Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

The Real Cable to hydro conversion?

Old 05-19-2008, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Real Cable to hydro conversion?

Just want to post this up to see if anyone has converted there cable car into a real hydro one....I'm not talking about those actuators...becuase i have broken 3 innovative ones and just now snapped 2 cables..it should be possible to converted the car over to hydro just want to see if someone has done it before or even just some opinions
Old 05-19-2008, 07:36 AM

Default Re: The Real Cable to hydro conversion? (M1klo)

Old 05-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its been done. id check out what the civic guys have done, bc i know ive seen a writeup for it on a crx. btw, how did you manage to break those actuators? ive been on mine for over a year now with 0 problems.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Re: The Real Cable to hydro conversion? (be18see1)

Will do that man..if theres been a conversion for the CRX then it should be the same for my DA...But with the actuators breaking, I believe the problem is my pressure plate. I have a pressure plate with 2 set of teeth instead of 1 set. So the tension on the actuator and cable is twice of a stock one. I had a problem with innovatives actuator(version 1) because they had a bolts weak side facing the wrong way...i let them know about this and they addressed it...then the second broke at the little ***** end, they said that this was a first for them and the third one I received was the best one yet becuase it still working fine....but now my cables are snapping were you adjust the tension at. so im ganna replace the pressure plate with the stock one and see if these problems go away if not im done with cable and going hydrualic...Quick question, What kind of pressure plate/clutch are you using?

Anyone Have a thread for Cable to Hydro on a DA or EF
Old 05-20-2008, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im currently just running a heavy duty plate (dont know the numbers, although ive looked) and stage one clutch by exedy. so, like you said, you were running a much heavier setup than i am.