Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Searched...Yonaka Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Searched...Yonaka Coilovers?

Hey guys...Just another dumb 04 question. I am looking to upgrade my suspension very soon and came across Yonaka Coilovers for my 97. I searched and couldn't really come up with anything on these, so I was just wondering if anyone has even heard of these, or maybe are using them? Here is the link, it's from a HT sponsor. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. http://www.streetimports.com/t...d=408

Cliff Notes for you lazy ***'s...

Yonaka Coilovers: Yea or Nah?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Searched...Yonaka Coilovers? (i luv my 97 teg)

Never heard of them, and I've been reading and searching on coilovers for a few months. For that price, and no dampening adjustability I would go with Tein Basics, which is about $650. Its a system thats been proven to be good, for the money. You could also go with Hayame or Omnipower which has gotten good reviews. If you want dampening adjustability, the go with Tein SS, theyre about 900. If you dont have the dough, and want dampening adjustable, you could go for K-Sport/D2(same thing). Thats what Ill most likely be ending up with in the spring. it has 32 way adjustability(Tein has 16) and you can choose whatever springrate you want. And if you want an extra set of springs that are diff spring rate, its only $50.

I'm just saying that with $600, you have other options that people had good experiances with already.

Hope that helped.
~Swift Out...
Old 11-17-2004, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Searched...Yonaka Coilovers? (SwiftTone)

Thanks for the input swift. I was thinking the same thing, for the price I could just get Tein Baics, which have a good reputation. Anyone else?
Old 11-17-2004, 11:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Searched...Yonaka Coilovers? (i luv my 97 teg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SwiftTone &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Never heard of them, and I've been reading and searching on coilovers for a few months. For that price, and no dampening adjustability I would go with Tein Basics, which is about $650. Its a system thats been proven to be good, for the money. You could also go with Hayame or Omnipower which has gotten good reviews. If you want dampening adjustability, the go with Tein SS, theyre about 900. If you dont have the dough, and want dampening adjustable, you could go for K-Sport/D2(same thing). Thats what Ill most likely be ending up with in the spring. it has 32 way adjustability(Tein has 16) and you can choose whatever springrate you want. And if you want an extra set of springs that are diff spring rate, its only $50.

I'm just saying that with $600, you have other options that people had good experiances with already.

Hope that helped.
~Swift Out...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Who the **** needs 32 way adjustments?? I hope you dont determine a coilovers performance based on how many times you can turn the **** on top.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Searched...Yonaka Coilovers? (Two_K Si)

omnipower &gt;&gt; tein basic. read the archives.
Old 11-17-2004, 03:07 PM

Default Re: Searched...Yonaka Coilovers? (Two_K Si)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Two_K Si &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Who the **** needs 32 way adjustments?? I hope you dont determine a coilovers performance based on how many times you can turn the **** on top.</TD></TR></TABLE>

When KYB AGX were popular, and Teins were new, thats when people said "Who the **** needs 16 way adjustments". Standard just gets raised.

If you are fine tweeking suspension, you need it. But a normal person wouldnt put it to full use. I admit its also for marketing. Im just trying to be imformative man.

~Swift out...
Old 11-17-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Searched...Yonaka Coilovers? (SwiftTone)

i've heard of yonaka. they made my motor mounts that i bought for bseries in a crx. they're copies of the pre-billet hasports. the motor went in very well, easily. the exhaust doesn't hang too low and i only had to tap a couple of the frame supports for the hood for some extra clearance. they seem to be very good quality. if everything else they make is of similar quality, i would probably buy more of their knock-off stuff.

i'm a satisfied customer.