Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 08:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please

My 1999 integra Gs has been acting up. The car just dies on me while I'm driving. Prior to this it was not starting at operating temperature . So I changed the Ect sensor amd it fixed my pronlem. Now it's just dies when I'm driVing and press the gas while in Dr rive. I replaced the fuel filter,full pump, and cleaned the injectors . I'd appreciate any help I can get to fix my problem.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:53 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: Need help please

main relay, distributor, ignition switch.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jomtapia
My 1999 integra Gs has been acting up. The car just dies on me while I'm driving. Prior to this it was not starting at operating temperature . So I changed the Ect sensor amd it fixed my pronlem. Now it's just dies when I'm driVing and press the gas while in Dr rive. I replaced the fuel filter,full pump, and cleaned the injectors . I'd appreciate any help I can get to fix my problem.
So, it idles ok and dies while under load?
Old 07-07-2019, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
main relay, distributor, ignition switch.
Thank you I will check these things out. See the car stays on and I'll drive a while then it shuts off.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Check out your distributor. Also your spark plugs and wires could probably stand to be replaced
Old 07-07-2019, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I had also replaced the spark plugs. The car starts amd will drive for a while but then it shuts off. Then it won't start right away until it cools. I already changed the Ect sensor. I hooked up the scanner and got a p0420 code. Idk if this affects it
Old 07-07-2019, 01:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

That code doesn't have anything to do with the problem most likely. It's definitely a distributor issue based off of what you just said. You can do some research and diagnose what it is inside your distributor and fix that or just replace the whole distributor itself. Either way, make sure to set the ignition timing afterwards.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Jomtapia
I had also replaced the spark plugs. The car starts amd will drive for a while but then it shuts off. Then it won't start right away until it cools. I already changed the Ect sensor. I hooked up the scanner and got a p0420 code. Idk if this affects it
That ecu code is for either the cat being bad or clogged or the O2 sensors are bad. But these should not shut the engine off.

Your issue is more than likely the ICM sensor located inside the distributor, when they go bad they will get too hot and not work causing the engine to not start or die while driving. Not until the engine cools down will the the ICM work again and give spark to the engine. Test and or replace the ICM. Some people use thermal paste used on electronic computer components and coat the ICM under its mounting plate to protect it from heat soak. Mines is coated!