Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Serious Help on ITR motor..!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious Help on ITR motor..!!!!!!!!!

I was told by a couple of people.. This is just normal tear and wear by rocks, and what nots.. but i was looking at my crank pully this afternoon after we parked for the day at my girlsfriends parents house.. after the drive from BR to NO today.. And i notice that some big chunks were missing from my crank pully, now i haven't notice any problems or what not but why is it doing this?? is this normal wear and tear because of uncontrolable things or what.. it seems to not be hitting anything and have good clearince, has anyone had this problem and does it need attention or what.. some insight.
Also on the backside it seems to be hitting my oil pan on the side and grinding it down..but i haven't notice any leaks or what not.. and it has a good thumb of clearance too.. on each side..is this a big problem.. someone help me..
Motor pulls Strong as crap, fast and i have no leaks or fluid problems..
Old 07-04-2005, 12:07 PM
Nikon!!!

Default Re: Serious Help on ITR motor..!!!!!!!!! (IntegraType-R)

if chunks are missing from your crank pully, i would replace it. it is supposed to be blanaced and pieces missing off it is not good.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Serious Help on ITR motor..!!!!!!!!! (IntegraType-R)

It will be ok, just wondering history of work done on engine? May have been human-caused if you had done something that required the crank pulley to come off.

Absubtle
PA
Old 07-04-2005, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

iuno, if its alot missing you might wanna look at replacing. i have a chip in mine and i dont feel the need to replace it since i found out that it wont throw my balance off. since hondas are internally balanced
Old 07-04-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: (projectTeG)

Swap was done by myself.. when i upgraded the valvetrain i went to crower full valvetrain (tita) and i replaced the timiing belt, oil and water pump and the belts on the alternator and power steering are pretty darn new although i wanted to replaced them.. is this something i should be worring about?
Old 07-04-2005, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (IntegraType-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IntegraType-R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Swap was done by myself.. when i upgraded the valvetrain i went to crower full valvetrain (tita) and i replaced the timiing belt, oil and water pump and the belts on the alternator and power steering are pretty darn new although i wanted to replaced them.. is this something i should be worring about?</TD></TR></TABLE>

depends me i have a small chip, i know that honda motors are internally balanced but have alot of damage on the crank pulley couldnt be good, id say yea replace it
Old 07-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (projectTeG)

It would be cheaper to replace it now, before something nasty happens. Just make sure you have a big impact gun, those can be a bitch to get off.