Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

PROBLEM: driver side door wont unlock/open so i cant even open to fix!! WTF

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PROBLEM: driver side door wont unlock/open so i cant even open to fix!! WTF

so basically for the past year the driver side door has had problems with unlocking. it most of the time will not unlock from the outside, and will not from the inside. the remote and lock switch
inside the car will unlock it but the doors precede to lock back up because of the driverside door not wanting to fully unlock. now the problem has gotten to the point where it will not unlock for good.

i am pretty sure that whatever hook inside the door panel that latches and unlatches the door has come loose BUT i cant get the damn door open in the first place to even work on it... im completely lost as to what i can do.

ive tried working with what i can while the door is closed looking at the latch system at the point of the door handle inside, but its not there where the problem is.

someone please help me because im tired of getting in the pasenger and look completely stupid.

thanks

Justin
Old 12-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: PROBLEM: driver side door wont unlock/open so i cant even open to fix!! WTF

Call AAA or a locksmith and see if they can open it for you with a jimmy.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:43 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: PROBLEM: driver side door wont unlock/open so i cant even open to fix!! WTF

wind the window down from inside and then use a flatblade to pry off the outer weatherstripping (be prepared to replace it) after you're done.

should give you enough wobble room between the glass and outer door shell so you can see down inside the door to get on the door rod with a piece of flat steel with a notch cut into so you can grab and open the door that way.

then fix the damn thing.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks guys, i just about an hour ago thought about the police/locksmith being able to when you lock your keys in, just dont want to call and have to pay. maybe some local shops have the little bar thing they use. if not might have to find someone with AAA and pretend im locked out so it wont be charged and just covered ha.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:23 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

MM&Y of car would help.

If the car has OEM power door locks, disconnect power, [batt. neg.(-)] use the manual lock "switch" to unlock the door.

Once door is open remove door panel and replace door lock actuator. 94