Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Non Vtec B18b1Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non Vtec B18b1Nitrous

Hello. I'm sorry if this exact subject has been discussed before. I searched and couldn't find something that answered my question.

So let's start by saying I live in California and I'm not trying to have problems with the police. My plan is to build a b18b1 with forged internals and titanium valve terrain. I'm leaving it non Vtec so it looks stock under the hood. My goal is to get as close as possible to 200 Na horsepower. Then hide a 200 wet shot in the trunk. so from the outside the car looks stock minus a carb intake and header. My question is will it be necessary to sleeve the block? I want to be able to drive the car a lot, not necessarily DD but I would like the option. I feel 200hp would make a great street car then turn the NX up when i go to the track or need to pull onto the freeway. I know this is not the cheapest or easiest way to make power but like I said I'm in CA and I don't want to worry about getting popped. Granted it won't pass smog and I'm ok with that. I just want to look as inconspicuous as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Non Vtec B18b1Nitrous

It's a yes or no answer. Come on!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You do not need to sleeve the block , no, but if you have it torn apart for other reasons try a block guard from a reputable supplier, so if you end up going turbo or supercharged in the future it will be done already. The block guard will help with your nitrous use too, worth doing once you have the engine torn apart. Something tells me the nitrous route just won't be an ideal long term solution, I didn't know anyone ran that stuff on the street anymore.

I know nothing about your CARB rules, but if I was going to spend the time and money building a motor internally I'd rather do a nice motor swap, or go boost. Good luck with your project.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes turbo would be ideal. The only company's that made carb legal turbos no longer make them. And for the swap I know a lot of people do it in CA but I'm 32 with a family and I'm not trying to have problems with the cops. CA just passed a new law over loud exhaust and it seems like they are cracking down on it plus we have smog check points here. I know it won't pass smog how I described but it would pass visual and then be a fix it ticket instead of an impound. Really I'm looking for something I can street drive but if the need arises I can make a Corvette owner eat his words. Haha.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Cagers
Yes turbo would be ideal. The only company's that made carb legal turbos no longer make them. And for the swap I know a lot of people do it in CA but I'm 32 with a family and I'm not trying to have problems with the cops. CA just passed a new law over loud exhaust and it seems like they are cracking down on it plus we have smog check points here. I know it won't pass smog how I described but it would pass visual and then be a fix it ticket instead of an impound. Really I'm looking for something I can street drive but if the need arises I can make a Corvette owner eat his words. Haha.
Get a pro charger supercharger and run 10 psi, its street legal and will make as much hp as a turbo psi for psi, its only limited to about 12 to 14 psi before it revs past 80k rpm. That's what I use in my GSR in CA. I have another kit if your interested 0 miles.. I get popped all the time but once they see the carb sticker they bounce lol.

I would skip sleeving just for NOS, at the least put a CSS block guard. Make sure you run a Hondata S300 V2 or V3 with a solid tune, no base map get it tuned asap!.

Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've seen those but since they are for a GSR/Type R I didn't think It would be carb legal on an ls. Does it matter?