Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Oil Light & Low RPM! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Light & Low RPM! HELP

Okay, my friend has a 96 GSR with about 112,xxx miles on the motor. The motor recently has been acting strange, let me explain the problem. When my friend starts his car it would idle high for a few minutes to warm the car up(normal). And then once it starts to get warmed up, the needle would start to idle between 200-500 RPM!! NO LIE! And from that low idle the car seems fine, it will not stall or nothing but the oil light will flicker every 2 seconds. And when the car is idling at regular temperature at a stop light or anywhere else. We would hit the gas to go but it seems like the motor is bogging for a few seconds and then the car starts to go fine.. Its pretty strange, I checked the oil level, its at the correct point. We replaced the spark plug. The Spark plug wires and the cap and rotor are fine as wells. Dont know what else the problem would be! Also i forgot to add, when its idling at 200-500 the oil light will flicker, but when you tap the gas lightly to get more RPMS the oil light will disappear! Someone help please. Thanks!

Last edited by PinoyDelS0l; 04-10-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Oil Light & Low RPM! HELP

Bump want some solutions, thanks.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by PinoyDelS0l
Bump want some solutions, thanks.
Best bet would be to hook up oil pressure guage to check the pressure above idle. With the car idleing that low it may not be able to create enough pressure. Your idle should be higher than that, maybe an iac problem, vaccum leak?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by blkb18
Best bet would be to hook up oil pressure guage to check the pressure above idle. With the car idleing that low it may not be able to create enough pressure. Your idle should be higher than that, maybe an iac problem, vaccum leak?
No vacuum leak, i checked all the hoses.. Idle does not go up and down, stays exactly at 200-500 rpm with a flashing oil lamp. Where do i connect the oil pressure gauge at? Something tells me, that the oil pump might be getting ready to go.. Can someone second that?
Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Where the oil presure switch goes.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by PinoyDelS0l
Okay, my friend has a 96 GSR with about 112,xxx miles on the motor. The motor recently has been acting strange, let me explain the problem. When my friend starts his car it would idle high for a few minutes to warm the car up(normal). And then once it starts to get warmed up, the needle would start to idle between 200-500 RPM!! NO LIE! And from that low idle the car seems fine, it will not stall or nothing but the oil light will flicker every 2 seconds. And when the car is idling at regular temperature at a stop light or anywhere else. We would hit the gas to go but it seems like the motor is bogging for a few seconds and then the car starts to go fine.. Its pretty strange, I checked the oil level, its at the correct point. We replaced the spark plug. The Spark plug wires and the cap and rotor are fine as wells. Dont know what else the problem would be! Also i forgot to add, when its idling at 200-500 the oil light will flicker, but when you tap the gas lightly to get more RPMS the oil light will disappear! Someone help please. Thanks!
did you ever identify the problem? I'm having this issue with my 09 accord.