Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

roll cage and 4'' aluminum exhaust help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll cage and 4'' aluminum exhaust help!!!

Hi there evreyone I have a few questions reguarding a roll cage and exhaust. This Januuary im going to cage my car with a parachute. Im buying the 8pt weld in off of safedrives.com them im going to convery it to a 10pt. You see when the front hoops have to be drilled in to your dash, I dont want to do that because I have seen a few race cars with the dash drilled through and it looks ugley... If you go to google.com and type in "integra roll cage" it should be the second picture on the right, It should say under it "momo steering wheel and roll"... I want my hoopes like that but I wana tig weld them in, but I dont know where to buy them pre bent like that, I only want just the front hoopes bent like that, befor the dash...

I also was wondering if any body knows where I can buy some 4 inch polished aluminum tubes for a good deal for my exhaust on my integra. I tryed vibrantperformance and they are to pricey!!!

Feel free to visit my myspace page at www.myspace.com/rockstar_word Thanks!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:30 PM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: roll cage and 4'' aluminum exhaust help!!!

What is your purpose?
Old 12-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Can't help you out with the roll cage... but whats the need with 4 inch exhaust? I have a 3inch and it suits me fine with 500+hp.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Integra303
Hi there evreyone I have a few questions reguarding a roll cage and exhaust. This Januuary im going to cage my car with a parachute. Im buying the 8pt weld in off of safedrives.com them im going to convery it to a 10pt. You see when the front hoops have to be drilled in to your dash, I dont want to do that because I have seen a few race cars with the dash drilled through and it looks ugley... If you go to google.com and type in "integra roll cage" it should be the second picture on the right, It should say under it "momo steering wheel and roll"... I want my hoopes like that but I wana tig weld them in, but I dont know where to buy them pre bent like that, I only want just the front hoopes bent like that, befor the dash...

I also was wondering if any body knows where I can buy some 4 inch polished aluminum tubes for a good deal for my exhaust on my integra. I tryed vibrantperformance and they are to pricey!!!

Feel free to visit my myspace page at www.myspace.com/rockstar_word Thanks!!!

i have a 10pt cage with parachute mount in my integra. the first cage i had it in was the type that doesnt go through the dash, its bent to go around it. In worst case roll over scenario they really arent anywhere as strong as the cage where it goes through the dash. I changed my cage to the kidn that goes through that dash for that very reason. and its only a matter of taking your time and doing it right and itll look as if it was supposed to be there. if you do a hack job, thats what its gonna end up looking like.

As for the 4in aluminum exhuast, unless you plan on running a massive turbo setup and trying to make numbers higher then 700hp, there is honestly no need for it.

All my past turbo cars have only had a catless 3in mufflered exhuast and it did the job perfectly. My friends s2000 is making 526whp on a 3in stainless steel exhaust and that too does the job just fine.

The car im in the proces of building now will have a 4in aluminum exhuast, no cat no muffler, and 3in aluminum intercooler piping. but its also only a full otu drag car and im planning on making 7-800hp and the engine will only ever see race gas

hope this helps
Old 12-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well it helps a lot thanks, but I can handle my car very, so thats ok ... The crow seat belts should save me in case if I crash, and you dont really see a lot of hondas crash at the trach these days... Some people drive and act stupid when they race, me in the other hand I have respect for my car and Iam very cautious when I race... Thanks!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Integra303
well it helps a lot thanks, but I can handle my car very, so thats ok ... The crow seat belts should save me in case if I crash, and you dont really see a lot of hondas crash at the trach these days... Some people drive and act stupid when they race, me in the other hand I have respect for my car and Iam very cautious when I race... Thanks!!!
your still not factoring in the uncontrollable variables my man. what say the guy in front of you cant drive, or the guy alongside you? what if something at the track is off, or a wetspot/gravel on the track, etc? even if you can control your car, doesnt mean that accidents dont happen. even the pros crash every once in a while.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Please don't take this the wrong way but if you worried about how your cage is going to look then you're in the wrong sport!!
Old 12-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude im looking for help and yes im in the right spon... Your in the wrong spot my friend!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do not buy a pre-bent kit if your going to do a full-cage, for one when the bars bend in front of the dash that looks horrible to me visually, and they dont offer much protection to your legs in a head on barrier crash, as from a fabrication standpoint 2 well made holes in the dash for a cage that hugs the body lines is far more appealing (not to mention safe/functional).

Actually you are in the wrong spot, if you would take 10 seconds to look at the different forums, you would see such forums as "Welding & Fabrication" and "Drag Racing" both of which are 100% more geared towards your origional question.

My question to you is what kind of power are you putting down to require a cage and a chute (150+mph traps) and a 4" Exhaust? Or are you just doing it to be cool?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I think he is dreaming. He has not said what will be the set-up. And why would you want to jeopardize safety for looks?
Old 12-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 4'inch exhaust from Vibrant for sale.. i sent you a pm
Old 12-22-2008, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ek_b20_vtec
I have a 4'inch exhaust from Vibrant for sale.. i sent you a pm

did you seriously buy their polished piping and then made an exhaust out of it?
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 AM

not polished but order 4" stuff from globaltecheng.com
Old 12-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 forums that you should have posted this in: Drag Racing and Welding/ Fab. I'd move this thread to one of them, but its half full of off-topic posts as is; therefore, you'll have to start a new thread in one or both of the forums i mentioned above.