Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Need help with 94 integra LS Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 11:23 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 94 integra LS Auto

hello i apologies if this is not the correct forum but i need help with my 94 Integra LS , for a while the car started struggling to accelerate through 1st and 2nd gear then the car started to want to turn off while driving, recently the car died on me in the middle of the road and didn't want to turn on. after a while it started but struggled to move then died so i called a tow. now when i turn it on it idles very low and seems to want to turn off before revving back up again. the car has new spark plugs and distributor cap so at this point i am lost. also i noticed the smell of gas after trying to get it started again so maybe a fuel pimp or a relay? i am not a mechanic nor do i mess with cars all that often so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. without this car i am screwed
Old 04-28-2019, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need help with 94 integra LS Auto

check the fuel lines under the car if they are leaking , they tend to rust out and I only mention this as you said that you smelled fuel. If you are getting proper fuel pressure then it may be the igniter or coil inside the distributor on the ignition side.
Old 04-28-2019, 10:24 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

ignition maintenance done lately? Any maint done at all?
Old 04-28-2019, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by thavillain91
hello i apologies if this is not the correct forum but i need help with my 94 Integra LS , for a while the car started struggling to accelerate through 1st and 2nd gear then the car started to want to turn off while driving, recently the car died on me in the middle of the road and didn't want to turn on. after a while it started but struggled to move then died so i called a tow. now when i turn it on it idles very low and seems to want to turn off before revving back up again. the car has new spark plugs and distributor cap so at this point i am lost. also i noticed the smell of gas after trying to get it started again so maybe a fuel pimp or a relay? i am not a mechanic nor do i mess with cars all that often so if anyone can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. without this car i am screwed
Your smelling fuel cause your flooding the engine trying to start it. Take out the plugs and dry them and check the gap make sure your plugs are good and gapped to spec check the manual, there $20 at auto zone.

Did you ever notice the check engine turn on ever during these times? if so try and get the ECU scanned for any codes with a hand scanner. This will point directly to the problem.
Check all the electrical plugs and the wires for anything unplugged or pulled out the harness.
Could also be a bad Map sensor.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a similar problem a few months back. New distributor fixed it.