Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Nearing 270k, is a full rebuild necessary?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nearing 270k, is a full rebuild necessary?

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out what my options are. The JDM B18C (japanese ITR) is nearing 270k and she's consuming a lot of oil and leaving oil droplets wherever I park. Seems like she's leaking near the cam seals and also the oil pan. During WOT there's quite a lot of smoke, but during normal daily driving everything's still working well.

At this point, besides for replacing all the seals and gaskets, timing belt, water pump, is a full teardown of the block and cleanup of the head necessary? I'd like to keep this whole thing on the cheaper side since the car's getting older.

TIA
Old 06-24-2019, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Nearing 270k, is a full rebuild necessary?

Leak down test and do a compression test. This will let you know if the head needs to be rebuilt or the bottom end, or possibly both. Don't know how? Pay a competent shop too.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Re: Nearing 270k, is a full rebuild necessary?

Originally Posted by erikiksaz1
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out what my options are. The JDM B18C (japanese ITR) is nearing 270k and she's consuming a lot of oil and leaving oil droplets wherever I park. Seems like she's leaking near the cam seals and also the oil pan. During WOT there's quite a lot of smoke, but during normal daily driving everything's still working well.

At this point, besides for replacing all the seals and gaskets, timing belt, water pump, is a full teardown of the block and cleanup of the head necessary? I'd like to keep this whole thing on the cheaper side since the car's getting older.

TIA
If its consuming oil the rings are worn so yea I would go for a full rebuild, I wouldn't put new gaskets ect with out over hauling the engine with new bearings rings and seals. Your going to have the same issues if you don't.