Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Removing Gsr Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Gsr Intake Manifold

Is removing the gsr manifold a pain in the ***? Can I do it by myself? Cause i want to buy a FPR, Fuel rail, Fuel pressure gauge, and 310cc or 270 injectors and i just want to install on the new manifold with all the **** on it already.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (WalkerGSR1)

I've never completly taken off my manifold but as far as I know it's simple easy unbolting a few bolts, what new manifold are u going to use? What seatup are u using?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (JasonST)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JasonST &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never completly taken off my manifold but as far as I know it's simple easy unbolting a few bolts, what new manifold are u going to use? What seatup are u using?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea you know cause isnt that everything an engine is?? removing a head is just as much as removing some bolts...The back bolts you will have a very hard time getting to them seeing as they can only be removed with a box wrench...
Old 09-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (JasonST)

The top bolts are easy to remove, but the bottom bolts are a time consuming to get to off, Well if you have small hands you may be able to get you hand in thru the top of the car, if not you will need to get under the car, remove the intake manifold bracket, the little black box located under the manifold.
It Will be lot easier if you have some elbow sockets to help you get them off. All in all very doable.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:29 AM

The skunk2 or blox which ever is better.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (Tha_liks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tha_liks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The top bolts are easy to remove, but the bottom bolts are a time consuming to get to off, Well if you have small hands you may be able to get you hand in thru the top of the car, if not you will need to get under the car, remove the intake manifold bracket, the little black box located under the manifold.
It Will be lot easier if you have some elbow sockets to help you get them off. All in all very doable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

what he said.. its just a matter of manuvering your tools around a bunch of crap underneath the manifold.. installing a new manifold like the skunk2 is much easier.. cause it doesnt use the idle air bypass and stupid bracket thing..
Old 09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (Tha_liks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tha_liks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The top bolts are easy to remove, but the bottom bolts are a time consuming to get to off, Well if you have small hands you may be able to get you hand in thru the top of the car, if not you will need to get under the car, remove the intake manifold bracket, the little black box located under the manifold.
It Will be lot easier if you have some elbow sockets to help you get them off. All in all very doable.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Removing the air box and plumbing for the IAB help clear some room for the bottom bolt removal. Find a friend with tiny but strong hands.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (Dogginator)

Just finished putting mine back on a few minutes ago...

Yes, it is a bitch. Remove the black bracket holding it up, the oil filter, as many sensors as possible, and the 3 nuts holding the IM to the head. &lt;--from under the car.

Take off all fuel/vacuum lines, disconnect sensors, and nuts/bolts from top. You can get the remaining 7 from the top. Pry off with big *** flathead screwdriver.

Im going to switch my manifold just in spite of that bastard IM!!!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:33 PM

How much do you think a shop would charge me to do this?
Old 09-04-2006, 03:18 PM
IVI
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (WalkerGSR1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WalkerGSR1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How much do you think a shop would charge me to do this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

don't bother going to a shop, its very easy to do yourself.

like everyone said elbow sockets might help you but not required.

Old 09-04-2006, 05:34 PM

To get the black "intake manifold support bracket" off (3 bolts) I used a really long extension and ratchet. Made things really easy to take those bolts off. That was probably the hardest thing to remove.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:26 AM
Kiniku Chunks!!!

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (inline4me)

All in all it's eazy. Just get your *** under the car to remove the bolts. I only had to get under for the middle one.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:29 AM

How long of an extension did you have to use? I have a limited tool set.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:16 AM

im in the process of removing my intake manifold too, the easy part is getting it off the head, then i found a bracket under the manifold is actually holding the it in place. there are four bolts holding that bracket on, the first two arent so bad, but then there are two more (a 10mm and a 12mm) that are almost imossible to get too, I had to go under my car to remove those.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (Bullet113)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bullet113 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im in the process of removing my intake manifold too, the easy part is getting it off the head, then i found a bracket under the manifold is actually holding the it in place. there are four bolts holding that bracket on, the first two arent so bad, but then there are two more (a 10mm and a 12mm) that are almost imossible to get too, I had to go under my car to remove those.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do yourself a huge favor and chuck that bracket in the trash once you get it off. It is completely unnecessary and will make your life a lot easier putting the manifold back on and taking it off in the future.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Removing Gsr Intake Manifold (Bullet113)

Originally Posted by Dartanian
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bullet113 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im in the process of removing my intake manifold too, the easy part is getting it off the head, then i found a bracket under the manifold is actually holding the it in place. there are four bolts holding that bracket on, the first two arent so bad, but then there are two more (a 10mm and a 12mm) that are almost imossible to get too, I had to go under my car to remove those.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do yourself a huge favor and chuck that bracket in the trash once you get it off. It is completely unnecessary and will make your life a lot easier putting the manifold back on and taking it off in the future.
I know this is an ancient thread but would any of you be curious to the purpose of the black bracket for weight precautions of the gsr manifold?
Im am inclined to think overtime it would cause stress on the top bolts of the IM; this is the only manifold that comes with a bracket. I wonder what the weight difference is between the GSR IM and Skunk2 or ITR IM. Anyone know?