Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Need some legal advice - got ticketed for Failure to yield from private drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2001, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some legal advice - got ticketed for Failure to yield from private drive

I was wondering if you guys could give me some legal advice. I was leaving Arby's today at lunchtime and was taking a left turn onto a 4 lane road. The traffic going right was clear and the traffic going left (the way I wanted to go) was very light. I seen a highway patrol turn onto this street in the far right lane about 1/4 mile away. There was another car in the far right lane about 400' away. I pull out into the left-lane and next thing you know the lights are on. Evidently, I pulled into the lane the highway patrol was traveling in. When I looked away and decided to pull out, she must have been accelerating pretty good and changed lanes. She pulled me over and gave me a ticket for:

Failure to yield from private drive

As it currently stands, I have 6 points on my license. My most recent ticket was May 00. I've been trying to drive very carefully and this crap happens.

So within the last 3 years, here's whats on my record:
Aug 99 - Failure to yield (company vehicle, long story)
Oct 99 - Failure to control vehicle (my own fault)
May 00 - Failure to yeild from stop sign (my own fault)

The highway patrolman (er woman) told me I could just pay the $80 and not go to court. However, my biggest concern is the points on my license. I'm sure this charge entails another 2 points, and there goes my insurance rates.

you guys have any advice?

thanks alot!!!
Old 12-03-2001, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some legal advice - got ticketed for Failure to yield from private drive (lilmikey77)

Not to be mean dood, but you need to learn how to yeild. two prior tickets and you still havn't figured it out?
Old 12-03-2001, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Advice?

Advice: Drink some Creatine shakes for muscle mass. You're gonna need as many calories as you can get for the bike riding you're going to be doing. Really though, 6 points on your license. I don't really have any usuable advice. It doesn't really sound like you can fight this one and win because of your previous history with failing to yield...<insert phrase>.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate turn of events.
Old 12-03-2001, 11:40 AM

Default Re: Need some legal advice - got ticketed for Failure to yield from private drive (cotton_lix)

oh come on guys, theres some long stories behind all these incidents... i would guarantee you that i can drive better than 96% of the people out there.

the failure to yield in aug 99 was a joke, i got hit in the company van in the middle of a bad intersection (it was even labeled dangerous intersection with the blinky lights and all). anyways, i had the stop sign and the guy that creamed me didn't have a stop sign. to make it worse he never hit the brakes so there was no way to judge his speed. anywys, i had zero points at the time, so i just paid the $70 and went on with life.

failure to control in oct 99, that was another long story... basically i was on this back road cruising along like i always do (and like everyone does) but the problem was that there was an oil spill earlier that day and they decided to put sand down on the road. after i wrecked a couple other people slid off the road behind me.

failure to yield in may 00, another long story.. my buddies were following behind me, but, evidently these sherrifs passed them (without me knowing it), they followed me for a few miles and then pulled me over. they had me for 2 counts of speeding and they said they would drop them and give me failure to yield from a stop sign (even though I know i stopped). But, I wasn't going to complain, 1 violation VS 2.. hmm.

and now this, like i said the highway patrol was in the far right lane and at least a 1/4 mile away. this road is rated at 25mph and there was plenty of distance for me to safely pull into the left lane. (actually there was NO one in the left lane, just 2 people in the right lane).

Old 12-03-2001, 12:28 PM
New User

Default Re: Need some legal advice - got ticketed for Failure to yield from private drive (lilmikey77)

Serves ya right for eating at Arby's
Old 12-03-2001, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Need some legal advice - got ticketed for Failure to yield from private drive (Asterix)

Serves ya right for eating at Arby's
you're fuct!