Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

removing a dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing a dashboard

i need the website on how to remove a dashboard i got it from some1 b4 but i lost it
Old 02-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Re: removing a dashboard (gsrintegra14)

It's not too hard, have a friend help because the dashboard is heavy as crap.

- remove seats
- remove center console
- remove radio/ash tray
- remove climate control unit
- remove glovebox
- remove lower knee panel below steering wheel
- DISCONNECT BATTERY, BOTH CABLES!!!!
- disconnect passenger airbag and use harness jumper connector so it doesn't explode
- remove steering column trim pieces
- disconnect driver airbag and use harness jumper connector so it doesn't explode
- remove lower steering column floor cover
- remove 4 bolts holding steering column in place (have friend support steering wheel because it's quite heavy)
- have some blankets or something handy to rest the steering wheel and column on the floorboard
- remove clock
- remove bolts holding dashboard in place, there's one on each end that you can get to when the doors are open, one behind each door window defrost vent, one behind the clock, a few underneath, I can't remember where all exactly.
- Dashboard slides straight back and off its support brackets. Watch the harnesses and make sure you've disconnected everything.

That's pretty much the jist of it. When you finish it will look like this
Old 02-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing a dashboard (PatrickGSR94)

holy ****, that is a lot of work.

here is another thread in case you have any other questions.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=954173
Old 02-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

oops, forgot the part about removing and disconnecting the ECU.

Damn I bet that other guy had a HELL of a time getting it off while leaving the steering wheel bolted in place. I followed the procedure shown in my Helms manual.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

i breifly considered doing the tan to black swap but never really looked in depth into the work that would go into it. i am assuming you did the same...just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to do everything (assuming that you indeed performed the "swap")

/thread-jack
Old 02-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (.brian.)

My interior has always been black w/ gray carpet. All BG-33P Paradise Blue Pearl (teal) Integras came that way. I had my dash out when I was diagnosing and trying to fix my water leaks last year. The arrow in that pic is one place where water was coming in.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (PatrickGSR94)

With regards to removing the dash...it is easier to leave the seats in...butt support, just fold them all the way down and all the way back.

Next it is also easier to leave the heater A/C, and radio installed...to do this though you will need to disconnect the heater A/C vent cable located on the passegers side near the OBD connector...simple unclip and slide off.

You can unplug the pass airbag through the glove box...and leave it there or remove it completely...your preference.

The column is simple (obviously remove the 3 10mm bolts holding on the knee bolster for the plastic shield)...just don't forget the 10mm under the black cover that connects it to your steering rack...or you can just undo the 4 12mm bolts and let it hang out...but it could be in the way.

Then there are approx 6 10mm bolts and a couple screws if my memory serves me right (behind the clock, on either side where the door cards meet, on in each corner of the lower part of the dash and one behind the ash tray / console.

Have fun

P.S. Don't forget to unplug the harness that are behind the dash center (where the ashtray was) and on the drivers side...1 blue, 2 gray, possibly a brown or green...I can not remember...cheers
Old 02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I remember, it seems like those 2 or 3 big plugs behind the dash would be alot easier to disconnect if the radio and stuff is out. It's so easy to take it out anyway. And if you're going to be unclipping the A/C mix cable, you might as well just go ahead and pull out the HVAC control unit.
Old 02-24-2006, 03:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PatrickGSR94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's not too hard, have a friend help because the dashboard is heavy as crap.
That's pretty much the jist of it. When you finish it will look like this
</TD></TR></TABLE>
Dashboard isnt as heavy as you make it out to be... its about the weight of an entire seat.

and secondly the train blanket is essential
Old 02-24-2006, 03:21 PM

sounds tuff
Old 02-24-2006, 05:10 PM

Default Re: removing a dashboard (iheartDc2)

I'll be doing this soon here. Alrdy swapped out my door panels, center console, kick panels and steering wheel with airbag. Now I just need dash, pillars, headliner carpet and seats. It kinda feels like a cool collection =P Not too expensive if you buy piece by piece for the swap. Fun watching your interior slowly take shape.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: removing a dashboard (SlamminS85)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SlamminS85 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dashboard isnt as heavy as you make it out to be... its about the weight of an entire seat.

and secondly the train blanket is essential</TD></TR></TABLE>

yessir, gotta have the train blanket woooh wooooooh!!!!

Yeah it's about as heavy as a seat, but because of it's size it's VERY cumbersome to try to take it out and put it in by yourself. I know, because I did it all by myself. I probably put the dash back in to test stuff and pulled it back out 5 or 6 times and kept wishing I had someone to help.