just know them not to be very reliable and if something breaks you haft to track down parts from 2 separate motors which can be time consuming, possibly.
So..
>>>>>>>**** IN MY OPINION ****<<<<<<<
No.. not worth it if u don't know the guy that did the swap and the parts used AND ESPECIALLY if your in a state that gives a S*** about motors.
But you never did say if u knew the guy or not.... do you?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im thinking he means a stock b20, which would be reliable as any stock motor. but where do you live anyways?..up here in washington they dont give rats *** about what motor your rolling with..post pics if you can...makes things so much easier then trying to picture an integra like mine! lol jk
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't swap a B20 into my car because of all the bullshit I would get from cops especially where I live. You can get a regular teg with a GSR swap for that price.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 PM

Yea I live in cali so I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to illegal mods and what not..But yea the engine is stock. I'll give it a few weeks see if I can find a decent priced GSR/GSR swap. I can't go much higher than 3.5k. Thanks for the fast replies!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:47 PM

Here's a couple pics. Yea it has LS hubs...dunno if the actual pics worked.

http://hella-slow.com/sale/b20integra/11.jpg
http://hella-slow.com/sale/b20integra/2.jpg
Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M43STR0
they run good if they are done right (B20 that is...) but honestly i wouldn't buy a car with that motor swapped into it. maybe a gsr or a b16 swap, IN MY OPINION, but not a b20.
Why? I've just know them not to be very reliable and if something breaks you haft to track down parts from 2 separate motors which can be time consuming, possibly.
So..
>>>>>>>**** IN MY OPINION ****<<<<<<<
No.. not worth it if u don't know the guy that did the swap and the parts used AND ESPECIALLY if your in a state that gives a S*** about motors.
But you never did say if u knew the guy or not.... do you?
most of the parts on b20 are interchangeable with gsr or b16 motor and even have same part numbers. if u talking about b20 being unreliable, it would be as much unreliable as any other b series motor including gsr or b16. u probably thinking about b20/vtec frankenstein swaps... tho can be unreliable depending how bad it's built

as for advise on that car, im not from cali so i wouldn't know because here we have no restrictions for having a b20 motor. if there was i wouldn't get that car, or tell the seller to keep his/her b20 and get just the shell then swap it with original gsr motor... just my opinion
Old 07-14-2009, 02:48 PM

I wouldn't buy it for 3300. Maybe 1500.
Keep on looking.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1500 for this shell is a decent price
Old 07-14-2009, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by qazaq
most of the parts on b20 are interchangeable with gsr or b16 motor and even have same part numbers. if u talking about b20 being unreliable, it would be as much unreliable as any other b series motor including gsr or b16. u probably thinking about b20/vtec frankenstein swaps... tho can be unreliable depending how bad it's built

as for advise on that car, im not from cali so i wouldn't know because here we have no restrictions for having a b20 motor. if there was i wouldn't get that car, or tell the seller to keep his/her b20 and get just the shell then swap it with original gsr motor... just my opinion

That's actually exactly what i was thinking, I've never herd of anyone putting a plain B20 in their car. that's my bad tho.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll be sure to update this thread with future integras that I am interested in purchasing. Looks like I'm going to pass one.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Vietnamese!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:31 PM

Why the "Ugh" face? Lol
Old 07-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Vietnamese!

Originally Posted by JuniorCMK
Why the "Ugh" face? Lol
Because we can't decide what car you want to buy.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM

Well yea I know but a little extra advice might be kinda helpful before I do something stupid...There is a lot of people who know way more about cars than me on this forum so I might as well ask what they think.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Vietnamese!

Well yea I know but a little extra advice might be kinda helpful before I do something stupid...There is a lot of people who know way more about cars than me on this forum so I might as well ask what they think.
Cool.

But my advice to you since you live in Cali is to get a Integra gsr so cops can't harrass you.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you don't know a lot maybe you should buy a stock integra then call it a day until you learn a bit more.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by EKwillister
If you don't know a lot maybe you should buy a stock integra then call it a day until you learn a bit more.
yea thats what I plan on doing I just saw that one that I posted earlier and thats why I asked...I guess I won't ask for help because everyone seems against it...lol.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you own any honda you will get pulled over and they will pop your hood. They popped my hood on my dd. A 94 4 door auto all stock. Hub caps and all. Its a risk you take. If ya buy ti make sure you have some extra cash in case ya get popped. Good luck
Old 07-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Agreed, probably wouldn't get it in Cali. Maybe around here in MA...
Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i would never buy a molested vehicle... all mods would be left for me to do. Start with a clean slate, that way you know the car most likely was not abused... well visually.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you have been paying attention to some of the topics on this forum,you'll come to realize that a b20 inside of an integra cannot be state ref and most people who sells these kind of cars have been pull over and gotten in trouble for it.Depending which state you live in but if you live in Cali,just forget about buying a b20 inside a teg.It will save you money and the trouble.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yea thats what I plan on doing I just saw that one that I posted earlier and thats why I asked...I guess I won't ask for help because everyone seems against it...lol.
its good to ask for opinion but alot of people on HT are closed minded people and will try to make you look dumb...dont take it to the heart...you'll learn to ignore them...we've all been there. lol..but look for something better..i think you can find something better for 3300
Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 PM

Okay cool thanks alot for the advice in the last 4 posts or so. I'm definitely gonna go as stock as possible. At least to start anyway... Thanks!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That looks kinda shady man. You sure its a GSR? if it is, the vin should start with JH4DC2, if it doesnt start like that, its not a GSR. Make sure all the vins match (Engine block, Chassis (right near fuel filter) trunk hatch, door jam).

If youre going to be capped at 3500, I would look into decent quality EG Hatchs (93-95), alot of interchangable parts with integras. All the integras youre gonna see for 3500 arent gonna be in the best of shape, especially if they got a clean title.

Quick Reply: Should I buy this Integra