Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Acura Integra (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/)
-   -   Need Help Stumped No Fuel Or Spark (https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/need-help-stumped-no-fuel-spark-3219166/)

OrangeTeggy 08-14-2014 05:17 PM

Need Help Stumped No Fuel Or Spark

97 Integra just recently did a wire tuck ,brake tuck, abs delete etc.. Go to start the car and I have fuel going to my fuel rail but I don't have any fuel going into my motor.. I can pull the injector out of the fuel rail and fuel will pour out.. If I pull it out of the head its dry as can be. ( tried another set of injectors same results, also swapped around the injector plugs and still get same results)

Also Im not getting any spark I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, Cap and Rotor, ( haven't purchased a brand new coil yet have tried 2 different coils though)

The motor is a stock gsr

Any input would be great thank you

wunfstgsr 08-15-2014 12:46 PM

Re: Need Help Stumped No Fuel Or Spark

recheck the wire tuck, check the injector wires as well as distributor wires.

OrangeTeggy 08-19-2014 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr (Post 49901481)
recheck the wire tuck, check the injector wires as well as distributor wires.

Wiring harness has been sent back to the manufacturer and they hooked up to a local gsr integra and no issues what so ever they said. By checking the injectors are you meaning by checking for voltage?

kaycee_00 08-19-2014 12:30 PM

Did you put all of the grounds back on after the tuck? Any check engine lights on?

wunfstgsr 08-19-2014 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeTeggy (Post 49907929)
Wiring harness has been sent back to the manufacturer and they hooked up to a local gsr integra and no issues what so ever they said. By checking the injectors are you meaning by checking for voltage?

I would check the tucked cabin wire harness not the engine harness. somewhere from the the injector cabin harness to the ecu is a break.

OrangeTeggy 08-27-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by kaycee_00 (Post 49907960)
Did you put all of the grounds back on after the tuck? Any check engine lights on?

All the grounds to my knowledge are where they should be and yes I have a check engine light , but when I do the paper clip trick I don't get an actual code that would pop up.

OrangeTeggy 08-27-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr (Post 49907962)
I would check the tucked cabin wire harness not the engine harness. somewhere from the the injector cabin harness to the ecu is a break.

Where would that be located originally

wunfstgsr 08-27-2014 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by OrangeTeggy (Post 49921459)
Where would that be located originally

Actually i would start checking the injector harness from the engine harness first since i would think is where the break would be because I'm sure when it was tucked away and re wired somewhere theres a break, then i would check the cabin harness which goes through the fire wall down to the ecu. Basically go through the wiring again.. and also check the coil in the distributor. Maybe the coil is loose and not getting contact with the cap iv seen it happen.

OrangeTeggy 08-30-2014 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr (Post 49921620)
Actually i would start checking the injector harness from the engine harness first since i would think is where the break would be because I'm sure when it was tucked away and re wired somewhere theres a break, then i would check the cabin harness which goes through the fire wall down to the ecu. Basically go through the wiring again.. and also check the coil in the distributor. Maybe the coil is loose and not getting contact with the cap iv seen it happen.

What I am confused on about I bought the harness had this issue sent the harness back from where I purchased it and this problem is still there. They told me they hooked up my harness to a car similar to mine and it fired right up . The spark problem isn't a huge concern yet since the motor isn't getting any fuel but the coil I had laying around isn't brand new everything else is brand new so that's gonna be my first check when I get to that part

full Circling 08-30-2014 03:02 PM

what exactly happens when you try and jump the harness and pull the codes? does it flash at all?

fcm 09-01-2014 07:52 AM

Got to agree with wunfstgsr, start at the injectors...

Check for power, [12V+] on the lead that is the same color at all four injectors, [should be yellow/black] you must have 12V+ when ign. switch is in the run AND start positions.

Power for the injectors is supplied by the fuel injector relay in the PGM-FI Main Relay.

If you have power the problem is no ground pulse from the ECU/ECM, I can go into that later.

If there is no power at the injectors check continuitiy on the yellow/black lead between the PGM-FI Main Relay and the injector plugs.

