Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Please help! Crank No start, no spark.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! Crank No start, no spark.

So here is my situation. I was heading to a friends, doing about 35MPH, when all of the sudden my car dies, however I seem to recall the dash lights staying on. Lost power, slowly lost speed. Car would not start again, crank but no start. For about 2 months leading up to this I had an engine code which apparently coorilated to CPS. I believe it was P1381. So, since this happened I realized that I had no spark on any cylindars. I have replaced my entire distributor, main relay, and the crankshaft position sensor by the crankshaft behind the harmonic balancer. It was still cranking, but would not get spark. Since then I messed with some of the fuses in the engine bay, swapping a couple of the 50amp fuses around and stuff because they all appear to be good, however when I switched the OPTION fuse with the IG fuse, I lost my crank no start, and went to no crank no start, also since swapping them back i am at a no crank no start, but I might have just lost power in my battery again. Plz, help. What should I try/buy next. The dash lights come one fine, the check engine and maint required lights come on for a few moments and then turn off. Since replacing the dizzy and the cps, I have not had a check engine light, however before I made repairs, I would reset the light and it would not come back on for another 5 mins or so of driving so for all i know it might come back on again, but i dont think it will because I have a brand new cps and distributor in there. Any suggestions appreciated. THANKS! Oh, and my new dizzy isn't spinning like there is no power to it. the rotor isn't spinning anymore idk if it was before lol
Old 04-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Please help! Crank No start, no spark.

If the distributor don't spin. Check your timing belt while cracking to see if it moves.
Old 04-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, will do. My battery is charging down at NAPA right now. I'll grab it around 7, throw it in and see if I get action on that timing belt. Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been trying to figure out my password for like the last hour. lol
Old 04-24-2017, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RuljancichM
Okay, will do. My battery is charging down at NAPA right now. I'll grab it around 7, throw it in and see if I get action on that timing belt. Sorry it took so long to respond, I've been trying to figure out my password for like the last hour. lol
lol it happens to me too. I made a new account since I forgot my old password. Right now I'm targeting a situation similar to yours but my rotor do spin.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey will I just be able to take the valve cover off and see if the timing belt moves, or am I gonna need to take the entire crankshaft case off?
Old 04-24-2017, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mrprofits213
lol it happens to me too. I made a new account since I forgot my old password. Right now I'm targeting a situation similar to yours but my rotor do spin.
Oic. Gotcha. Well hopefully together we can figure this out. Or at least one of us. If at least one of us gets our car started it will have been a success in my book!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oic. Gotcha. Well hopefully together we can figure this out. Or at least one of us. If at least one of us gets our car started it will have been a success in my book!
the belt it's on the driver side of the engine you don't need to take anything apart. I'm hoping for the same.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well on the driver's side I have the ac powersteering and the alternator belts all hooked up to the harmonic balancer, ordinarily; however, none of those are currently hooked up because I had to replace the CPS behind the harmonic balancer. But I'm pretty sure my timing belt is behind a crankshaft case. I'll take a look and check it out. It's a 97 Integra RS
Old 04-25-2017, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay, so I looked and the timing belt is not spinning at all, just vibrating a little when I turn it over. It appears to be on there a little losely, however the teeth are all connected. I will be pulling the front wheel off again, and getting behind the harmonic balancer to check the lower half of the belt later today.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Idk maybe a bent cam? There is rubbing right by the timing wheel or w/e it's called.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Idk maybe a bent cam? There is rubbing right by the timing wheel or w/e it's called.

i don't know much about timing belt but by the looks of your cams it looks like it's way off a couple tooth off.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey MrProfits, I figured out that my timing belt was stripped around the harmonic balancer area. So I replaced the belt and my car started right up. Thanks for your help. --Matthew Corey Ruljancich
Old 04-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey MrProfits, I figured out that my timing belt was stripped around the harmonic balancer area. So I replaced the belt and my car started right up. Thanks for your help. --Matthew Corey Ruljancich
oh wow. That's good 👍
I'm still trying to figure my out lol. Glad your car is up and running.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So what exactly is going on with your car? You said no spark?
Old 05-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it no spark on all cylindars? Or just a couple? Have you messed with the relay main at all? Ecu working? Engine bay fuses?
Old 05-06-2017, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is it no spark on all cylindars? Or just a couple? Have you messed with the relay main at all? Ecu working? Engine bay fuses?
hello. I fixed my Integra now. I swap the distributor and now she runs.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mrprofits213
hello. I fixed my Integra now. I swap the distributor and now she runs.
Nice, DUDE! That's awesome. Glad to hear it!
Old 05-07-2017, 04:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, DUDE! That's awesome. Glad to hear it!
Congrats on the fix! It's crazy how many various issues a bad dizzy can create. Hopefully you went with another OEM unit because I have heard and seen a lot of bad things with the aftermarket ones for our cars. Glad you fixed it though! Anyone still feeling helpful checkout my post below this lol, DC2 suddenly started running crazy lean @ idle. Lean enough to get lean popping misfires. Sucks, don't think a new dizzy will fix my issue this time lol.