Let me know what you find, 94

full Circling 09-02-2014 06:18 PM

These are awesome tools for doing this kind of troubleshooting:

OrangeTeggy 09-04-2014 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by full Circling (Post 49927794)
what exactly happens when you try and jump the harness and pull the codes? does it flash at all?

Yes it flashes once and then will go away and then 2 long blinks and then I cant remember the quick blinks I get from the check engine light while jumping it and pulling codes on the top of my head.. Will get back to you on that

OrangeTeggy 09-04-2014 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by fcm (Post 49929705)
Got to agree with wunfstgsr, start at the injectors...

Check for power, [12V+] on the lead that is the same color at all four injectors, [should be yellow/black] you must have 12V+ when ign. switch is in the run AND start positions.

Power for the injectors is supplied by the fuel injector relay in the PGM-FI Main Relay.

If you have power the problem is no ground pulse from the ECU/ECM, I can go into that later.

If there is no power at the injectors check continuitiy on the yellow/black lead between the PGM-FI Main Relay and the injector plugs.

Let me know what you find, 94

Will be doing this tonight and I do know that the guy who was helping me read online that you can bypass the main relay (taking it out I think that's what he did) and then turning the fuel pump on to get rid of the gas that was in my tank.. So we then thought by doing that something with the main relay had happened and I purchased a new main relay and same outcome. I will try to post a video I have on my phone later tonight as well of attempting to start it

fcm 09-07-2014 11:00 AM

Again, test for power at the injectors, is there is none, test for power output at the PGM-FI Main Relay, it is a yellow/black lead at the injectors and the relay.

If there is no power at the injectors but there is at the relay, you messed up the tuck, find the "open circuit",

If there is no power output at the relay, check for power input to the relay, there are three (3) of them...

Yellow/white, hot at all times, injector relay power
Black/yellow, hot in run and start, injector relay trigger and fuel pump power.
Blue/white, hot when cranking to start only, fuel pump relay trigger "back up" power.94

OrangeTeggy 04-11-2015 09:01 AM

Well back again its finally warming up here in Iowa so can start working on my car again, Still no fuel or spark. Have replaced the coil thinking that may of been my spark issue and that wasn't the case. Also tried using starter fluid to get the motor to crank over it did nothing. Have no voltage on the injectors. Also pulled all my spark plugs and 1 of them looked to have carbon build up but my other 3 looked brand new( no idea what would cause this either).. Have checked my grounds multiple times, also have checked all my fuses.

kaycee_00 04-11-2015 12:34 PM

Did you ever check for power at the injectors?

Also did you ever remove this grey cap and not put it back on.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...9f0f34b1f0.jpg

EnjoyTheRideDC2 04-11-2015 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by OrangeTeggy (Post 50304441)
Well back again its finally warming up here in Iowa so can start working on my car again, Still no fuel or spark. Have replaced the coil thinking that may of been my spark issue and that wasn't the case. Also tried using starter fluid to get the motor to crank over it did nothing. Have no voltage on the injectors. Also pulled all my spark plugs and 1 of them looked to have carbon build up but my other 3 looked brand new( no idea what would cause this either).. Have checked my grounds multiple times, also have checked all my fuses.

Without any fuel present, what would replacing a coil and using starting fluid do for your situation?

You checked your injectors and there's no voltage...How did you go about testing them for voltage exactly? With the car off? Key positioned @ the first click?

Have you done any of the tests fcm suggested in 2014?

OrangeTeggy 04-20-2015 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by kaycee_00 (Post 50304636)
Did you ever check for power at the injectors?

Also did you ever remove this grey cap and not put it back on.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/honda-t...9f0f34b1f0.jpg

With the harness I am using there is a wire that goes underneath the drivers side dash that supposibly from I am told deletes the left side of the harness. ( How I have no idea) Cause I working on the car lastnight and I noticed those plugs but I was told they weren't needing.

And I purchased the the coil to see if I could get spark. Also I checked voltage with the key in the on position and while it was being cranked over. I believe its something stupid simple and I am overlooking it..